Favorite finishers/signature moves...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Reaction score
RKO, Walls Of Jericho (when fully executed!), Del Rio's cross arm-breaker, a well delivered choke-slam or powerbomb.....

...And of course, the innovation that is The Faith Breaker!

ahorrig

Reaction score
I like the burning hammer, the f5, del rio's armbreaker, rko are just a few. one of my definite favourites is canadian destroyer.

seX-Power

Reaction score
The Codebreaker, The Chokeslam, Starship Pain..

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
RKO, Walls Of Jericho (when fully executed!), Del Rio's cross arm-breaker, a well delivered choke-slam or powerbomb.....

...And of course, the innovation that is The Faith Breaker!
Fuck the Walls of Jericho, I hope you mean the Lion Tamer, with the knee to the neck.

I like the burning hammer, the f5, del rio's armbreaker, rko are just a few. one of my definite favourites is canadian destroyer.
Canadian Destroyer? Burning Hammer?

*Peeps how he specified of WWE Superstars*

Yeah, okay....

Anyways, RKO, Wasteland (no clue why, it's so simple and hasn't yet been done with HUGE impact, but it's still a nice move), the High Cross, Starship Pain, Skull Crushing Finale, 450, Swagger gutwrench (always liked the move), SOS, Shooting Star, GoToSleep, and the Codebreaker.

Axis

Reaction score
And even then, the Canadian Destroyer is awful.

seX-Power

Reaction score
its more of a guilty pleasure finishing manoeuvre

Ramon

Reaction score
hi
I like many signatures moves like
1.RKO from orton
2.HELL"S gate by Undertaker
3.Attitude adjustment
4.619 by little master.

ahorrig

Reaction score
I only like the canadian destroyer because it looks awesome. (I'm sure a wwe superstar has used it before, Im not sure when though.)

Christian Battlez

Reaction score
I only like the canadian destroyer because it looks awesome. (I'm sure a wwe superstar has used it before, Im not sure when though.)

Trevor Murdoch back when he had a job with them.

Anyway if were doing WWE finishers mine would be Skull Crushing Finale, Codebreaker, GTS, 450 Splash, Air Bourne, RKO, Tombstone, Chokeslam, Spear, Killswitch, Future Shock, Cross-Rhodes, Trouble in Paradise, and the Zig Zag.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Finnisher facts: Noticed from watching Jericho circa-2002 last nite that he was doing a signature move called The Breakdown....

We now know it as The Skull Crushing Finale.

I Love Sheamus's Irish Curse Backbreaker too, but that's not strictly a finisher.

Axis

Reaction score
Finnisher facts: Noticed from watching Jericho circa-2002 last nite that he was doing a signature move called The Breakdown....

We now know it as The Skull Crushing Finale.

I Love Sheamus's Irish Curse Backbreaker too, but that's not strictly a finisher.

Yeah the Breakdown vs Skull Crushing Finale debate between Jericho and Miz on twitter is what started their epic twitter war.

And on the Irish Curse, I like it too. But one of the "lol"est moments last year was Sheamus doing it to Orton over the steel steps and commentary being like HOLY SHIT. But, um. Doing a backbreaker over the steel steps doesn't do anything when you still hit the guy's back on your knee. Like he just put his foot on the steps, and then did the move regularly, as if it somehow added to it.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Yeah the Breakdown vs Skull Crushing Finale debate between Jericho and Miz on twitter is what started their epic twitter war.

I missed all that... I don't do twitter and all that crap.

Just thought it was notable as I'd seen loads of peeps shit all over it as a move, whilst I doubt Y2J got the same kind of slating over it when he was using it.

Now I know that went down, I'm shocked WWE never fueded them over it... Would like to read how this went down? You seen it posted/archived anywhere?

And on the Irish Curse, I like it too. But one of the "lol"est moments last year was Sheamus doing it to Orton over the steel steps and commentary being like HOLY SHIT. But, um. Doing a backbreaker over the steel steps doesn't do anything when you still hit the guy's back on your knee. Like he just put his foot on the steps, and then did the move regularly, as if it somehow added to it.

LOL... Yeah, I remember that. There were a few spots like that during their fued that didn't make much sense. Shame, cos they were otherwise Orton's best matches of the year IMO (Not that that's saying a massive amount, however I think it does reflect well on Sheamus).

1chiban

Reaction score

That reminded me of when Stone Cold used to do the Stunner and sat on a folded chair as he did it. That would do more damage to him than the guy he was delivering the Stunner to. I guess the implication of both of these examples is that it's planting the move on a firmer foundation than the ring canvas, which is negligible to say the least!!!

I like the moves which are quick/can come out of nowhere like the RKO, ADR's armbreaker, Zig Zag etc. as opposed to the likes of the Playmaker (Not a current WWE move I know!) which took ages to put on. The Skull Crushing Finale is okay and is kind of somewhere inbetween a quick move an a laboured one but noone seems to be able to take it very realistically, which lessens it as a finisher for me.

In addition, Starship Pain is a rubbish finisher as Morrison never hits it right. The knee makes more sense as that could actually knock you out. I like the GTS as well when people take it well (although I guess it's hard to take it properly without getting a broken nose lol!)

I like the classic ones as well - Pedigree, Tombstone etc.

I hate the 619 now as he's done it too much and the set-up is so predictable and improbable - only people facing Rey land across the ropes neck first when taking a headscissors!!!