ESPN now covers real sports, GODs 1st interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Triple H sat down with ESPN to discuss the New Era in the WWE, new superstars such as Braun Strowman, and more. The full interview is at this link and below are just a few highlights:

WWE recently bringing back enhancement matches:

“Anytime you do a match, you’re trying to get personalities over. Because for the most part, people appreciate great wrestling, but if they don’t care about the performers and they don’t care about the story between the two performers, they don’t care about the match. They just don’t. They’ll get to the end of it and they’ll go, ‘Wow, that was really exciting and they did some crazy stuff when the one guy did the thing, you know, like I don’t remember his name, but he did the crazy move.’

“The moves and the matches only are great when they’re with great stories; when those stories are rich, and the characters are rich and you can get involved in them. And when the matches deliver that and you’re invested in those characters — that’s when it’s magic.”

“Enhancement matches on the shows, to me, are designed to get personalities over. It’s designed for one guy to go out there — yeah, he beats up another guy, but what was he doing while he was doing that? He was establishing his moves, so I see what this guy does and see the kind of a style in which he wrestles? But if he just goes out there and just does a few moves with no personality and no charisma, I still don’t care about him. I just know he’s better than the other guy, who didn’t look like he was very good in the first place.”

Braun Strowman’s push:

“We’re resetting Braun Strowman. We’re resetting who he is, and resetting his character and his personality so that you can learn more about him and feel for him. It’s the same thing with Nia Jax and any of these characters that we do those things with. When I write NXT, I never go, ‘I just need to get so and so a match,’ and give them an enhancement match. It’s not what I want to do. I give it to them so I can see a different part of his personality. If I give [Shinsuke] Nakamura an enhancement match in NXT at this point, it’s so I can get the entertainment side of him out that I can’t get if he’s out there and he’s going to wrestle Samoa Joe. I want to see a different side of him, so I give him something that he can do that different side in and show me that personality.”

50/50 booking:

“It’s just a term somebody came up with. It’s just terms that people throw out there. When somebody goes, ‘Well, you just can’t get people over with 50/50 booking,’ [I’ll always say] ‘Oh, I’m sorry, how’s your territory coming? Because this one seems to be doing pretty good over here.’ We just had the largest WrestleMania in history. People talk a lot of smack about ratings and things, but they don’t understand all of the dynamics of everything we do. They don’t. They sit on the internet and they read one thing and they give their point of view.”

#EatShitMeltzer

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

:hhh4:
Insecure Weeabo

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
The "you're not in the business so you can't comment" thing wrestlers always spew out is hilarious. It's like saying you're not allowed to dislike an album because you're not a musician, or you're not allowed to dislike Versace because you're not a designer.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The "you're not in the business so you can't comment" thing wrestlers always spew out is hilarious. It's like saying you're not allowed to dislike an album because you're not a musician, or you're not allowed to dislike Versace because you're not a designer.
No, your personal taste is subjective. Acting like you know more than the people doing it and successfully is whats hilarious.

You gonna tell Messi how to shoot freekicks? You gonna tell Patrick Kane how to shoot a wristshot? Gonna tell Scorsese how to make camera cuts?

Thats why people like Meltzer are garbage, its not him reporting. Its his opinions that kill his credibility and everyonne elses by saying "this is what they should be doing".....Even though, they've never taken a bump.