Eddie Kingston recently finished serving suspension

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
My only question would be then : do you hate Punk for supporting women's rights while not being a woman?

Not to stir stuff, more something to challenge yourself with. To me,allies are good.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
So this is one of the things that is wrong in today´s pro wrestling. Sammy Guevera posted this:
“I just wanna say real quick a couple of things. I just have a couple of things to get off my chest, I guess. There’s been so much random drama, random stuff that’s been said in the past week or so. It’s exhausting. It’s exhausting to see blatant lies said about me or shade being thrown. I’ve read so much random stuff and it’s just like where are they getting this? It’s just people making up so much stuff. I saw something that said I’m difficult to work with and not a lot of people want to work with me. Which I know is not true. But the problem is because of the internet, people don’t know the difference and when people spread these rumors, regardless if they’re true or not, no one fact checks. These things are taken as fact and they can affect me.”

“I guess that’s why I’m on here now because I’m not going to try to convince people that I’m a good person. People who already have their mind made up of me, they’re not gonna change their mind. It’s insane. What I will say…is you read so much of this stuff, then you start to question yourself, which I did. I start to wonder, am I a piece of sh*t? Am I this person that everybody is painting me out to be? I was starting to feel pretty down because I do try to do my best to just be the best I can. I try to help people when I can. I try to be as nice as possible and respectful to everybody no matter where they are on the card or what’s their position in life. I try to treat everybody the same.”
Son you´re a heel, you have HEAT, and the first thing you do is go online and cry about how you are a good guy and beg people to not hate you? Again, the fuck is going on in pro wrestling.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So this is one of the things that is wrong in today´s pro wrestling. Sammy Guevera posted this:

Son you´re a heel, you have HEAT, and the first thing you do is go online and cry about how you are a good guy and beg people to not hate you? Again, the fuck is going on in pro wrestling.
He turned heel because fans got in their knickers about him being a bad guy to begin with. I understand where he’s coming from. People don’t hate his character, they think they know him as a person and it’s a shitty feeling.

Reactions: Hidden Blaze

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
He turned heel because fans got in their knickers about him being a bad guy to begin with. I understand where he’s coming from. People don’t hate his character, they think they know him as a person and it’s a shitty feeling.
fwiw, had they not made sammy and her an on screen thing, he'd have been ok as a face he got over in the cody match. as a pair though that was just never going to survive as a face tandem. tough call

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Then use it to make money.

Christ.....imagine Edge doing this after Matt Hardy went on a whine tour.

Hidden Blaze

The Wanted Man
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
MOLAnG4
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
homd3TG
Favorite Sports Team
gLxCq87
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Yeah, like from what I seen about him (besides a few dumb shit he did when younger.. the Sasha rape thing on the podcast probably the worst thing he did, and even made me extremely disappointed in him) he seems to be a good dude. His character is a straight up asshole and everything. But I don’t think an asshole would buy food for homeless people(and this was before he was making AEW money) and different things he did to give back.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
fwiw, had they not made sammy and her an on screen thing, he'd have been ok as a face he got over in the cody match. as a pair though that was just never going to survive as a face tandem. tough call
The heat of him even being with Tay has grown and grown since the shit first hit the fan. I’m not sure the hate he’s getting now for this even wouldn’t have eventually surfaced with or without the onscreen pairing. Especially once they posted online they got married.

The amount of people saying they suspended the wrong guy even after Kingston admitted he did wrong is honestly disheartening. I feel for him because I understand his pain even on a much smaller scale. I don’t know what I’d do if I saw the things people say about him on a daily basis.

I really do hope he can get back to a good spot and have another babyface run because yeah, he was leading the charge on the new pillars of AEW for a minute.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
The heat of him even being with Tay has grown and grown since the shit first hit the fan. I’m not sure the hate he’s getting now for this even wouldn’t have eventually surfaced with or without the onscreen pairing. Especially once they posted online they got married.

The amount of people saying they suspended the wrong guy even after Kingston admitted he did wrong is honestly disheartening. I feel for him because I understand his pain even on a much smaller scale. I don’t know what I’d do if I say the things people say about him on a daily basis.

I really do hope he can get back to a good spot and have another babyface run because yeah, he was leading the charge on the new pillars of AEW for a minute.
dont take twitter and facebook too seriously, the most common take I've seen here is Eddie was in the wrong and that Sammy has a punchable face, both which are facts. All the married stuff might be true but I still think most of that would go over most of the live audiences head had they not been presented as on screen couple. once they did that, they had no chances as faces as even without rumors that act screamed obnoxious good looking heels (which is a good gimmick imo).

Another thing you may not have been aware of is that Sammy was polarizing way before the Tay stuff. The Sasha stuff put him in the dog house and then the Matt Hardy stuff also made some ppl just decide they hated him. Hardy stuff not really his fault but you know how ppl can be.

That being said, while I get how he might feel, maybe he should also stop putting his entire life online. Not trying to "victim blame" but when you have a super obnoxious online presence, you are opening yourself up to more trolling etc sadly.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
And while I agree the heat he got for hooking up with Tay was way over the top, he also made the choice to make his romantic life public by proposing live on tv and then hooking up with his coworker and made it into an angle. Saying he is a piece of shit is obviously ridiculous, but surely he can't be surprised this whole ordeal with her got attention

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
And while I agree the heat he got for hooking up with Tay was way over the top, he also made the choice to make his romantic life public by proposing live on tv and then hooking up with his coworker and made it into an angle. Saying he is a piece of shit is obviously ridiculous, but surely he can't be surprised this whole ordeal with her got attention
See, I don’t agree with this take. He’s a public figure. The idea he’s gonna hide who his fiancé and now his wife is wasn’t a realistic endeavor.

I agree about the proposal. That shouldn’t have been done since she’s a private person, but you can’t have a social media presence and hide two very public people dating. Especially when they have vlogs and whatnot. And you can’t blame him for that, either, when it worked so well for the Elite and others.

The onscreen pairing was a mistake as well, but that came after there was blowback and I think the intention all along was to do what Deezy says and work it like they did the Edge and Lita thing.

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
Reaction score
Mean, Dolly Parton's husband has a private life and all, and she is a public figure

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Mean, Dolly Parton's husband has a private life and all, and she is a public figure
If he’s private it can work, but if their both public figures, there’s virtually no way.

And why shouldn’t they be allowed to post wedding photos and stuff when they got married? Just because some virgin incels can’t deal?

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
See, I don’t agree with this take. He’s a public figure. The idea he’s gonna hide who his fiancé and now his wife is wasn’t a realistic endeavor.

I agree about the proposal. That shouldn’t have been done since she’s a private person, but you can’t have a social media presence and hide two very public people dating. Especially when they have vlogs and whatnot. And you can’t blame him for that, either, when it worked so well for the Elite and others.

The onscreen pairing was a mistake as well, but that came after there was blowback and I think the intention all along was to do what Deezy says and work it like they did the Edge and Lita thing.
Yeah I mostly mean the proposal and the on screen relationship. the vlog stuff is wtv.

and just to reiterate, I'm more saying he shouldn't be surprised some of that got negative attention. I'm not whatsoever justifying the vile shit people say, just that I can see why some of that might turn people off him on a personal level. Just like irl stuff affect other public's figures likeability, i guess.

Reactions: Kross Rhodes