Ezekiel Jackson leaves WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I doubt even TFA is interested in this WWE castoff

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
I didn't even know he was still employed. (I get the feeling I'll be posting the exact same thing when Alex Riley eventually gets his pink slip.)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Riley is definitely going to be a commentator long term for WWE. He is good in that role. His dad was a sports commentator and Riley was a Communications major, so it makes sense.

speaking of commentators though, wtf was up with Shawn Merriman randomly showing up lmao

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Riley is definitely going to be a commentator long term for WWE. He is good in that role. His dad was a sports commentator and Riley was a Communications major, so it makes sense.

speaking of commentators though, wtf was up with Shawn Merriman randomly showing up lmao
He worked a WWE tryout last year, didn't make it in, but it seems as if they have another role for him either backstage, on commentary, or in the ring. Rey Mysterio also added more speculation due to a tweet he sent out about Merriman being a future WWE star, but that's all just speculation.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He worked a WWE tryout last year, didn't make it in, but it seems as if they have another role for him either backstage, on commentary, or in the ring. Rey Mysterio also added more speculation due to a tweet he sent out about Merriman being a future WWE star, but that's all just speculation.
Don't see why they are interested. He was only a big star in the NFL his first couple of seasons. Once he got popped for roids he couldn't stay healthy, got fat and is a bum now. Judging by what I saw on the pre show he seems to follow WWE some, but wasn't really the best speaker. I don't see him ever being a wrestler either.

Really just don't see a role for him in wrestling.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Don't see why they are interested. He was only a big star in the NFL his first couple of seasons. Once he got popped for roids he couldn't stay healthy, got fat and is a bum now. Judging by what I saw on the pre show he seems to follow WWE some, but wasn't really the best speaker. I don't see him ever being a wrestler either.

Really just don't see a role for him in wrestling.
Probably why WWE didn't sign him as a wrestler after his tryout. I think he'll probably just be a spokesperson/backstage person for the time being, hopefully a spokesperson just so they can use whatever "star power" he has left to promote WWE.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Could have been the new Ahmed Johnson

Ezekiel Jackson always seemed like a cross between both Ahmed Johnson and Bad News Brown to me. And to be fair, his career was really no less illustrious than Ahmed's was. Both had short-lived Intercontinental Title reigns and both did very little in the time they were in WWE. However, Ezekiel was actually with the company longer than Ahmed was, plus he at least has the accolade of being the last ECW Champion ever (for as much as that's worth.)