Favorite brand

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What is your favorite WWE Show?

• Monday Night Raw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ECW

• Friday Night Smakdown!

• Total voters

Viva!

Reaction score
WWE is going to have a problem when all these wrestlers your saying your fed up with eventually retire. Can you imagine a WWE without The Undertaker, Triple H, Kane, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Edge, William Regal, Big Show. Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, JBL and Batista?

The wrestlers who are going to carry the show into the future are few and far between. John Cena, Randy Orton and Mr. Kennedy are the future of the company. Where are they from? Raw. The juries still out on MVP and CM Punk in my opinion but I can't see anyone else who will reach the top.

I haven't got a good word to say about Cryme Tyme and I don't want want to start a rant. They look bad in the poorest tag team division of the past decade.

Viva!

Reaction score
I like Shelton Benjamin don't get me wrong but he's not main event material. I thought The Greatest Tag team in the world was a strong tag team and he could still do well in that division.

One thing I like about him is he takes a good bump and hes very athletic. I think he actually looked the best in the MITB match at Wrestlemania. That backflip onto the ladder took some guts. If he didn't get that right he could of been paralysed. He went up considerably in my opinion after that.

edgehead09

Reaction score
This is nothing against you man, just me stating my opinion.
But facts are this IMO:
Shelton is already 33, which is too old to become a top guy, unless your extremely pushed right to the ME.
He just isnt over with the fans.. Yes he has some fans but really, as a face he cant get a good enough crowd reaction and as a heel, nobody can give a shit enough to even boo him...
And also, yes, he may be near the ME in ECW, but that is nowhere near (except for Punk) nowhere near a Main eventer on one of the other brands. So really, even the ME'ers of ECW cant be conmsidered Main eventers of the wrestling business...

Basically, in the case of Shelton Benjamin, hes good in the ring, average on the mic but I can see why you like him. Hes just entertaining to watch, and thats good. But he wont ever be a legend like HHH, HBK, bret Hart, Hogan, Rock, or anyone huge... And he wont be a ME'er either, but hes good in ECW, and he adds some good matches to the show...

And in the case of you liking ECW in general, thats fine because thats your opionion. But IMO and most others ECW is clearly the C brand, and something to watch for wrestling, just nowhere near the top brand.
But if you like it, hey, thats fine with me.

didnt kno the bolded part...

your last paragraph is basically the reason i love ECW....I enjoy wrestling over everything else. I love watching old wrestling tapes for the fact of wrestling. But i understand the entertainment part becuase it is WWE... World WRESTLING ENTERTAINMENT....Wrestling and Entertainment so i watch ECW for the wrestling and Raw/SD! for the E in WWE...just my opinion

Also, to Viva!..Cryme Tyme owns all...they are on Raw for Entertainment...

Viva!

Reaction score
They're not entertaining though. Do we really need a black stereotype tag team in 2008? Do people find that entertaining? We live in a multicultural society, we get it.

edgehead09

Reaction score
^^^^^Hell yea that is entertaining...damn i wish i knew how to embed Youtube videos....Cryme Tyme is the funniest thing going in WWE right now...Why do you think they were brought back after WM

Viva!

Reaction score
Morons were switching over to, 'The Simple Life'?

edgehead09

Reaction score
lol...but what im sayin is that WWE is all about ratings....Cryme Tyme=Ratings in a demographic that they are prolly lacking

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I like raw the best it has the most of my favorite wrestlers. I also like smack down to see guys like edge and batista.

MikeRaw

WWE is going to have a problem when all these wrestlers your saying your fed up with eventually retire. Can you imagine a WWE without The Undertaker, Triple H, Kane, Shawn Michaels, Chris Jericho, Edge, William Regal, Big Show. Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, JBL and Batista?

The wrestlers who are going to carry the show into the future are few and far between. John Cena, Randy Orton and Mr. Kennedy are the future of the company. Where are they from? Raw. The juries still out on MVP and CM Punk in my opinion but I can't see anyone else who will reach the top.

I haven't got a good word to say about Cryme Tyme and I don't want want to start a rant. They look bad in the poorest tag team division of the past decade.

Well I must say, thats not to be worried abou tnow. Yes, Taker, HHH and HBK and Jericho should be gone withing the next 3-5 years. But cena, Kennedy, Orton, Jeff Hardy, Matt Hardy and Punk are still young.
And people would have said the same thing back in the late mid 90s about when Bret hart, Mick Foley and other oldies retired, but along came Austin, rock, HHH, HBK and many others... So basically, its the WWEs jjob to create new stars, but its a process that takes time... In the past 4 years we are seeing the progression of Orton and Cena along with Edge and Kennedy, and now they are the top guys. And right now in front of our eyes, new future ME'ers are being groomed. We dont know who, but they start out as yong and gimmickless, but then we will see them go to mid card, then upper card and eventually to be stars when its time for new ones...
So that part is all a cycle...

Now I know that wasnt really on the topic of the better brand, but just wanted to reply...

Reaction score
Undertaker, Batista, Edge, Big Show & Matt Hardy keep Smackdown tolerable. Besides that it's clearly the second show.

Raw has the majority of the best wrestlers.
Most of the former talent comes back to Raw.
They have the best commentators.
They have the best ring announcer.
They have the whole womens division.
They have a better general manager.
They have better storylines overall.
They hold the main title.

Though Smackdown does have the best storyline of recent years in Undertaker v Batista. I've never watched TNA or ECW to hold an opinion on either but judging by their rosters I'm pretty sure Raw doesn't have a lot to worry about.
I agree with this guy completely. Raw has the best anouncers, every like 2months ECW and Smack!Down get new anouncers, hopefully Folley stays. I watch ECW because i love hearing Mike Adamle!

Viva!

Reaction score
Nate, I'm going to agree with you, Cryme Tyme does equal ratings but so does Britney Spears.

MikeRaw, you mixed up what wrestlers I said were going to retire and who I suggested was the future but I understand your point. Edge & Matt and Jeff Hardy are both in their mid thirties so they've only got a few years left, especially with their high risk matches they're associated with.

I still stand by my opinion that theres 3 wrestlers carrying the WWEs future (Orton, Mr. Kennedy and John Cena). Theres not anywhere near the influx of young talent there was in the late nineties, early 2000s. You just need to look at OVW that produced Batista, Cena & Orton at the same time. Whose the talent in there now that you see rising to the top? Paul Burchill? Rob Conway?

WWE is paying the big name wrestlers a lot of money to stay on at the moment because theres not big enough names to take their place. Shawn Michaels, Undertaker and Kane rarely work house shows for example, but the WWE can't afford to let them go.

Evil Austin

I have been a SMackdown fan through and through I mean Raw had always had the advantage with better rosters but Smackdown still somehow finds a way to make a good storyline with three main eventers. I mean Batista was in the main event of every Smack ppv in o7. And well Smackdown was always my Fav.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
It's hard. I watch RAW more than ECW & SD! but as far as favorite wrestlers, I think I might have more faves on ECW & SD!

'Taker
Edge
Elijah Burke
Shelton Benjamin
Mark Henry
The Big Show
Finlay
The Miz
John Morrison

RAW, I only like some

William Regal
Mr. Kennedy (sorta)
Hardcore Holly
Cody Rhodes
JBL
Chris Jericho

So I guess I say RAW because I watch it more.....but I prefer TNA over all three brands!

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score
RAW all day- Talent is stacked and they have the best announcers in WWE.
I hate SD with a passion but the only reason I'm watching it because of MVP, nobody wants to see recycled and stale feuds.
ECW I can watch it because I love Kofi Kingston, Shelton Benjamin, Elijah Burke (no homo). I'm everybody loves seeing fresh and young talent in the ring.