E3 2013

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kassidy

Reaction score
Sony hasn't banned anything of the sort, its actually quite the opposite, i'd like to see where that was said.

E3 2013: PS4 Used Game Restrictions 'Up to Publishers' - IGN

E3 2013: PS4 Used Game Restrictions 'Up to Publishers'
Not much is changing.
by Mitch Dyer
June 11, 2013

Sony has confirmed that the digital rights management of PlayStation 4 software will be up to third-party publishers. Speaking on GTTV, Sony's Jack Tretton stated, "The DRM decision for third-party games will be up to publishers."

This clarification comes one day after Sony's E3 press conference this week, where Tretton stated that the PlayStation 4 "won't pose any new restrictions on the use of PS4 gamers." He continued, "We believe in the model that people embrace today with PlayStation 3."

Publishers of PS4 games, then, can do what's already done on existing PlayStation software: Limit or lock content behind online passes or redemption codes (or opt out of restrictions altogether), which differs from Microsoft's limited licensing of Xbox One software.

EA has stopped all their online passes but it is not because Sony or anyone made them and you can more than likely still expect them from other devs who want to or currently do.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I never said EA did it due to Sony's restrictions. It was a small post, and not too difficult to read.

I heard it at the comic shop this morning, not sure where it was said, or if it only applies to the PS3, but considering everything else that was said I had heard about from the E3 announcements, confirmations, & press conferences, I have no doubt that an announcement along those lines was made.

And I quickly want to get into TitanFall before I forget. I seem to remember a game being demo'ed at an E3 one year that looked absolutely amazing and looked like it could change the face of FPS games forever. That game was called BulletStorm, and how fondly is that game remembered after people actually got a chance to play it?

Twist of Fate

Reaction score
Sony announced pay services for their servers, since I am already a PS+ subscriber for the free games, this wont effect me, and I can understand some people being disappointed by this. They also banned Online Passes from 3rd party developers(as EA effectively ended all of theirs today aswell), so now you can play all of their used games on the PS3 servers with no addition fee.

That announcement from Mattrick is pure gold. They are starting to sound like Nickleback trying to convince everyone they don't suck.

Won't really affect me either since I was on Gold Membership for the majority of having a 360. But then if there's no saving that I can make online like I currently do (paying roughly $49 max using an imported redeem code rather than $78) then i'll be somewhat concerned. But I suppose I can understand how those who have stuck with PS3 and had a choice would also feel. To me though it's basically transferring to the next "360" though.

For Microsoft to be THIS confident, they're either extremely satisfied and confident that the games they announced will be enough to win back the people they've lost, or they've got something else unannounced that they're saving should things not swing back in their favour. That's assuming they haven't just simply become so delusional and pigheaded with the Xbox One that they think this here is enough to win people over - that IS possible given Microsoft's track record in recent years.

EA has stopped all their online passes but it is not because Sony or anyone made them and you can more than likely still expect them from other devs who want to or currently do.

So we''d basically be back to square one if EA games do something like that. It's not ideal but still better than Xbox One's apparent policies.

Mind you i'm NOT a fan of online passes and content. I remember buying Mass Effect 2 a few years ago brand new, hadn't really played it til later and found out I was missing the Cerberus Network. Because I didn't have the receipt after all that time they refused to relent over something that really is no skin of their nose in the first place.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Bulletstorm had no real multiplayer so it can't even be compared to TitanFall

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
As of right now, TitanFall could have an even worse MP than BulletStorm, and we have no idea if it will win, or fail. BulletStorm is an easy comparison as it was seen as the next big thing in FPS's when it was first shown, my copy even has a Best In Show sticker from E3 on it, and by the way everyone is cumming in their pants over TitanFall, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Heard the best thing about the Xbox One. Did nobody watch Tropic Thunder?, You don't go full on blueberry!

Kassidy

Reaction score
yea comparing a single player game where your multiplayer exp is trying to get a better score on the same campaign missions or like ME3 a co-op complete the waves can be compared to a full on PvP shooter, yup great comparison lol.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Do you just simply not pay attention, or do you legitimately have a learning disorder?

The comparison was about the 2 games first showing at E3(which is absolutely everything we have to go on for TitanFall so far, remember all the crazy things Peter Molineaux would promise for Fable games?), not about whatever the fuck you are going on about. Hindsight is a great tool, and BulletStorm did have its issues as a game, but its first video at E3 made just as big of a wave as TitanFall did just the other day. BulletStorm got the Best in Show, no doubt TitanFall will too when the event is finally over.

There is not enough information about TitanFall to make a fair assumption on how good the game is actually going to be. There is the possibility that it fails just as hard, and there is an even slimmer possibility that the game lives up to all the hype that it is getting.

Kassidy

Reaction score
What I am going on about makes more sense then what you are trying to say.

By your logic I can compare any 2 new shooters that get shown off at E3 and get best of show, which is pure idiocy. Half the reason Bulletstorm failed is because it had no lasting appeal such as PvP online, it wasn't because its gameplay didn't live up, it just plain got stale.

but I am going to stop here with you because it is like talking to someone who already has gone full blueberry; someone just plain out doesn't know how to compare games.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Have you never seen a movie that was overhyped because people were expecting one thing, and then when it came out it was an entire failure? Don't bother answering because I remember your posts about Iron Man 3. Want to be as disappointed in TitanFall because you made the same mistake? or would you rather realize that things that get hyped can never live upto it?

It looks like it can be a good game, and is one I will be paying more attention to as more information becomes available. But the way you, and others are going on about it, you could be setting yourselves up for just as big of a letdown as BulletStorm was.

If you find logic Blue, then I would say it is safe to assume you have a legitimate learning disorder, which makes you no fun to make fun of.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Well yes but the point of my post was focusing on the classes of people. I do think within certain aspects of technology you can appeal to the upper classes and be successful, but in the instance of gaming, it should always be emphasized on the working class. Microsoft have gone and done something that would look good to a person with a bit of money, whereas PS4 have focused on majority of the world - people who don't have huge bundles of cash.

This also means the Xbox One games will be more expensive than PS4 ones. As people can still trade in PS4 games those will be re-sold cheaper. Xbox games will rarely experience price drops I'd imagine, as companies will want to make even on them. It's going to be a rough period for the Xbox One if they do follow through with it. It's going to be one of those consoles that one in every few people own, whereas I can see PS4 being a household product.

Agreed, I can see their initial reasoning for it though, I'm sure they didn't expect such resistance to it and expected people to just accept everything. In that case if the Xbox One didn't receive such criticism and/if it sells in huge numbers then everyone has to but new games which keeps profits continuously high. Even though outside of perishables everything we as a society buy ends up in the used market and for some strange reason Microsoft deemed it smart to avoid that marketplace.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
As of right now, TitanFall could have an even worse MP than BulletStorm, and we have no idea if it will win, or fail. BulletStorm is an easy comparison as it was seen as the next big thing in FPS's when it was first shown, my copy even has a Best In Show sticker from E3 on it, and by the way everyone is cumming in their pants over TitanFall, I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Heard the best thing about the Xbox One. Did nobody watch Tropic Thunder?, You don't go full on blueberry!

I played Bulletstorm, yes it was a good game and it was indeed fun during my playthrough but it had no lasting appeal once you finished. It was more a campaign focused game. Titanfall will be more similar to CoD and more so as it is being developed by the former founders of Infinity Ward, Jason West & Vince Zampella who are famous for their great multiplayer in CoD 4 and MW2, so yes, I'm sure it will be better than Bulletstorm with a lasting multiplayer that will appeal to the CoD fanbase and maybe be seen as a competitor to CoD. Not overtake as CoD is the biggest franchise in the world, but a legit competitor.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I played Bulletstorm, yes it was a good game and it was indeed fun during my playthrough but it had no lasting appeal once you finished. It was more a campaign focused game. Titanfall will be more similar to CoD and more so as it is being developed by the former founders of Infinity Ward, Jason West & Vince Zampella who are famous for their great multiplayer in CoD 4 and MW2, so yes, I'm sure it will be better than Bulletstorm with a lasting multiplayer that will appeal to the CoD fanbase and maybe be seen as a competitor to CoD. Not overtake as CoD is the biggest franchise in the world, but a legit competitor.

And Epic was behind BulletStorm, you know the company that made FPS multiplayer popular in the 90's with Unreal, so I do understand the hype Bulletstorm got, I also understand that kill-shot system was the big deal, as it made players focus less on head shots, and is basically the only thing that sets it apart from other FPS games.

I realize optimism, and you seem to see that, and that you are not going to the lengths others are saying it will be the next great FPS. It has potential, even I can see that, but I believe its better if you just remain optimistic, and not hype something in such an overcrowded market as the FPS game.

Weez

Reaction score
Bulletstorm was a fun fucking game, it just had no competitive multiplayer. Comparing Bulletstorm to a Competitive FPS isn't a great comparison tbvh. Titanfall has already shown Competitive Multiplayer, so to say "Another that doesn't live up to hype" in the WAY you are comparing it is ridiculous, unless Bungie scraps the competitive multiplayer completely, which isn't going to happen.

Kassidy

Reaction score
Thank you very Much ps it is Respawn Entertainment not Bungie, Bungie is Destiny which I am also surprised he hasn't tried to compare to bulletstorm.

Last edited:

Weez

Reaction score
Thank you very Much ps it is Respawn Entertainment not Bungie, Bungie is Destiny which I am also surprised he hasn't tried to compare to bulletstorm.

Yeah, I knew that, I'm fucking stupid. I was watching Destiny vids just before posting that. I'm looking forward to seeing how well this works out for Respawn's initial offering lol.