Evolve effectively rebooted

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
There's a lot going on in the WWNLive Family. This is going to be a long release to get you up to speed with everything including a Matt Sydal live iPPV shoot interview, FIP this weekend with an awesome main event, EVOLVE's return to Florida and a new promotion to iPPV. Let's get to it....

July 9th: It's been a few months since we've seen anything from EVOLVE/DGUSA. EVOLVE will return to action in Florida on August 8th in Ybor City, August 9th in Orlando and August 10th in Jacksonville. Go to www.DGUSA.tv for tickets, card and building info for all three events. Right now, we are waiting on an injury report from AR Fox to finalize the cards. When we receive word from him, we will announce the complete lineups for all three events. However, we do have some news for you....

July 9th: We are going to use the break to start a new chapter for EVOLVE in Florida. Chapter 2 will see a reboot of the DVD series. We are going to put EVOLVE 31, EVOLVE 32 and EVOLVE 33 into immediate DVD production. These events will be designed to be a great point to jump in and follow the EVOLVE/DGUSA series on DVD. We will then work backwards and get the older DGUSA/EVOLVE shows out on DVD. We want to remind you that every DGUSA/EVOLVE event in history is available atwww.WWNLive.com to watch anytime. When you buy one of these iPPVs, you own it for unlimited access.

July 9th: EVOLVE: Chapter 2 will see the return of Records, but with a new, simpler twist. Records will be tracked on each weekend. At the end of the weekend, the Records will be used to determine a top ten rankings. At this point, all Records will reset to zero and everything is about the rankings. These rankings will determine the matches on the following EVOLVE weekend. We realize with double and tripleshots that we will have multiple wrestlers with the same Record after the weekend. In this case, we will use tie breakers including fan response, past results, quality of opposition and who had the most dominant victories. Much more on this will become clear during EVOLVE 31, EVOLVE 32 and EVOLVE 33 in Florida.

TLDR:

1. The next Evolve shots will be a reboot and relaunch point for Evolve.

2. From now on every Evolve show forward will be put on immediate DVD distribution. Classics will follow.

3. The point and ranking system will be reworked and re-instated.

WWNlive is the source

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Sounds good, considering you just had that thread about rebooting Evolve/DGUSA. Perhaps Gabe lurks here? Possible. Idk Stop, I feel like I have nothing to do most of the time. Would you recommend I jump into Evolve in these new shows?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Sounds good, considering you just had that thread about rebooting Evolve/DGUSA. Perhaps Gabe lurks here? Possible. Idk Stop, I feel like I have nothing to do most of the time. Would you recommend I jump into Evolve in these new shows?
Tbf to Gabe he has been asking fans for what they want to see with the reboot on his facebook (and boy have I pestered him there) :eek:tunga:

Stopspot

Reaction score
And yes Leo. I say jump in on Evolve with these shows. Depending on the cards i'll order one, maybe all three shows just to support Gabe actually doing DVDs.

I like the idea of bringing back the ranking system.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Interested to see the cards tbh and if there will be any new talent in on it.

On the topic of DGUSA: Gabe said "We really don't know right now so we'll rather say nothing until we know. Focus is on Evolve right now". Paraphrased but yeah.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Well it is encouraging they are sorting out the DVDs, ranking system return should be good. Makes matches more important. Depends if they give some new talent exposure. It is a step in the right direction but it would need more to make me watch regularly.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
This whole concept of a points-based wrestling show sounds incredible!

Stopspot

Reaction score
@POP TATARI @THG? Since you guys are peeps I know have watched Evolve in the past. But anyone is of course allowed to jump in on this as well.

With this reboot, who would you like to see Gabe bring in when it comes to new talent, or allow to take more space?

I'd like to see Tim Donst and Josh Alexander return and take more prominent spots on the roster, along with Biff and Gulak. That's a nice set of talent there that Gabe can build on.

As for new faces: I'd think I'd enjoy Dickinson for at least a short run (I know he has a reputation of being hard to negotiate with), and David Starr to be brought in and team with Dunn. More tag gold for the Juicy Product plz

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
All the Beyond guys pls. Team Tremendous, Dickinson, Juicy Product, Buxx Belmar, Danny Cannon, etc. Beaver Boys too.