Edge/Jeff Hardy - Armageddon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JTG

Reaction score
I think the plans are for Hardy to challenge Edge to a WWE Championship Match at Armageddon, where he finally goes over, in the main event. I’m pretty sure that WWE is going to start the build for the match now, judging by tonight’s outcome of Survivor Series.

The Rated R CMStar

I think the plans are for Hardy to challenge Edge to a WWE Championship Match at Armageddon, where he finally goes over, in the main event

So they gave the belt to Edge to have him drop it to Hardy 3 weeks later? Edge is no Chris Jericho you know? Besides, if Hardy was supposed to win the belt, he would have won it at SS. I think Hardy will not win the belt until after WM25. If anything, this should show you that WWE wants Edge entering Mania as champion again.

I’m pretty sure that WWE is going to start the build for the match now, judging by tonight’s outcome of Survivor Series

No shit, really? I mean, Armageddon is just 3 weeks away, if they don't start building it right now, then when?

Solid Stinger the Big Boss

Nope

HHH uses rematch clause.

HHH vs. Edge at Armageddon. Edge retains

Hardy wins the Royal Rumble or the Smackdown Elimination Chamber.

Edge vs. Jeff Hardy: TLC for WWE Championship at XXV.

Or HHH vs. Hardy vs. Edge unless HHH vs. Taker happens at XXV but i'd rather see Taker vs. HBK.

Maybe they can fight at the Royal Rumble a 3rd year and start a rivalry from there

JTG

Reaction score
CMS said:
So they gave the belt to Edge to have him drop it to Hardy 3 weeks later? Edge is no Chris Jericho you know? Besides, if Hardy was supposed to win the belt, he would have won it at SS. I think Hardy will not win the belt until after WM25. If anything, this should show you that WWE wants Edge entering Mania as champion again.

They gave the belt to Edge to have him drop it to Cena 3 weeks later, you know?

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, 2006. Edge was in his first strides as main eventer.

Adampro123

Reaction score
I think they will probably go ahead and have hardy vs edge at Armageddon. and probably kozlov vs triple h no 1 contender match then edge vs trip again at the rumble i just hope there match is better then there GAB match.

Reaction score

Jericho wasn't really in his "first strides" as Main Eventer when he had his little 3-week reign...

I'm looking forward to this fued, whenever it happens, Armageddon, Royal Rumble of at No Way Out - the two men have had some changes in their gimmicks - they both seem to have lost it.

We saw just the last couple of weeks that Jeff Hardy has become more relentless, with his badass new makeup and shit. Edge now reappearing and apparently not having shaved since Summerslam. Both men have a real "im over the edge, dont fuck with me, fucker!" look to them, and this could lead to a very entertaining fued/conclusion of the fued, possibly in a specialty match.

Just for that reason, disregarding their styles in the ring, the current backstory to the fued, and the possible angles they could play, this fued really should deliver, and keep both men (and more than likely Trips) content until Mania...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

I sure as hell; hope not. I'm with Stinger. I want Triple H vs Edge, or Vlady vs Triple H vs Edge or some shit like that. Plz WWE, give me Edge vs Jeff at WM. It's all I ask for. IDC what you do with Vladi and Triple H. Protect Vladi up until WM, then have Triple H beat him there. I don't give a damn. I just want Jeff vs Edge.

The Rated R CMStar

Let's be serious. Edge vs Hardy is not a WM main event match. Maybe HHH vs Edge vs Hardy, but not those two alone. That match is not WM main event worthy.

Oh, and KnicKy, that's exactly my point, Edge is no Jericho getting those short reigns.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

So what if it's not? Cena vs Batista is the selling point. Why can't the other brand have Jeff vs Edge?

MikeRaw

I actually think that WM should be Edge vs HHH. No Hardy vs Edge, no HHH vs Edge vs Hardy. Just straight up HHH vs Edge is a huge feud between the two, because other than a breif stint when HH got drafted, they have never gone one on one. That should definately be the main event...

That being said, theys hould have Hardy win the belt (and I think he will) at Armaggeddon. You can tell by the way he was built up. Anyways, then Edge should win the Royal Rumble, but have Hardy lose the belt to HHH at No Way Out, and that takes Hardy out of the picture, and puts HHH vs Edge at WM.

Anyways, there'a alot of different option, but to answer your question, I think armaggeddon will be HHH vs Edge vs Hardy.

Airfixx

First full fued for Edge will be vs. Jeff cos of him being behind the attack on Hardy. Edge will retain the title and take it into Mania.

JTG

Reaction score
CMS said:

Yeah, 2008. Batista wasn't exactly in his first strides as main eventer when he had his 1 week reign.

They should have Hardy win the belt at Armageddon and lose it at No Way Out.

Soulpower

Edge/Jeff Hardy - Armageddon?

I don't think so. I think its more like this:

Edge/Jeff Hardy - Wrestlemania!

That match is not WM main event worthy.

The most over heel on SD vs the most over face on SD not worthy of main eventing Wrestlemania? Before you say that it won't draw, let me just say that his match would open the door for a possible HHH vs Taker match at WM (Yes, its happened before, but it would make for a damn good match), which would be a big time match-up.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Judging by the look of Taker and his messed up knees last night. I wouldn't put him in the frame for wm25 but there again i wouldn't count him out. But he really needs sum time to rest himself up.

Id like to to see HHH/Edge WM25. But there again 1 I'm biased and 2 Id like to see Jeff have a run with the title so I'm a bit torn at the mo be a waste of his push if they don't do anything with Jeff.

I think that Jeff/Edge could draw at WM25 they are both hugely over so there wouldn't be a problem filling seats.

Either HHH/Edge or Jeff/Edge or even HHH/Jeff/Edge could all be good matches at Mania IMO.