Favorite brand

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

What is your favorite WWE Show?

• Monday Night Raw

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ECW

• Friday Night Smakdown!

• Total voters

CT Styles

Kinda like TDK, RAW>iMPACT!>ECW>SmackDown! Imo, SD is pathetic and I don't ever watch it because it is just recycled feuds all the time.

the dark knight

lol @ even including SD as a choice. SD has been the worst wrestling show on TV for a while now. Endless repeats of matches, Blue segments, and just poor quality all around. I'm hoping Foley can take SOME of the stink out of SD tho.

Allow me to take a MSN quote from TDK:

You could alternate ECW and iMPACT on various nights in that order, but other than that, that pretty much sums it up.

for the record, impact's better than ecw at times.

Viva!

Reaction score
Undertaker, Batista, Edge, Big Show & Matt Hardy keep Smackdown tolerable. Besides that it's clearly the second show.

Raw has the majority of the best wrestlers.
Most of the former talent comes back to Raw.
They have the best commentators.
They have the best ring announcer.
They have the whole womens division.
They have a better general manager.
They have better storylines overall.
They hold the main title.

Though Smackdown does have the best storyline of recent years in Undertaker v Batista. I've never watched TNA or ECW to hold an opinion on either but judging by their rosters I'm pretty sure Raw doesn't have a lot to worry about.

noumenon

It's not to say that RAW holds the "main" title, I think it's simply that whatever belt is on RAW simply looks more important. When RAW was the home of the WHC and Smackdown had the WWE Title the WHC definately seemed worlds more important than the WWE title. I'de say right now the only title that Smackdown has with greater value than RAW would be the US Title since the IC title seems to be nothing more than something shiny to throw over your shoulder.

Hometown Kid

I would agree with that...really the only man that's made smackdown close to good over the past few months is MVP...Foley should at least add some cred to the team and Impact>ECW by a mile...Chavo was champ...nuff said!

Viva!

Reaction score
IC title is way more prestigious then the US championship. Its just being awfully treated at the moment.

Some of my favourite matches ever have been IC title matches, I can't think of any classic US championship matches however. Benoit/Booker T was the most interesting but those matches will never be seen again.

Your probably right about the main title jibe however. I was wrong to say one belt is better then the other. I think the WWE title has a stronger legacy then the World Heavyweight Championship. Thats probably because I have a negative opinion of WCW though.

Viva!

Reaction score
I would agree with that...really the only man that's made smackdown close to good over the past few months is MVP...Foley should at least add some cred to the team and Impact>ECW by a mile...Chavo was champ...nuff said!

Surely Impact>Smackdown with that logic. The Great Khali won the belt remember?

C4

Monday Night RAW, obviously!

And by the way, the Intercontinental championship has a lot of history in fact it has more history than the US Championship and legends like Bret Hart, Rowdy Piper and Shawn Michaels have been former champions. As Viva said, it's not being treated in a good way.

edgehead09

Reaction score
personally i would have to say that my fav. brand is ECW. Yes, i said it, ECW. I know that they basically suck ass and nobody is interested in it but you still have my fav. wrestler, Shelton Benjamin. Kofi, Elijah, Punk, and hopefully Colt will all be up there soon. You get to see the future of the business. If or when they send Carlito over there then that will really top it off. But if Chavo is the champ ever again then all I can say is.......................................DAMN

Viva!

Reaction score
personally i would have to say that my fav. brand is ECW. Yes, i said it, ECW. I know that they basically suck ass and nobody is interested in it but you still have my fav. wrestler, Shelton Benjamin. Kofi, Elijah, Punk, and hopefully Colt will all be up there soon. You get to see the future of the business. If or when they send Carlito over there then that will really top it off. But if Chavo is the champ ever again then all I can say is.......................................DAMN

Your on your own. I can't relate to anything you said.

Do you seriously think any of those wrestlers compare to Triple H, Randy Orton or John Cena? They're all mid card at best. CM Punk is probably the best of the bunch and I'm pretty sure because of that hes about to jump to a better brand.

Shelton Benjamin is good but hes never gona be a main event. I don't see it happening anyway.

You've also got the worst/most embaressing tag team I have ever seen as your sig. Why Cryme Tyme? Why?

edgehead09

Reaction score
yea, i understand where you are comin from about HHH, Cena, and Orton but i truly enjoy watching the new guys that i know are going to bust their asses and try to earn their spot. You cannot say that it was not exciting watching say a HBK or Bret Hart come up in the ranks and get where they are now. I personally just like watching the younger talent make a name for themselves. I have had enough of HHH and Cena. Can't really say Orton because he is fuckin cool as hell as well as Edge but other than those two i think the Main Event scene in the WWE sucks. But that is just my personal opinion

MikeRaw

Your on your own. I can't relate to anything you said.

Do you seriously think any of those wrestlers compare to Triple H, Randy Orton or John Cena? They're all mid card at best. CM Punk is probably the best of the bunch and I'm pretty sure because of that hes about to jump to a better brand.

Shelton Benjamin is good but hes never gona be a main event. I don't see it happening anyway.

You've also got the worst/most embaressing tag team I have ever seen as your sig. Why Cryme Tyme? Why?

Lol I agree with everything you said except Cryme Tyme.
In a time when a tag team division is in the dumps a charismatic team can do no harm.
I actually like them.

MikeRaw

yea, i understand where you are comin from about HHH, Cena, and Orton but i truly enjoy watching the new guys that i know are going to bust their asses and try to earn their spot. You cannot say that it was not exciting watching say a HBK or Bret Hart come up in the ranks and get where they are now. I personally just like watching the younger talent make a name for themselves. I have had enough of HHH and Cena. Can't really say Orton because he is fuckin cool as hell as well as Edge but other than those two i think the Main Event scene in the WWE sucks. But that is just my personal opinion

I understand what your saying but come on... I agree its exciting watching some hard workers who put on good matches. But HBK and Bret Hart and everyone else were meant to be top guys, and were put on the fast track to success. Besides, these guys are nowhere near being legends and never will (other than Punk possibly)... But they are entertaining, just nowhere near legends or top guys.

edgehead09

Reaction score
see, i knew this was going to happen. So in an effort to defend my ass here i go. In My Opinion, ECW is MY fav. brand because of the young stars. I like character development. Let's take Shelton Benjamin for example. Ok so he started off on Samckdown as a part of Team Angle with Charlie Haas. He was drafted to Raw and fueded with HHH. Then he went to the IC division and won the title a couple of times. He went on a losing streak and his Momma came into the picture. He turned heel and then Mamma left and he was just kinda out there. When Charlie came back he had a small fued with him and then he tagged with him. Elijah Burke then brought him into ECW and now he is the Gold Standard. Now since i just typed all that let me explain how it is relevant. Many people have said that Benjamin will never have any charisma or will be in the Main Event but for a while in ECW. He was close to the Main Event. So one of the reason that i like ECW so much is because it lets you see the ppl that you never suspect be in the Main Event picture ala Chavo Guerrero and hopefully Benjamin. Hell, look at their Champion, Kane and he had it for more than 24 hours

MikeRaw

see, i knew this was going to happen. So in an effort to defend my ass here i go. In My Opinion, ECW is MY fav. brand because of the young stars. I like character development. Let's take Shelton Benjamin for example. Ok so he started off on Samckdown as a part of Team Angle with Charlie Haas. He was drafted to Raw and fueded with HHH. Then he went to the IC division and won the title a couple of times. He went on a losing streak and his Momma came into the picture. He turned heel and then Mamma left and he was just kinda out there. When Charlie came back he had a small fued with him and then he tagged with him. Elijah Burke then brought him into ECW and now he is the Gold Standard. Now since i just typed all that let me explain how it is relevant. Many people have said that Benjamin will never have any charisma or will be in the Main Event but for a while in ECW. He was close to the Main Event. So one of the reason that i like ECW so much is because it lets you see the ppl that you never suspect be in the Main Event picture ala Chavo Guerrero and hopefully Benjamin. Hell, look at their Champion, Kane and he had it for more than 24 hours

This is nothing against you man, just me stating my opinion.
But facts are this IMO:
Shelton is already 33, which is too old to become a top guy, unless your extremely pushed right to the ME.
He just isnt over with the fans.. Yes he has some fans but really, as a face he cant get a good enough crowd reaction and as a heel, nobody can give a shit enough to even boo him...
And also, yes, he may be near the ME in ECW, but that is nowhere near (except for Punk) nowhere near a Main eventer on one of the other brands. So really, even the ME'ers of ECW cant be conmsidered Main eventers of the wrestling business...

Basically, in the case of Shelton Benjamin, hes good in the ring, average on the mic but I can see why you like him. Hes just entertaining to watch, and thats good. But he wont ever be a legend like HHH, HBK, bret Hart, Hogan, Rock, or anyone huge... And he wont be a ME'er either, but hes good in ECW, and he adds some good matches to the show...

And in the case of you liking ECW in general, thats fine because thats your opionion. But IMO and most others ECW is clearly the C brand, and something to watch for wrestling, just nowhere near the top brand.
But if you like it, hey, thats fine with me.