Fantasy Basketball 2011

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Showtime

Reaction score
^^^Murphy, Kapono, and McRoberts have all been missing games. Our bench isn't all that bad tbh if they could stay healthy and be on the court. Guard help would be nice, but his shot selection is as bad as Kobe's without nearly as much talent. Once again, him over MWP since MWP has literally no skills left on offense.

Actually I'll take Smith over MWP any day of the week. Dude is useless out there. He could provide some good scoring off the bench, can't really be any worse since we already have inconsistent shooters out there, but he should not start since he would take away shots from our already shot deprived bigs.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
JR on the Lakers is gonna be exactly what you just said. Worst nightmare for shooting % or blow you out. I just wonder if they'll play him off the bench or find a way to play both him and Kobe as starters.

I know was hoping everyone was still on their lol Morris stuff so I could just easily pick him back up but then you did it last minute.

Reality is that it shouldn't be ahr do beat out Fisher but it is. Mike Brown said he sees nothing wrong and hasn't even thought about taking him out the staring lineup. Derek passes that koolaid around frequently I guess.

I'd start him personally and bring Fish off the bench behind Kobe at SG which is the position he played and started at in Utah. That said having offense off the bench isn't bad, and i rather see him chuck up 3s than see Metta World Shit chuck them up while making 8 percent. I still don't get how a fucking nba player shoots 8% from there and keeps chucking and getting worse game by game

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
I'll be back in 20 minutes. I'm expecting at least two more pages of PSYCH discussing the Lakers with himself when I get back.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
^^^Murphy, Kapono, and McRoberts have all been missing games. Our bench isn't all that bad tbh if they could stay healthy and be on the court. Guard help would be nice, but his shot selection is as bad as Kobe's without nearly as much talent. Once again, him over MWP since MWP has literally no skills left on offense.

Actually I'll take Smith over MWP any day of the week. Dude is useless out there. He could provide some good scoring off the bench, can't really be any worse since we already have inconsistent shooters out there, but he should not start since he would take away shots from our already shot deprived bigs.

Shot deprived bigs?

Pau as a franchise player in Memphis attempted 13 shots per game. He averages that now and has in LA for his career there. Bynum also shoots more per game than Dwight.

I get what you are saying and the worry, but the way I see it he is a threat as a starter or 6th man and the team needs an outside threat unless if Fish finds his 3 ball

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Reality is that it shouldn't be ahr do beat out Fisher but it is. Mike Brown said he sees nothing wrong and hasn't even thought about taking him out the staring lineup. Derek passes that koolaid around frequently I guess.

I'd start him personally and bring Fish off the bench behind Kobe at SG which is the position he played and started at in Utah. That said having offense off the bench isn't bad, and i rather see him chuck up 3s than see Metta World Shit chuck them up while making 8 percent. I still don't get how a fucking nba player shoots 8% from there and keeps chucking and getting worse game by game
So I'm guessing you're saying start Kobe at PG? I mean he kind of pretty much is anyways since he always has the ball but still would be weird. Fisher is lucky that the Lakers have this loyalty to him cause he is lucky to have a job in the NBA at this stage of his career let alone a starting job. If anything they should be the ones trying to get Aaron Brooks and Phoenix should be the team trying to get JR since he could seriously be a number 1 scoring option for Phoenix.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You want Derek Fisher as your spark off of the bench? lolyou

I want Kobe to have a full time back up. They have been taking turns with Goudleock and Kapono in and out the rotation because neither has given Brown what he wants behind Kobe. Fisher can be a 10-15 minute back up and play alongside Blake. Even if JR started he would likely eat Fish and Ron's minutes anyhow.

Showtime

Reaction score
Pau should have more shot attempts than 13. Kobe is shooting far too much as it, right now he is scoring and making them, so its fine, but that will only last so long and he needs to get the bigs more involved. If Bynum, Pau, and Kobe all getting their shots and scoring in a game then we have a far better chance to win than if it's just Kobe carrying us as if its 2006.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
So I'm guessing you're saying start Kobe at PG? I mean he kind of pretty much is anyways since he always has the ball but still would be weird. Fisher is lucky that the Lakers have this loyalty to him cause he is lucky to have a job in the NBA at this stage of his career let alone a starting job. If anything they should be the ones trying to get Aaron Brooks and Phoenix should be the team trying to get JR since he could seriously be a number 1 scoring option for Phoenix.

Isn't Brooks restricted? He also is petty much guaranteed the role with Nash a free agent this summer and possibly looking to ring chase.

I'd start JR at PG as he is young, fast, quick, athletic, and big enough to do it. Not like Fish or Blake are guys with killer handles or speed

Kobe hasn't been the guy handling the ball anyhow since the Denver game. Fish and Blake have been feeding it to him in the triple threat area where he scores or draws the doubles and ripples to kick it to them. Brown adjusted the approach which is why Kobe has averaged like 37 a game since then on over 50%. He doesn't have to dribble it and get hit on the wrist bringing it up every trip down.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Isn't Brooks restricted? He also is petty much guaranteed the role with Nash a free agent this summer and possibly looking to ring chase.

I'd start JR at PG as he is young, fast, quick, athletic, and big enough to do it. Not like Fish or Blake are guys with killer handles or speed

Kobe hasn't been the guy handling the ball anyhow since the Denver game. Fish and Blake have been feeding it to him in the triple threat area where he scores or draws the doubles and ripples to kick it to them. Brown adjusted the approach which is why Kobe has averaged like 37 a game since then on over 50%. He doesn't have to dribble it and get hit on the wrist bringing it up every trip down.
Wasn't totally sure on if Brooks is or isn't. And as for Steve he'll only go to another team if Phoenix doesn't want him anymore. Thankfully whether it be good or bad has the loyal mindset and keeps stating he wants to retire here. However whether it stays or goes Brooks will have a good role in Phoenix so wouldn't mind having him back.

JR at PG would not work, lol. That boy has no intent on giving up that ball unless it's going in the basket.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Pau shot have more shot attempts than 13. Kobe is shooting far too much as it, right now he is scoring and making them, so its fine, but that will only last so long and he needs to get the bigs more involved. If Bynum, Pau, and Kobe all getting their shots and scoring in a game then we have a far better chance to win than if it's just Kobe carrying us as if its 2006.

Do you watch Pau and did you follow him in Memphis? That has been said about him since day 1 in the league. He should shoot more, he chooses not to. He has been a guy who shoots the same amount of shots every year of his career be he option 1, 2, or 3 as he could take 15-20 any given night if he felt like it. Heck he shoots 14 per on team Spain and in his Barcelona career. I also don't get the logic in Bynum should take more shots that Dwight. He has a horrid assist rate and can't figure out doubles as Mike Brown keeps talking about they need to address it in practice. Kobe is basically right at his career high for assists and Mike has said it isn't his job to be the point guard anymore, he is to attack and the guards are to be responsible for their jobs, in fact this whole year he is shooting well over 50% inside the three point line.

LA just needs reliable 3 point shooting badly. They are near the bottom of the league and guys are wide open when they are missing outside Blake and Barnes

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Wasn't totally sure on if Brooks is or isn't. And as for Steve he'll only go to another team if Phoenix doesn't want him anymore. Thankfully whether it be good or bad has the loyal mindset and keeps stating he wants to retire here. However whether it stays or goes Brooks will have a good role in Phoenix so wouldn't mind having him back.

JR at PG would not work, lol. That boy has no intent on giving up that ball unless it's going in the basket.

If I was Brooks I'd probably stay if I was restricted. They have his bird rights so they can pay him the most and give him the most raises. plus he really doesn't have to split time with anyone. JR would be competing with Wilson, Gallo, Afflalo, Andre, and Lawson for minutes and touches. Kenyon would be stuck with Nene, Bird, Moz, and Al. Brooks would be competing with Price, Shannon, and Telfair lol. That guy can get paid, get minutes, get shots, and likely the starting job if Nash leaves.

Also, Mak when did Phoenix sign Michael Redd? I did a double take watching this game. I thought he was out the league

Ghetto Anthony

Reaction score
How can one David Lee be so David Lee?

flwZS.jpg

Let him drop to me next year too, please.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Sideshow Bob is making me want to trade for him. He is getting so many rebounds right now

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If I was Brooks I'd probably stay if I was restricted. They have his bird rights so they can pay him the most and give him the most raises. plus he really doesn't have to split time with anyone. JR would be competing with Wilson, Gallo, Afflalo, Andre, and Lawson for minutes and touches. Kenyon would be stuck with Nene, Bird, Moz, and Al. Brooks would be competing with Price, Shannon, and Telfair lol. That guy can get paid, get minutes, get shots, and likely the starting job if Nash leaves.

Also, Mak when did Phoenix sign Michael Redd? I did a double take watching this game. I thought he was out the league
They worked him out and signed him at the end of last year. That Phoenix training staff trying to work their touch again and he hasn't looked bad as he can still shoot. Just obviously doesn't have those legs under him. And yeah for sure if I was Brooks you stay in Phoenix. Great system for point guards and no one to compete with you. Price looks good in flashes but he's nothing and Telfair will probably be waived in a month or two.