Ecw to be dropped and re-branded?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

^ An actual wrestling show? ECW is BOOOORRRRIIIINNNGGGG, I don't see how anybody supports it. RAW and Smackdown! is what really matters, with ECW gone both those rosters could get better, don't you want that?

.... So honestly, you don't think that Raw & SD are pissing away talent left right and centre as it is (MVP, the heel push of Matt Hardty, the ME push of CM Punk, Even Bourne, Jack Swagger, Carlito, Primo, Mike Knox, Masters Chavo, Priceless post-DX fued, The Hart Dynasty)?

ECW's main quality is that it presents a simply & coherently booked, WRESTLING show that is free of much of the politics and bullshit that taint so many other wrestling shows.

Peeps value ECW because of what it IS; not what it ISN'T. Besides, you know as well as the majority of us that roster depth isn't the primary problem with today's WWE.

chessarmy

^ Nope, I just don't care for a television show as dull and boring as ECW. I want to see guys like Christian, Zach Ryder, Shelton Benjamin, and William Regal on one of the two main brands, not a "C" show nobody cares about.

ECW hurts the WWE's roster, combined with terrible ratings, I find it useless.

MizMasta3000

^ Nope, I just don't care for a television show as dull and boring as ECW. I want to see guys like Christian, Zach Ryder, Shelton Benjamin, and William Regal on one of the two main brands, not a "C" show nobody cares about.

So they can go back to jobbing or if on Raw, not even wrestling

Edit: Ryder kinda jobs now but at least he still wrestles

monkeystyle

Reaction score

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I appreciate ECW because it offers me actual wrestling. Not shitty three minute matches that are over before they even get started.

MizMasta3000

ECW gave birth to the GROWTH many great superstars like CM Punk, John Morrison, Jack Swagger of course, The Miz and hopefully Sheamus. Its a talent GROWTH brand that WWE needs to avoid future endeavoring good talent like they have done in the past as well as giving their talent opportunities to shine as performers

EDIT: I agree with a name change tho. Extreme Championship wrestling doesnt fit the show IMO

Airfixx

Chess, sorry dude but your claiming to want better for Regal & Shelton (very poignent examples!) is rediculous... That's two guys proven to not get the necessary TV time & booking on SD and/or Raw, that, since going to ECW have had time/space to excel (Regal more-so than Shelton admittedly, but still, when's the last time Shelton got anywhere near a decent PPV gig outside of doing spots in MITB? ***).

(***2 jobs in over 18 months since winning the US title @ GAB 2008... JoMo earlier this year and MVP at the end of last year. )

Reaction score
The simple solution is to just kill the show and timeslot. The overall product was better back when it was just two shows.

Airfixx

Better still, ditch SD too and we can just have a 100-man battle-royal to declare 'Champ Of The Week' every Monday night.

noumenon

The bidding war over ECW talent between RAW and Smackdown could be pretty interesting to see.

MizMasta3000

Latest news

- As noted before, WWE has been in talks with the SyFy network about re-branding ECW and coming up with new programming for Tuesday nights in the 10pm time slot.

The latest is that the show will most likely be a program to showcase up and coming WWE talents, pretty much what it is right now, just without the "ECW" letters and probably a new look.

The talks between SyFy and WWE have been going on for a while now as SyFy has been unhappy with the ratings.

SyFy doesnt get ratings any fucking way tbh. Why dont WWE just give FCW that show?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
In 2008, SCI FI averaged a 1.0 Household rating; 242,000 Adults 1834 (up 4%); 616,000 Adults 18 49 (up 5%); 695,000 Adults 25-54 (up 6%) and 1,278,000 total viewers (up 7%).

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?date=12/17/08&id=20081217scifi01

Since ECW regularly gets a 1.0 rating doesn't that make it one of Syfy's top rated shows?

I don't believe the news article, sounds like made up shits to me. Where did you pull this from?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
And they ripped it from the observer. Must be nice to not have to work to report your news...

Anyway, it could be true, but it doesn't ring true to me. Like I said, ECW is one of their highest rated shows. The only way it makes sense at all is if Syfy expected Raw like ratings. Which is just a ridiculous expectation.