Eoms GFX Showcase

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
I kinda stopped doing GFX, but heres what happened when I tried it out, in no order.

King.jpg

TMNTSig1.jpg

Flair.jpg

Superbowl1.jpg

FlamesSig-1-1.jpg

Flairsig.jpg

Title Sigs
womenstitle1.jpg

HardcoreTitleSig1.jpg

IntercontinentalTitle1.jpg

TagTeamTitle1.jpg

WWFTitleSig1.jpg

New Stuff

I just whipped this up to see if I still had any idea what I was doing. Thoughts?
AvengersAssemble.jpg

Heres something I made for a friend.
OVER9000.jpg

My entry for the Grafix League that wasnt featured cause my opponent didnt get one in, It's my ACW guy.
Calvash.jpg

Last edited:

BDC

Reaction score
Forgot about these, EOM! Love the turtles one most of all, but hey!

Deuce

Reaction score
The Avengers Assemble GFX is my favorite. Great work.

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
The Avengers Assemble GFX is my favorite. Great work.

Thanks a lot man. I had actually cut out a Hawkeye and Black Widow for that sig, and they were BITCHES to cut out. But they ended up not working right, and they were such nice cuts too, pissed me off.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Thanks a lot man. I had actually cut out a Hawkeye and Black Widow for that sig, and they were BITCHES to cut out. But they ended up not working right, and they were such nice cuts too, pissed me off.

You can save a tremendous amount of time by downloading pre-cut renders from sites like PSD-Dreams or PSD-Protocol. Look up some tutorials too, extremely handy for anyone who wants to get better.

The_King

Reaction score
King Regime: I like the background design, and the render of the chick (no idea who she is haha). It would've been better if the effect wasn't on the other renders. The text would pop more with an outline but nbd. 6/10
TMNT: By far your best. It's simple but appealing. Only gripe with it is that the logo is too dim. 7/10.
Flair: A little plain for my taste. The lighting on the bottom of the render is a bit too bright. Font is a little bland, but it works. 6/10.
Superbowl/Flames: Both are just a bit too bland for my tastes. Render on plain backgrounds leaves you with a lot of open space. 5/10.
Flair 2.0: Similar to the King Regime. One of your better works. Change up that font and up the opacity on the center render. Also, I'd make the banner more narrow to limit the open space. 6/10.
Avengers: I like this one, but again, there is a lot of open space. I'd also dump the text on top of the Avenger logo b/c the logo looks good, and the text interrupts that flow. I'd brighten up the Iron Man render as well. 6/10.

Here's some suggestions:
-I'd echo Defiant's suggestions about using PSDs. Usually, they're well cut, and it saves you a TON of time and frustration haha. My general rule for cutting is to only do it when I can't find a PSD to take it's place.
-Secondly, I'd suggest moving away from a render on a background feel. Maybe try blending some pictures together and playing with brushes/effects.

Nice start EOM! Keep it up!

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
One thing I should mention about render cutting, may apply to a lot of people.

When I was doing my digital design course while studying advertising, I remember being taught briefly about cutting people out of images (renders). Turns out the Lasso, Magic Wand and Eraser tools you probably use are actually the least effective ways to cut. I forget the professional technique, but you should look up tutorials for image cutting specifically if you're interested in being able to do more defined and polished cutting, particularly when it comes to hair lines.

But thats if you persist on cutting your own renders. I strongly recommend using render downloading sites. There are MANY wrestling ones.

The_King

Reaction score
Noticed you posted a new one.

The DBZ sig is by far your best. The effect on Goku really works. All of the renders are nice and work with the background. My only gripe is the effect on the monkey guy (don't know the newer names haha) is just too strong. I think it would've been better had you kept that render with the same look as the smaller renders surrounding it. The logo works. The background is a tad plain, but it fits. Probably, give it around a 7/10 again.

Nice work!

Ryan

Reaction score
If you ever see a render on a black background - this applies well for logos - or a white background for that matter, you can use the layer blending options to bring down the blacks or whites until the background disappears. You can also use the pen tool, but that's extraordinarily tedious although it is very effective.

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
Noticed you posted a new one.

The DBZ sig is by far your best. The effect on Goku really works. All of the renders are nice and work with the background. My only gripe is the effect on the monkey guy (don't know the newer names haha) is just too strong. I think it would've been better had you kept that render with the same look as the smaller renders surrounding it. The logo works. The background is a tad plain, but it fits. Probably, give it around a 7/10 again.

Nice work!

They're all Goku as different forms of Super Saiyan. The monkey guy is Super Saiyan 4. The long hair is Super Saiyan 3, the one beside him is Super Saiyan 2 and the bigger one is just Super Saiyan.

The_King

Reaction score
Looking at it again, I realize they're all Goku (duh haha). I don't remember Super Sayan 3 or 4 though, so I must've stopped watching before that.

The_King

Reaction score
Noticed you posted another one a few days back but forgot to comment. So, here we go!

It's not as good as the DBZ piece, but it's still better than some of your others. First off, the major problem is that the color is far too heavy. Reduce that blue or play with the settings. Not a fan of the PSD being so low on opacity. I think the black and white render is a good idea but wasn't applied right. It doesn't flow. Top right render's head is cut off. Font is okay but needs a stroke of some sort to make it pop.
Not bad but not your best. Keep it up!