Exclusive: Another MMA Fighter Wants to Follow Lesnar to WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
He's one of MMA's biggest pro wrestling fans, but "King Mo" Lawal was under Strikeforce and could only dream of the day he ventured into the world of professional wrestling. But now WrestleZone can confirm that King Mo has definitely made overtures to break into WWE.

King Mo was given a 9 month suspension for failing a drug test after his fight on the Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Jardine card. Lawal won via a 2nd round TKO, beating Lorenz Larkin and pushing his record to 9-1; that is until the Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) ruled the bout a no contest because of the failed drug test.

Along with the suspension, Lawal was fined 30% of his show money and was forced to give up his $15,000 win bonus.

During the hearing, Lawal was asked by NSAC commissioner Pat Lundvall if he could read and understand English. Lundvall was referring to a questionnaire that Lawal had to fill out that required King Mo and all fighters to note any medication that was taken 2 weeks leading up to the fight.

King Mo took the question in the worst way possible.

“I honestly feel like Lundvall was a racist bitch asking me if I can read or speak english.â€￾ King Mo Tweeted.

A little later on, Lawal would defend himself against accusations of playing the race card by saying that he felt the questions being asked were racist, given that he graduated from college.

“Its funny how people are tryna say that I’m callin the commission racist. No!! They aren’t. But there was one person on the panel that was out of line with the question she asked me. I found it insulting, prejudice, and a lil racist. I say racist from my past experiences, I have...

What say you? Should King Mo have been cut? Should Jackson have been cut? Leave a comment below and let me know. I have been asked that in the past as an insult.â€￾ He tweeted.

We don't know if King Mo would come in as an MMA fighter or start from scratch. No word on WWE's interest in the popular fighter.

When I seen the headline I was expecting a bigger star like someone such as Rampage Jackson (who would work well in the WWE, I'm a fan of him. He has a great look, good athletic ability and has a lot of charisma). I haven't heard much of King Mo as he isn't that big of a name but he is still talented and has a good look. But if he failed a drug test with Strikeforce, what about the wellness policy with WWE? Anyway what are your thoughts? Would you like to see him in the WWE?

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Hes a huge wrestling fan, and is still young and charismatic, I'd be all for it.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
I don't like this idea at all. Have him get in line like the rest of the talents are doing right now.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Wouldn't mind it, as long as he did work his way up, didn't become featured until he was ready.

I wish it was Rampage also, that guy has everything, and I think he would make wrestling really entertaining if he came to WWE, even if it was just for a little bit.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Don't know anything about this guy at all but it sounds like a whole heap of drama / controversy surrounding him that the WWE doesn't need.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
When I read the headline I assumed that it was Rampage Jackson that wanted to head to WWE. He is on his way out of UFC and is a diehard wrestling fan so it would have made sense if it was him.

King Mo's biggest issue would be if he could pass the Wellness Policy tests. He has to remain clean for WWE and if he was busted in MMA there is a good chance that he would be busted by WWE. He is a talented amatuer wrestler so he would have the basics and should be able to transition to pro wrestling with the right training if he is dedicated enough.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Maybe we will see Rampage eventually, this was an interview back in November of 2010 I believe:

- In an interview with Ariel Helwani of Fanhouse.com, UFC fighter Quinton "Rampage" Jackson said that he would absolutely wrestle for WWE after his MMA fight career is over. Rampage, who is main eventing Saturday night's UFC 123 PPV against fellow former Light Heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida, is a lifelong wrestling fan.
Rampage guest hosted RAW on June 7th with his A-Team movie co-stars and said it was a dream come true. He told Helwani that Big Show taught him the chokeslam and Ted DiBiase was really cool. Everybody he met while hosting RAW was down to earth and the WWE superstars are "really cool people."

Rampage said he's a huge WWE fan and if he never became an MMA fighter, he would have been a pro wrestler. When asked if he'll ever do it, he said "Yeah, if they'll have me."

He added that he would not want to undergo WWE's hectic travel schedule due to his family at home, but would love to get involved and would work occasional angles.

I'm sure WWE would be MORE than interested to have a big name like him. They'd enjoy getting UFC stars.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Yeah thought it was Rampage too who would be a perfect fit in WWE guy is just an awesome personality that would work. King Mo has charisma though as well so could be interesting to see. As pointed out he's already said numerous times how he wants to wrestle once his MMA career was done. At this rate could be sooner rather than later.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone that's got the goods should be given a shot in the WWE, but I'd want them to work their way up just like anyone else and not use their name alone to get into WWE.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Anyone that's got the goods should be given a shot in the WWE, but I'd want them to work their way up just like anyone else and not use their name alone to get into WWE.

If they are big enough names I don't mind them skipping some steps along the way. If Shaq decided tomorrow that he wanted to join WWE surely you don't expect him to go to FCW for six months to train. He would go on the main roster right away and would be trained at the same time.