Favorite Wrestling Style

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Watching Collision in Korea. 160,000 packed to see this.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Probably gonna hit up Jumbo vs Flair from 82 before bed,it's the perfect clash of Puro vs Showmanship even down to the presentation. Flair is all blonde hair and blue trunks whilst Jumbo is black and black. It's a real fantastic clash even down to the way Flair carries himself and dances around. They're honestly the top 2 of the 80s IMHO.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Why if I may ask? Technical matches can and often do include just as much story telling as any other type of match. Hell, sometimes even more due to the way the match is worked.

Because watching guys laying on the mat with their opponent in a submission hold for the duration of the match gets really boring after awhile. I wanna see action with a minimum of rest holds, not the other way around.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Because watching guys laying on the mat with their opponent in a submission hold for the duration of the match gets really boring after awhile. I wanna see action with a minimum of rest holds, not the other way around.
That's WWE's version of technical.

Also. I love 98 Japanese wrestling, good shit.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score

You've picked the worst examples of technical matches if that's what you think they are IMO. Here are a few examples of great technical matches:

Plus 123 vs Bret, Angle vs Brock (tons of freestyle wrestling in there), Benoit vs Guerro in 03/04,Jericho vs Benoit in the submission match in the early 2000s. There are others I could list too.

That's WWE's version of technical.

Also. I love 98 Japanese wrestling, good shit.

You can't go wrong with Kenta vs Misawa in general, two of the Mount Rushmore of Puro. You seen Misawa vs Joe?

Reactions: Roi

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
You've picked the worst examples of technical matches if that's what you think they are IMO. Here are a few examples of great technical matches:

Plus 123 vs Bret, Angle vs Brock (tons of freestyle wrestling in there), Benoit vs Guerro in 03/04,Jericho vs Benoit in the submission match in the early 2000s. There are others I could list too.

You can't go wrong with Kenta vs Misawa in general, two of the Mount Rushmore of Puro. You seen Misawa vs Joe?

I was just saying I liked the match but yeah Kenta vs Joe was good with those standing, falling chops were vicious. Haven't watched Misawa and Joe though.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score

This match is fucking fantastic. One of my favorite matches this year. Such great storytelling in it and two grizzled vets duking it out. Akiyama taking command was great since he looks like a grumpy giant baby in his old age.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
IMO Vader was the greatest big man in wrestling probably behind Undertaker.

Good brawls.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Tsar should seriously watch the akiyama vs Omori match I linked. It's fresh

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I'm gonna get to that a little later. It seems this just became a match sharing thread, lol.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'm gonna get to that a little later. It seems this just became a match sharing thread, lol.
I kind of like that, it's a good way to show a sample of your favourite styles rather than I like X.

Old fags will remember my flipping fatty fetish match:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Might as well name this Favorite Matches thread, lol.

Stopspot

Reaction score

The match that made Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole ladies and gentlemen. Hybrid fighting rules.

Stopspot

Reaction score

I'm gonna whore this one out until the cows come home.

I had the pleasure of watching this one live earlier today. This was 5 stars when watching it live and I ate this one up like chips on a Saturday. Masterful work from Suzuki and Styles was on fire.

Great story, great technical wrestling, great psychology and just down right great. Insane.

@seabs @POP TATARI @Majour at anyone else.

Reactions: Majour