Emmalina Complaints

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Give me a break people. It's only been a few hours and I have heard more complaints about what happened with Emmalina/Emma than I have heard from any other recent angle/

I find this baffling. WWE touted Emmalina for months... 17 weeks if you believe Emma. And then she becomes Emmalina for 30 seconds and transitions back to Emma. And now people are pissed and bitching about it.

News Flash: that is what a heel is supposed to do. They are supposed to generate heat. They are supposed to annoy the hell out of you. The immediate switch by her was CLASSIC and made me an instant fan of a woman I never liked at all.

I've been hearing complaints here, on Facebook and on Twitter. So she dropped a stupid name they touted for 17 weeks to simply be Emma. She doesn't look any different. She didn't unfufill any character as we had no idea who Emmalina would be any way. But in a 60 second promo, she garnered more heat than any woman wrestler has in a long time.

I can't understand the bitching about it. All we do is complain about lousy booking, lousy character development.. but then someone does a classic heel moment that no one saw coming... we complain because she's "Emma" not "Emmalina." Sorry but I think it's ridiculous the reactions to this.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Are people really mad? I'm happy she'll possibly keep her evil Emma theme ( I use it for my 2k CAW, great theme).

Since this happened, I've heard at least 10 people bitch about it from the different sites I populate. I was shocked, really, because I thought it was brilliant. The whole Emmalina nonsense was nothing more than a throwback to the Diva crap of the past and her character chose not to go that way. But yeah, for hours now I have been hearing people bitch about it.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
Since this happened, I've heard at least 10 people bitch about it from the different sites I populate. I was shocked, really, because I thought it was brilliant. The whole Emmalina nonsense was nothing more than a throwback to the Diva crap of the past and her character chose not to go that way. But yeah, for hours now I have been hearing people bitch about it.

I mean...what did these people really expect? It was an obvious troll after like the 10th or so vignette. Why would WWE put a oversexualized character in a division that spent the better part of the last three-four years doing away with that very thing?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I mean...what did these people really expect? It was an obvious troll after like the 10th or so vignette. Why would WWE put a oversexualized character in a division that spent the better part of the last three-four years doing away with that very thing?

I agree 100% This was the obvious and most creative conclusion to this constant trolling vignette. The fact that so many people are pissy about it just proves how brilliant it was.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Give me a break people. It's only been a few hours and I have heard more complaints about what happened with Emmalina/Emma than I have heard from any other recent angle
Well...generally people complain when they are pissed off or annoyed.
I find this baffling. WWE touted Emmalina for months... 17 weeks if you believe Emma. And then she becomes Emmalina for 30 seconds and transitions back to Emma. And now people are pissed and bitching about it.
Yes...because there was no point to the entire thing...

If they want her to be Emma...then just let her be Emma and
just let the woman wrestle and perform.
News Flash: that is what a heel is supposed to do. They are supposed to generate heat. They are supposed to annoy the hell out of you. The immediate switch by her was CLASSIC and made me an instant fan of a woman I never liked at all.
No...A real heel should come out and insult, abuse and beat down the faces. See Samoa Joe as an example of this...
I've been hearing complaints here, on Facebook and on Twitter. So she dropped a stupid name they touted for 17 weeks to simply be Emma. She doesn't look any different. She didn't unfufill any character as we had no idea who Emmalina would be any way. But in a 60 second promo, she garnered more heat than any woman wrestler has in a long time.
At least in your opinion...
I can't understand the bitching about it. All we do is complain about lousy booking, lousy character development.. but then someone does a classic heel moment that no one saw coming... we complain because she's "Emma" not "Emmalina." Sorry but I think it's ridiculous the reactions to this.
I don't consider jerking the fans around to be a "Classic Heel Moment"
If you do...cool...you can handle being "trolled" I can't...
Are people really mad?
Yes...I am...
I mean...what did these people really expect?
Not to be fucked around...
Since this happened, I've heard at least 10 people bitch about it from the different sites I populate. I was shocked, really, because I thought it was brilliant.
Wow...that's really sad...
It was an obvious troll after like the 10th or so vignette. Why would WWE put a oversexualized character in a division that spent the better part of the last three-four years doing away with that very thing?
Oh Fuck off...

"I knew they'd do this"

Whatever...
I agree 100% This was the obvious and most creative conclusion to this constant trolling vignette. The fact that so many people are pissy about it just proves how brilliant it was.
You are kidding right? Your trolling right now right?

Last edited:

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score

No...A real heel should come out and insult, abuse and beat down the faces. See Samoa Joe as an example of this...

Yes...I am...

Wow...that;s really sad...

Oh Fuck off...

"I knew they'd do this"

Whatever...

You know, even when I have disagreed with you, I've never called your opinion "sad." Not once. And I've never referred to you as trolling in any way.

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score

Yes...I am...

Wow...that;s really sad...

Oh Fuck off...

"I knew they'd do this"

Whatever...

The gimmick was DOA anyway because of the constant delays so it wouldn't have worked if she came out and played Emmalina, it would've been stupid. The troll payoff was the only logical way to save her.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
The gimmick was DOA anyway because of the constant delays so it wouldn't have worked if she came out and played Emmalina, it would've been stupid. The troll payoff was the only logical way to save her.
So...your saying because they delayed it...they had no choice but to hit the reset
button and just troll their audience to save whatever career Emma has left?

¡Tranquilo!

World's Finest Failure.
Reaction score
So...your saying because they delayed it...they had no choice but to hit the reset
button and just troll their audience to save whatever career Emma has left?

yesjacknicholson.gif

Not like she can just disregard the 17 weeks of blue-balling. After the 10th week people were just annoyed by her not showing up and the next 7 did no favors. If she would've came out a worked the Emmalina gimmick not only would it have been awkward, it would've got her "get the fuck off my TV" heat for not living up to expectations under a new gimmick. She was better off trolling us and reverting back to Emma ( evil Em' I think) and just getting normal heel heat for that. I'd argue it gave her back some relevance.

Reactions: MrEdzhuks

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
Not like she can just disregard the 17 weeks of blue-balling. After the 10th week people were just annoyed by her not showing up and the next 7 did no favors. If she would've came out a worked the Emmalina gimmick not only would it have been awkward, it would've got her "get the fuck off my TV" heat for not living up to expectations under a new gimmick. She was better off trolling us and reverting back to Emma ( evil Em' I think) and just getting normal heel heat for that. I'd argue it gave her back some relevance.
I guess I can understand that...
I'm still severely pissed off about
the entire situation...and Bayley
winning the title didn't help my
mood.

I just want wrestlers to wrestle
and tell good stories in and out
of the ring.

I honestly don't know If I can
handle being a wrestling fan
in this day and age.

Professional Wrestling is meant
to be fun entertainment...and I
don't find "being trolled" fun or
entertaining.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I guess I can understand that...
I'm still severely pissed off about
the entire situation...and Bayley
winning the title didn't help my
mood.

I just want wrestlers to wrestle
and tell good stories in and out
of the ring.

I honestly don't know If I can
handle being a wrestling fan
in this day and age.

Professional Wrestling is meant
to be fun entertainment...and I
don't find "being trolled" fun or
entertaining.

The thing with Charlotte was aggravating and anti-climactic. But in the end, I am positive that Charlotte will emerge as the ultimate winner in this feud. That was why I tried to put a positive spin on it beforehand. Bayley is not going to emerge from this the victor.

Emma is the same beautiful woman whether she is Emma or Emmalina. In fact, she's unlikely to act or dress that differently regardless of what she calls herself. That was why I find this baffling. My question wasn't meant to be rude or insulting, although everyone seems to think I meant it that way. I seriously don't get it because when it comes down to it, it's four letters and that is the only difference.