Favorite Wrestling Style

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

natasha18

Jobber
Reaction score
I am going to have to go with hardcore on this one. Technical is nice but I will never get bored watching a good hardcore match.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp

The match that made Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole ladies and gentlemen. Hybrid fighting rules.

This things was awesome. Just pure out hard hits. 9/10.

I'm gonna whore this one out until the cows come home.

I had the pleasure of watching this one live earlier today. This was 5 stars when watching it live and I ate this one up like chips on a Saturday. Masterful work from Suzuki and Styles was on fire.

Great story, great technical wrestling, great psychology and just down right great. Insane.

@seabs @POP TATARI @Majour at anyone else.

AJ has been on a massive role since leave TNA.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score

I'm gonna whore this one out until the cows come home.

I had the pleasure of watching this one live earlier today. This was 5 stars when watching it live and I ate this one up like chips on a Saturday. Masterful work from Suzuki and Styles was on fire.

Great story, great technical wrestling, great psychology and just down right great. Insane.

@seabs @POP TATARI @Majour at anyone else.

Awesome Match that, loved it :)

Fast paced technical ones. Not too technical where it becomes amateur wrestling, but enjoyable. Like Benoit, Eddie and so on.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Long matches where both workers want to give their best to the customer is always great.
Iron Man WM12 was an ego trip and it showed, so that match was shite.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
That AR Fox match was his tyipical bouncing around like a twat shit , the very oppisite of technical wrestling. Not really a fan of high flying style only a few wrestlers who deploy this style I find intresting.

Tecnical style is the one i get the most enjoyment out of, love seeing great counters and submissions and mat based affairs.

Hardcore style is ok sometimes people like Foley can entertain and tell a story.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
That AR Fox match was his tyipical bouncing around like a twat shit , the very oppisite of technical wrestling. Not really a fan of high flying style only a few wrestlers who deploy this style I find intresting.

Tecnical style is the one i get the most enjoyment out of, love seeing great counters and submissions and mat based affairs.

Hardcore style is ok sometimes people like Foley can entertain and tell a story.
Shout out to Fox for taking this long to get injured. And just a wrist injury to boot.

I expected him dead by the end of 2013 with his flip-onto-his-neck ishness

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
What is "technical wrestling"?

I like everything, btw, as long as it draws emotion. Wrestling, just like music or movies, doesn't have to be deep or complicated to be considered good, as long as it draws emotion from you.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
What is "technical wrestling"?
Actually a very very good question.

I think most assume it is when a match has a lot of mat work, amateur based and such. But it is most likely an apples and oranges story.

For me it is when matches contain a lot of workover on particular body parts and it becomes a contest of skill, who can outwork the other, not just beat the other to the ground. Where it makes sense for a wrestler to work over that body part due to the story being told. Akiyama was in my mind very surgical and technical in his work on Omori's arm and shoulder in the Triple Crown match. K. Suzuki was also very technical in his work in the match against Sushi from the same show IMO.

Reactions: Bort

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
From my understanding of sports and shit, technique is simply doing whatever you do without botching, executing it in a proper manner, i.e. Juninho Pernambucano's free kick technique was brilliant. Messi is an unbelievable dribbler because of flawless technique, Makelele was an incredible DM because of flawless technique of stealing ball cleanly, etc. etc.

What makes Bret Hart a better technical wrestler than, let's say, Bam Bam Bigelow? Was he a better mat guy? Sure, but there's more to it.

Reactions: Stopspot

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
From my understanding of sports and shit, technique is simply doing whatever you do without botching, executing it in a proper manner, i.e. Juninho Pernambucano's free kick technique was brilliant. Messi is an unbelievable dribbler because of flawless technique, Makelele was an incredible DM because of flawless technique of stealing ball cleanly, etc. etc.

What makes Bret Hart a better technical wrestler than, let's say, Bam Bam Bigelow? Was he a better mat guy? Sure, but there's more to it.
I would refer to 2002-2004 Brock Lesnar as a technical wrestler. With a guy like this, a punch is a punch and a kick is a kick. A belly to belly is exactly that. Technical wrestlers aren't shocking you with their quickness. Moves are crisp and executed perfectly. Guys like Hart perform these simple moves so religiously, that they are technical. Smackdown was full of these guys in 2003: Benoit, Jamie Noble, Angle and Guerrero (to a lesser extent).

Technical wrestling, in itself, has no emotion behind it. It is mechanical and to the point. Candy Colored Clown is right on the money. Technical wrestling cannot have botches in it. It is clean, functional and can tell an excellent story, should the selling be good enough.

Reactions: Bort