Early John Cena & CM Punk Plans For WWE SummerSlam Revealed

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Just wishful thinking, but what if they swerved us by having Bryan win the WWE Title and then having Bryan/Cena at Summerslam, and had Bryan go over?

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Bryan should have made Cena tap, after his hiatus after Brock broke him arm. Make him doubt himself, that shit would have drawn.

Reactions: Snowman1

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Triple H/Brock would probably be the last match and most everyone feels Triple H is going over, so the show would still end with a babyface getting the win.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'd love to see Bryan vs Cena. And Seabs, that would've been awesome. That's where we wanted Cena to go after he lost to Rock, to start doubting himself, and consequently become interesting. Bryan making Cena tap because of the injured arm? Saying I'd mark out is an understatement.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Seabs said:
Bryan should have made Cena tap, after his hiatus after Brock broke him arm. Make him doubt himself, that s*** would have drawn.

That almost made me mark out just reading it.

army_george

Jobber
Reaction score
i would love to see cena tap...i would love to see the under taker tap.. at wrestlemania. But thats just not going to happen
i thought last years punk v cena was awesome in front of the chicago crowd going mental for punk after all his promos and that build up. Wow. Gives me goosebumps when i watch it. And look what it did for Punks career. He is over BIG
so if bryan could make cena tap at summerslam he would be at the top for a long time. yes. yes. yes
however, rehatching the cena punk fued is just going to end badly
yes cena can hype and yes cm punk can cut awesome promos and deliver in the ring but there is nothing to gain for punk in this match unfortunately
id much prefer to see cena take on big show and get crushed and leave the title race for those fitting of it
punk v bryan or ziggler or even jericho again
im looking forward to lesnar v trips though. should be good. Hope lesnar picks up the win after cena got hime at extreme rules. What is the point in bringing back a UFC champion to job to the wrestling world he once conquered? I understand they had to build cena up after mania but imo they got that one wrong. I hope this second run goes better for brock even though its at the expense of trips

shrayan

The Artiste
Reaction score
and it is the historic 25th anniversary of summerslam and so i think cena vs punk match at summerslam is exxxxxxxtra special this year . do not forget guys it is the 25 th anniversary of summerslam --my favourite ppv

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
If Cena vs Punk happens, it'll be nowhere near last year. It'll just feel like a random match, to me, at least. What, Cena will want to cash in his MITB by setting a match up in advance? I wouldn't be able to see that coming.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Thing is Cena is advertised as challenging for the title for either Survivor Series or Night of Champions. What happens to his MITB briefcase I have no idea...

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Creative probably doesn't know what they're going to do with it either. I mean, they may have ideas, but Vince will refuse to listen to them anyway. :haha:

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
When was the last good Summerslam? 2009 had great bookends but a crummy middle, and the last two years that show was a complete catastrophe. How was it beforehand?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Thing is Cena is advertised as challenging for the title for either Survivor Series or Night of Champions. What happens to his MITB briefcase I have no idea...

Advertisements can (and do) change. Cena/Punk was also advertised for Extreme Rules earlier this year but that was quickly changed.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Advertisements do change, it's true. And I don't remember the last good Summerslam, not trying to say they all sucked, I just didn't watch quite a few.