Ender's Game (2013)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ender's Game

2i6gdw7.jpg

Release Date: November 1, 2013
Studio: Summit Entertainment
Director: Gavin Hood
Screenwriter: Gavin Hood
Starring: Asa Butterfield, Harrison Ford, Ben Kingsley, Hailee Steinfeld, Viola Davis, Abigail Breslin
Genre: Action, Adventure, Sci-Fi
MPAA Rating: Not Available
Official Website: I.F. Sentinel | The Official Movie Site for Ender's Game | In Theaters November 1st

Plot Summary: 70 years after a horrific alien war, an unusually gifted child is sent to an advanced military school in space to prepare for a future invasion.

Trailer: [video=youtube;vP0cUBi4hwE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0cUBi4hwE[/video]

As a big fan of the first few books in the series, I'm really looking forward to this one. If done right, it could kick some major ass.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Harrison Ford in space again. How sweet. Can't wait.

Castiel

Reaction score
A book I actually loved, phenomenal cast young and old involved, pumped!

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Saw this the other day and thought it was alright, but not as good as it could have been. The battle room sequences were quite well done and if you liked the way they were described in the book then you'll be pleased with how they're represented here. The issue I had was them not telling the whole story, leaving out almost everything with Ender's brother and sister back on Earth. Also, while it did win the box office last week it doesn't look like we'll be seeing a sequel...

Variety said:
The future of a sequel to Lionsgate’s “Ender’s Game” remains in limbo, following a solid rather than specactular start for the sci-fi title.

Lionsgate CEO Jon Feltheimer said Friday during a conference call with analysts that the studio will “wait another week or two” before it decides whether to make another film based on the Orson Scott Card series of 13 novels.

He also said that an “Ender’s Game” TV spinoff was under consideration.

“Ender’s Game” has taken in $32.5 million in its first five days at the U.S. box office and another $9 million overseas.

Feltheimer said that the film had been performing “virtually on base” with internal expectations. The film, starring Asa Butterfield, was financed in large part by OddLot Entertainment.

Lionsgate has been touting itself as the home to franchises aimed at the young-adult demo following the successes of “The Hunger Games” and “The Twilight Saga” films. Its next entry will be “Divergent,” starring Shailene Woodley, opening March 21.

The Neil Burger pic is an adaptation of the first novel of Veronica Roth’s trilogy about a post-apocalyptic Chicago. Vanessa Taylor wrote the screenplay.

Lionsgate has noted that the release date is the same slot used last year for the release of its mega-hit “The Hunger Games.”

Feltheimer said that sales of “Insurgent,” the third book in the series, have been “robust” since its Oct. 22 release, underlining strong support from the fan base.

The CEO also touted strong prospects for another franchise with “The Expendables 3″ having added Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, Antonio Banderas, Wesley Snipes and Kelsey Grammer. “We’ve repositioned this franchise in a powerful way,” Feltheimer said.
The prospect of turning Ender's Game into a television series actually makes sense to me. They can really expand on the things they left out from the book and it does have potential to be a long-term project.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I saw this today not reading the books and felt it was pretty decent. I feel as though I missed a few things and a second watch through is needed to pick up on all of the things.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Good thing it's done well in the US because it's done bugger all over here

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Good thing it's done well in the US because it's done bugger all over here

Sent from my GT-S6810P using Tapatalk

It's because Thor came out before it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Postman Dave

Reaction score
It's because Thor came out before it.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Ender actually came out the week before Thor.

But it was still trounced by Cloudy 2 and Bad Grandpa. I think it placed 6th in the top 10 in its first week.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The movie may not be doing well because more Brits hate the fact that Orson Scott Card is a homophobe than American's do.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The movie may not be doing well because more Brits hate the fact that Orson Scott Card is a homophobe than American's do.

You give us too much credit :lol:

I don't think the books are as well known over here, so it may look like just another sci-fi to some.

Plus, Cloudy 2 had the kids covered, and Bad Grandpa had the teens, Ender was sort of sitting in the middle. Too risky a choice whereas the other two are most likely a guaranteed slam dunk to their respective target markets.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Plus, Cloudy 2 had the kids covered, and Bad Grandpa had the teens, Ender was sort of sitting in the middle. Too risky a choice whereas the other two are most likely a guaranteed slam dunk to their respective target markets.
True enough, and in all honesty it won't hurt Lionsgate that much given the second Hunger Games movie is coming out shortly. That should do quite well for them, though I won't be watching it due to how awful the first was.

Castiel

Reaction score
It was decent, but definitely didn't live up to expectations. I feel like it could've been great but didn't leave me really feeling anything at all. It kind of felt like none of the cast really cared too much, honestly. Like Fuji mentioned, they left out the stuff about Peter and Valentine on Earth and that's a really interesting side story, but I figured they wouldn't include it. I'd be fine with no sequel, the books that followed never interested me too much anyway.

Drew

Reaction score
I'm glad I didn't read the book so I could be disappointed like those of you did.

I really liked it...I know what they left out(because I do research movies based on books before seeing them), but all in all I felt like it was perfectly paced, and was very well acted, directed, and well done.