E! Announce Extension To Total Divas Season 1; Starting November

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The show's summer finale airs Sunday, September 15 before resuming this fall on Sunday, November 17.

[via press release from E!]

E! AND WWE EXTEND DEBUT SEASON OF NEW HIT SERIES "TOTAL DIVAS" WITH SIX ADDITIONAL EPISODES

"Total Divas" Has Grown Each Week Since Its Premiere And Hit A Series High With 1.7 Million Total Viewers In Its Most Recent New Episode On Sunday Night

Los Angeles, CA, August 14, 2013 - E! has picked up six additional episodes of its popular new series "Total Divas," which offers the first-ever look into the world of the WWE Divas both inside and outside the ring, bringing season one to a total of 14 episodes. The product of two entertainment giants, E! and WWE, teaming with reality hit maker Bunim-Murray Productions ("Keeping Up With The Kardashians"), "Total Divas" has successfully attracted infatuated pop culture enthusiasts who have made the series an instant hit after only three episodes. The series' sexy stars have let cameras into their glamorous private lives, their sometimes rocky romances and behind the scenes of their hectic sports entertainment careers. Building on its ratings success and enormous social media buzz, E!'s "Total Divas" will continue with new episodes airing Sundays at 10pm with a summer finale on Sunday, September 15 at 10pm. The six additional episodes will debut this fall starting Sunday, November 17 at 10pm ET/PT only on E!

"Our audience has embraced 'Total Divas' in a big way and we're excited to build on the show's tremendous momentum with six additional episodes," said Jeff Olde, Executive Vice President, Program Development. "For many women, WWE Divas possess aspirational personalities because of their glamorous lifestyles and international stardom, but it's their genuine and dynamic personal lives that have truly captivated so many viewers."

The series was an instant hit with audiences, delivering 1.3 million total viewers in its debut, and has built week-to-week since with its most recent episode on 8/11/13 delivering 1.7 million viewers. The third episode of the show on 8/11 was its strongest yet in all key 18-34, 18-49 and 25-54 targets including women and men as well as households.

With only three episodes having aired, "Total Divas" has a lot more to share this season as the lines between the Diva personal lives and ring lives begin to get blurred. Nattie's (WWE Diva Natalya) relationship with her long-time fiancé WWE Superstar Tyson Kidd hits a rough patch as the flame that brought them together starts to flicker. What was supposed to be smooth sailing to a fairytale wedding has become a rocky road and a relationship in trouble. Meanwhile the devilish duo, "The Bella Twins," are separating for the very first time. Brie Bella is moving to a quieter home base in Phoenix with boyfriend WWE Superstar Daniel Bryan, which leaves her sister Nikki Bella and her boyfriend WWE Superstar John Cena living their life of luxury across the country in Tampa. The women also struggle to mend their strained relationship with their father, who was in and out of their lives growing up, and deal with body issues as Nikki gets dubbed "the fat twin" by "haters" on social media.

Tag-team partners Trinity (WWE Diva Naomi) and Ariane (WWE Diva Cameron) who make up "The Funkadactyls" are at odds when they begin to question what each other bring to the ring and how it will further their individual careers. On their own, Trinity is at odds with her fiancé WWE Superstar Jimmy Uso when she refuses to wear her engagement ring so she is more appealing to male fans, and Ariane is considering a breast augmentation which requires her to stop wrestling for an extended period of time, thus taking "The Funkadactlys" out of the spotlight they have worked so hard to get into.

Back at NXT, the WWE developmental system, the Divas-in-training are being put through the ringer at performance boot camp and while JoJo is questioning her dedication to becoming a Diva, fiery redhead Eva Marie is continuing to make herself known in the sports entertainment business for all the wrong reasons as she defies the rules set by WWE, flirts with veteran Superstars while hiding her engagement, bites off more than she can chew with performance promises she can't keep and bumps heads with the big bosses.

Total Divas is produced by WWE and Bunim-Murray Productions. Jon Murray, Gil Goldshein, Jeff Jenkins and Russell Jay are Executive Producers for Bunim-Murray Productions.

The fall premiere of "Total Divas" begins November 17th at 10pm ET/PT. And don't miss this summer's new episodes of "Total Divas" every Sunday at 10pm ET/PT on E!

So they filmed eight episodes to begin with. Nice. Set for a little while. Good that they got renewed and you can say it was kind of expected with the viewership the show has been getting. Going so far so good for the WWE. I am kind of enjoying the show myself seeing more of the divas lives and seeing the behind the scenes stuff.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I will say the 6 girls will get the benefit of this. The Bella Twins, Funkadacyls, and rookies are getting over. I doubt we expected what they got of the show, but it seems clear, they are focusing in on it over even the divas title. And guys like the Usos are magically getting TV now because of it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Not surprising considering the success. I haven't watched the show any though, so this news doesn't mean anything to me personally.

CGS

Reaction score
Very happy to hear this tbh. Can honestly say that I actually am a fan of the show.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I'd rather jump off the nearest bridge than watch this poor excuse for TV. I guess if it gets some people over its served its purpose, but its not for me.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No surprise here, ratings keep going up and it is closing in on the 2 million mark. Going to be a big boost for all involved, hopefully Natalya gets a proper gimmick and push later this year. Wonder how long it will be before Eva Marie and Jo Jo are fast tracked to the main roster. If I recall correctly Jo Jo will be singing the national anthem at SummerSlam but how long before they are a regular on RAW/Smackdown?

Does this actually air outside of the US?

CGS

Reaction score
[MENTION=2]Troy[/MENTION] Not sure if it airs in other countries but it doesn't air at all down here in the UK. We have to either stream it or watch it on Daily motion/YouTube the following day.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Having caught my first clips of it last night, it seems no different than many of these stuffy modern reality TV style shows. Therefore something I am happy to leave without.

rakat

Reaction score
I haven't watched it, yet. A few friends do, though. They keep telling me to check it out.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Rakat, did your friends mention some great matches on the show?