DTF: Destined To Fail

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Moonlight Drive

May sound morbid, but I was out of original names. Just from the get-go I’ll point out that after the first one or two shows when I establish the pecking order, this is going to be heavily promo based. I’m also cutting back on useless fluff that doesn’t really have anything to do with the show, eg. Wasting time describing pyro displays and commentator banter. Styles is just there because I needed somebody tbh, don’t know if he’ll any get any actually lines of dialogue. Anyhow, here we go~!

Commentator: Joey Styles
General Manager: John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield

Roster - W/L/D

AJ Styles - Face - 2/0/0
Alex Shelley - Face - 0/1/1
Booker T - Heel - 0/0/1
Bryan Danielson - Face - 0/1/0
Chris Hero - Heel - 1/0/0
Chris Jericho - Face - 1/1/0
Chris Sabin - Face - 0/1/1
CM Punk - Heel - 1/1/0
Edge - Heel - 0/2/0
Goldust - Face - 1/0/1
Hernandez - Face - 1/0/0
Jimmy Jacobs - Heel - 0/0/0
John Morrison - Face - 1/1/0
Kofi Kingston - Face - 1/1/0
Manu - Heel - 0/0/0
The Miz - Heel - 1/1/0
MVP - Heel - 0/0/1
Nigel McGuiness - Heel - 1/1/1
Rey Mysterio - Face - 1/1/0
Samoa Joe - Heel - 0/2/0
Sheamus - Heel - 1/1/1
Shelton Benjamin - Face - 1/0/1
Yoshi Tatsu - Face - 0/0/0
Zack Ryder - Heel - 0/2/0

Tag Teams/Stables/Alliances

Motor City Machineguns - Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin
The United Kingdom - Sheamus & Nigel McGuinness
Black Power - Booker T & MVP
The Gold Standard - Shelton Benjamin & Goldust

Championships

DTF Championship
Current Holder: CM Punk
Date Won: January 4, 2010
Event Won: Monday Night Explosion
Won From: First Champion, def. Chris Jericho, Edge and John Morrison in a Fatal 4 Way
Reign Number: 1
Successful Title Defences: 0

DTF United States Championship
Current Holder:
Date Won:
Event Won:
Won From:
Reign Number:
Successful Title Defences:

DTF Tag Team Championship
Current Holder:
Date Won:
Event Won:
Won From:
Reign Number:
Successful Title Defences:

Pay-Per-Views
* = Major Event

Origin - January 24, 2010
Broken Bones - February 21, 2010
Helter Skelter* - March 21, 2010
Physical Graffiti - April 18, 2010
Still Standing - June 8, 2010
Royal Rumble* - July 6, 2010
WrestleFest (Biggest Show Of The Year) - August 17, 2010
Redemption - September 14, 2010
The Man’s Machine - October 12, 2010
Fight Like A Brave*- November 3, 2010
Day Of Reckoning- November 30, 2010
Seasons Beatings - December 28, 2010

Wordlife

really digging the BTB my friend

You have a great roster going there, though kinda random

I laughed at a few things, not in a bad way though, like Black Power for example :shifty:

Your PPV names are funny/creative too

Keep up the good work so far, I'll be reading and commenting! Looks like you can have a good show here

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Ugh, no comedic BTB's please?

You say your cutting off useless fluff. But you have the rosters W/L/D up there? lol.

Roster looks great imo.

Black Power? Rlly? lol. Sheamus & Nigel is badass. Though I don't like Benjamin & Dust.

Looks good. Although I've never seen a BTB with the titles and wrestlers records last long. Goodluck.

seX-Power

For you, heavily promo based is good. Work to your strengths. Roster is cool (apart from some fat Samoans), and BLACK POWAH~! for the tag titles straps pls. Lol at Shelton being put in a jobber team as well. Also, with the Royal Rumble, couldn't you have chosen a more original name? Anyway, hopefully this one works for you, as this could be the one imo. It looks srs enough. Colours own too, good luck.

Moonlight Drive

News & Rumours

There were a lot of people who just missed the cut to make it on the DTF roster. If DTF doesn’t fulfil it’s destiny too quickly and goes on the roster will be getting a boost in around 2-3 months. Names that were high on the list were Tyler Black, if creative can come up with an angle for him, Claudio Castagnoli, Low Ki, Rhett Titus and Drew McIntyre. In the realm of tag teams, The Young Bucks are a very high chance to secure a contract when creative can find room for them, whilst their have also been talks of hiring The Briscoes, or bringing in superstars like Curt Hawkins and Homicide to team with their former partners.

-----

Preview
DTF Monday Night Explosion
January 4, 2010
Episode 1

Monday Night Explosion is set to kick off with a bang, with the DTF Champion to be crowned right away in the Main Event, a Fatal 4 Way match featuring The Straightedge Savior, CM Punk, Y2J, Chris Jericho, The Shaman Of Sexy, John Morrison and The Rated R Superstar, Edge. With … world titles between them, each of these four men will be vying for the right to become the first ever DTF Champion. But who will come out on top?

In one of the most original and shocking moves in professional wrestling history, the DTF United States Championship will be decided with a tournament. The Grand Final will take place at the first DTF Pay-Per-View, Origin. The four opening round matches will take place on tonight’s show, with Samoa Joe vs. Kofi Kingston, Chris Hero vs. Rey Mysterio, The Miz vs. Bryan Danielson and AJ Styles vs. Zack Ryder

Finally, the DTF Tag Team Championships are set to be decided at Origin as well, with the competitors in the match to be decided. That adds more ramifications to DTF Explosions tag team exhibition match between two young new teams, The United Kingdom, Sheamus & Nigel McGuinness, and The Gold Standard, Shelton Benjamin & Goldust. With both teams looking to impress, who will come out on top?

Known Card

Main Event
DTF Championship
Fatal 4 Way
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho vs. John Morrison vs. Edge

The United Kingdom vs. The Gold Standard

DTF United States Championship Tournament
Opening Round

Samoa Joe vs. Kofi Kingston

Chris Hero vs. Rey Mysterio

The Miz vs. Bryan Danielson

AJ Styles vs. Zack Ryder

Jimmy Jacobs, Booker T, MVP and many more also set to appear!

seX-Power

Fire the fuck out of Shelton and Goldust to make room for the Young Bucks and Low Ki in the BTB would also be awesome.

Main Event
DTF Championship
Fatal 4 Way

The others are epic, but Morrison is Morrison.

Just for the luls.

Opening Round

AJ Styles vs. Zack Ryder

What I think will happen. Samoa Joe's gonna win it all I bet.

Moonlight Drive

Was gonna wait till tomorrow or Monday, but I thought I better post it before I change my mind.

-----

January 4, 2010
Episode 1

Pyros, video, we all know what happens at the start of a wrestling show, why should I have to describe it. Joey Styles says some stuff and the show begins.

Samoa Joe makes the first entrance in Destined to Fail, for an opening round match in the DTF United States Championship Tournament. This isn’t pussy Joe, it’s hardcore gonna kill all you motherfuckers Joe. He gets in the ring, bubbling to the brim with intensity. In contrast to his opponent however, who comes jumping to the ring with a huge smile like he was just passing the dutchy to the left hand side backstage. It is of course Kofi Kingston, the Jamaican Sensation.

Opening Round

As Kingston climbs into the ring, he is kneed in the side by Samoa Joe. Joe drags Kingston over to the turnbuckle by the hair, before violently tossing him into said turnbuckle and unleashing with several powerful punches to the mid-section of Kofi, the intense Joe obviously having a gameplan from the onset to work over the body of Kofi. Joe then pulls Kofi slowly out of the corner, before attempting to lift him onto his shoulders for a Samoan Drop. Kingston frantically delivers elbows into the side of Joe’s head which causes the Samoan Submission Machine to drop Kofi behind him. The Jamaican Sensation waits for Joe to turn around before leaping high into the air and connecting with a dropkick to the face of Joe. The big islander is stunned and staggered but still on his feet, as Kofi bounces off the ropes and attempts a cross body. Joe is prepared however, and kicks Kingston in the sternum as he is in mid-air, sending the wind right out of him.

As Kofi struggles to breath on the mat, Joe doesn’t relent, with another stiff looking kick to the ribs. He then bounces off the ropes and drops his elbow onto the mid-section of Kofi, sending all the weight of his huge frame on the weakened area, before going for the cover immediately after. One, Two - No!

Joe angrily gets to his feet and stomps hardly on the ribs of Kingston, to much boos from the crowd, before lifting Kofi up and delivering a ring shaking Samoan Drop, sure to rattle the ribs of his adversary. One, Two - No! Joe is even angrier this time, thinking he’d secured the victory. After some time spent punching the mat and kicking the bottom rope, once again he pulls Kingston up to his feet, lifting him up onto his shoulders for the final curtain, the Muscle Buster. Joe however is countered, as Kofi manages to roll off the back and get Samoa Joe into a backslide pin! One, Two, Three!!!

Kofi Kingston wins by pinfall
Advancing To Tournament Semi-Finals: Kofi Kingston

Kingston scrambles to his feet clutching his ribs as the referee raises his arm in victory, but Samoa Joe is beside himself. Joe shoves the referee out of the ring and tackles Kofi to the mat, sending fist after fist into the face of The Jamaican Sensation. Joe then locks Kingston into the Coquina Clutch, adding a body scissors to further damage the ribs of Kofi. We can see all the air being strangled out of Kingston as the referee does his feeble best to pry Joe off. Kingston is visibly unconscious before Samoa Joe finally lets go, medics rushing to the ring as DTF gets off to an inauspicious start. Samoa Joe storms out of the ring in a rage as we’re thrown to commercial so the medics can attend to Kingston.

[Commercial Break]

When we come back to see the man touted as The Greatest Athlete in The World, That Young Knockout Kid, Chris Hero. He steps into the ring with a microphone, set to address the crowd before his match against Rey Mysterio.

Hero: For the unfortunate few that don’t know me, my name is Chris Hero. That’s a name you better remember, because pretty soon everybody in the wrestling world is going to be talking about That Young Knockout Kid, Chris Hero…the GREATEST athlete in the entire world! I can do things inside, and outside, this ring that the rest of you fools can only dream of. I’m the most physically gifted human being in the history of the universe, I can wrestle better than Bret Hart, I can hit harder than Mike Tyson, I can fly higher than a 747, I can move faster than Usain Bolt, I am quite simply, the greatest athlete in the entire world! And for those who doubt my prowess, you better pay VERY close attention to my match tonight.

The crowd boo the pompous Hero as Booyaka 619 plays, fan favourite Rey Mysterio coming down to the ring

Opening Round

As Mysterio stands across the other side of the ring approaching Hero, That Young Knockout Kid shows off with a forward handspring, getting right in the face of Mysterio. The crowd give Chris some more heat as he flexes his biceps, before pointing and laughing at the much smaller Mysterio. Rey starts off the action in the match swiftly after this with a kick to the hamstring of Hero, followed by a forearm to the face. Chris fires back with a forearm of his own, before trying to Irish whip Rey into the corner. Mysterio counters and throws Chris towards the corner instead, but Hero shows his athleticism by using the momentum to jump up onto the top turnbuckle and backflip over the head of Mysterio.

Rey is caught off-guard and as he turns around is hit with a snap DDT courtesy of That Young Knockout Kid. Hero steps to the side of Rey’s body and leaps into the air, hitting Mysterio with a standing moonsault. One, Two - No! Rey kicks out. As Mysterio gets to his feet, Chris rolls forward across the canvas in another chauvinistic display of athleticism, before leaping up and dropkicking his opponent. Mysterio is quickly back to his feet but Hero keeps up his assault with a discus elbow to the back of the head and goes for another cover. One, Two - No! Rey kicks out

Hero signals the end as he places Rey in position for the Hero’s Welcome. Rey battles out though before he manages to hit it, delivering a hurracanrana which sends Chris onto the second rope, in perfect position for the 619! Rey bounces off the ropes and dials up, only for That Young Knockout Kid to duck out of the way. Rey doesn’t let that setback slow him down, as he hit’s a quick roundhouse kick to the back of Hero’s head, sending him tumbling outside the ring. The Master Of The 619 charges across the ring and springboards from the top rope, crashing right into Chris Hero! Both men are dazed and confused on the floor as the referee begins to count.

Rey is up first and rolls Hero into the ring, before climbing onto the apron and spring boarding from the top rope, hitting a leg drop on Hero. One, Two - No! As the referee is counting, we see Jimmy Jacobs sneak to ringside from the crowd, as Mysterio dropkicks The Greatest Athlete In The World in the back to set him up for the 619. But as Rey bounces off the ropes, Jacobs grabs his foot to stop him and distract him, ala the various SvR games. Mysterio turns around and takes a swipe at Jacobs but the distraction lasted long enough as the crafty Hero grabs Rey and hit’s the Hero’s Welcome! One, Two, Three!!

Chris Hero wins by pinfall
Advancing To Tournament Semi-Finals: Chris Hero

As Hero celebrates the biggest singles win of his career, Jacobs climbs inside the ring with a steel chair. After a brief stare down with Hero, that Young Knockout Kid says ‘He’s all yours’ as he leaves the ring. The crowd boo vigorously as Jacobs begins to slam the chair into the battered body of Mysterio multiple times, before he lays the chair on the mat and grabs Rey by the head. Jacobs moves over to the corner before hitting the End Time. Jimmy stands over the body of Rey, basking in the heat from the crowd, as we head to commercial

[Commercial Break]

We head backstage where we see DTF backstage interview Johnathan Johnson standing by with The Miz

Johnson: Miz, up next you face Bryan Danielson-

The Miz: Who?

Johnson: Bryan Danielson

The Miz: Who the hell is Bryan Danielson?

Johnson: Well, um, he’s your opponent in the tournament

The Miz: I know that you idiot. I mean who the hell is this loser? What’s his story? And why does he get the right to face the PURE AWESOMENESS of the Miz? I’m a god damn celebrity, he’s some no-name indy loser they found on the side of the road. Can’t they ever find somebody who will give me a challenge?

Johnson: So you think this is going to be an easy match?

The Miz: Every match is easy for The Miz, douchebag! I’m just surprised that I would be forced to face such a lowly opponent, when I should be competing for the DTF Championship. It’s like they don’t want me to destroy all of their precious main eventers. Well you know what Johnny? I’m not gonna let those losers backstage hold me back anymore. I’m going to go into that ring, beat this random within an inch, WITHIN AN INCH, of his life because I’m the Miz and I’m…AWESOME!!

Miz storms off screen as we go to commercial

[Commercial Break]

We return to see The Miz making his way into the ring for his match against Bryan Danielson. The American Dragon makes his way to the ring afterwards, to a lot more fanfare than Miz anticipated.

Opening Round

It looks like the two superstars are going to shake hands, but Miz pulls his hand back at the last second and laughs cockily. After Miz’s laughter subsides, he and Danielson go to lock up. Miz obviously underrates Danielson, who quickly moves behind Miz and hits him with a hard german suplex. The two men get up to their feet and Bryan immeadiately cracks The Chick Magnet with a European uppercut, Mike Mizanin falling to the mat before rolling to the outside of the ring. He holds his jaw and is in an obvious state of shock at the ability of the American Dragon.

Danielson slides under the bottom rope to pursue Miz, who quickly runs around the corner and slides back into the ring. As Danielson slides back into the ring, The Chick Magnet begins to viciously stomp on his body, not giving Bryan a chance to get back in the match. Miz then grabs The American Dragon by the head and lifts him up, tossing him into the corner and beginning to unload with a series of lefts and rights to the body. Miz takes one mighty swing at the head of his adversary, but the attack is ducked and Bryan uses Miz’s momentum to swing him into the corner, before hitting a sizzling chop to the chest of the former reality star.

Miz stumbles out of the corner with a stinging red mark beginning to show on his chest, Danielson taking him down to the mat with a snap suplex before he goes for the cover, only to get a one count. The American Dragon doesn’t let up, putting Miz into a grounded crucifix before pounding elbow after elbow to the side of his skull. He goes for another cover but gets another two count.

In a move which pleases the crowd, who are now really getting behind Danielson, he goes to the top rope. The American Dragons emulates the late great Chris Benoit (we can say his name in DTF) with a flying headbutt, only for Miz to roll out of the way at the last second, Bryan crashing headfirst into the mat, a move that will probably cause him to kill his family one day. Miz decides to go for the finish now, pulling Danielson to his feet and placing him in position for the Skull Crushing Finale. Bryan fights out and tries to hit Miz with a forearm, only for the Reality Star to duck out of the way and place Danielson into a roll-up. The referee begins to count, but doesn’t see Miz has a handful of tights! One, Two, Three!

The Miz wins by pinfall
Advancing To Tournament Semi-Finals: The Miz

Miz quickly rolls out of the ring and runs up the ramp, Danielson standing on the top rope trying to goad him back into the ring. We hear Miz standing at the ramp screaming ‘I’m AWESOME!’ as he signifies he’s going to become United States Champion as we go to commercial

[Commercial Break]

We return as we see Shelton Benjamin wandering around backstage before entering a locker room, with the ‘GOLDUST’ emblazoned across the front.

Benjamin: Dude!

The camera peers inside as we see a naked Goldust, from behind, pulling on his wrestling trunks over his gold arse. Goldust storms over to Shelton and plants a firm slap across his face.

Goldust: Shelton! Didn’t your mother ever teach you to knock before entering!?

Benjamin: Yo dawg what the hell!

Goldust: I was na…n…n…n, I was n…, I was in my birthday suit

Benjamin: We’ve got a match man, just get ready

Goldust: I’m ready, there’s just one thing you have to do for me first

Benjamin: (sigh) What?

Goldust: I showed you mine, now you have to show me yours

Benjamin:
Show you my what?

Goldust: You know, your p…p…p…, your pe -

Benjamin: Whoa, I gotchu! No way, absolutely no way in hell that is EVER gonna happen, so just get your head in the game, come on we gotta go

Shelton leaves the room rather abruptly, Goldust looks rather confused

Goldust: He must have a really big p…p…p…personal locker room. What a w…w…w…, what an odd fellow

There’s a smattering of giggles in the crowd at my failed attempt at comedy as Goldust follows behind Shelton slowly as the team moves down the hall for their match

[Commercial Break]

We return to the show to see Shelton and Goldust standing in the ring, Shelton saying something to Goldust about focus. Sheamus & Nigel make their entrance now, looking very confident.

The match starts off between Sheamus and Benjamin, the pale ranga trying to grab Benjamin early-on, only for the Gold Standard to use his speed to evade capture. Shelton eventually acts like the red flag as he forces Sheamus to run into the corner by quickly stepping out of the way. Benjamin tags in Goldust to keep Sheamus locked in their corner. Goldust and Shelton hit some body shots before The Gold Standard runs back and delivers a Stinger Splash to Sheamus before stepping out of the ring, The Celtic Warrior stumbling away from the corner and getting hit with a spinebuster courtesy of Goldust. He covers, but just after one the powerful Sheamus throws him into the air like a ragdoll to kick out.

Goldust climbs to his feet and tags in Shelton, who quickly jumps into the ring and tries to stop Sheamus from making a tag. Shelton goes for a kick but is stopped, only to perform a dragon whip. Sheamus is prepared though and dodges the move, Benjamin crashing to the mat, being left at the mercy of The United Kingdom. The Celtic Warrior drags Benjamin to his corner and tags in Nigel McGuinness. Nigel unloads with some stomps, as does Sheamus before he leaves the ring, covering Shelton for a one count.

McGuinness lifts Benjamin to his feet and hits him with a cross chop to the throat as he tags Sheamus back in, the two Brits whipping Shelton into the ropes and hitting a double back body drop only for Shelton to land on his feet behind them! The crowd pop huge at this amazing display of athleticism, Shelton making the tag to Goldust without The United Kingdom even realizing. Nigel turns around and is quickly met with a Paydirt from Benjamin, as Goldust runs into the ring and takes Sheamus down with a clothesline. The Celtic Warrior hops right back up but is sent straight back down with another clothesline. Sheamus is beginning to get to his feet before he’s taken down by Goldust with a bulldog. The Bizarre One covers for a two count. He lifts Sheamus to his feet for the Golden Age (Reverse STO for all you newbs with lack of Goldust knowledge), but Sheamus hits some elbows to the head and fights out. He throws Goldust to the ropes and tries to hit him with The Celtic Kick, but the veteran dodges the move and manages to hit the Golden Age! Nigel runs into the ring but is just a second too late, Goldust getting the three count!!!

The Gold Standard win by pinfall

Nigel and Sheamus, even Shelton, are shocked at the victory. When Goldust gets up even he is amazed he got the victory. The referee raises their hands, when we hear the familiar ‘Can you dig it, suckaaaaaaa’ playing over the PA system, Booker T’s music hitting and Black Power coming down to the ring, holding lead pipes in hand

Booker T: What the hell is this shit?

MVP: Yo, I have had enough of being held down because of colour!

Booker T: All of the people out the back, all the people in this arena, all the people watching at home, you’re all RACISTS

MVP: Word. Except of you a brother, in which case, you’ll definitely be agreeing with what we go to say

Booker T: We’re both great wrestlers, but y’know what? We don’t get a match. We don’t even get any interview time. Who does? The palest whiteboys the company can find, even a freakin’ yellow guy. The only way a brother can get a match is if they do what Shelton did, trade in his negro heritage, dye his hair blonde and team up with somebody who isn’t black

MVP: This is disgraceful. I thought this was the 21s century, but apparently DTF is still in the dark ages. They still be treating us like slaves just because of the colour of our skin

Booker T: Yo dawgs, listen up cos I’m bout to holler something you don’t wanna miss. We aren’t going to be oppressed no more. I have a dream too, and that dream is too see all these racist mofo’s get exactly what’s comin’ to them! Can you dig that, suckas?

MVP suddenly swings his pipe and takes out Nigel, quickly followed by Goldust whilst Booker T simultaneously clobbers Sheamus. They once again take the microphones as Shelton stands, ready to fight

Booker T: Yo dawg, we saved you for last for a reason

MVP: You are the most disgraceful peace of crap on the planet, you a white sympathizer

Booker T: You traded in your negro card so you could fit in with these crackers, and you gonna pay dawg

Booker T and MVP both target Benjamin now, beating him down with their pipes as blood begins to spew from his forehead. Eventually they stop as the two superstars both stand in the centre of the ring, raising their fists in the air in the Black Power salute.

[Commercial Break]

We return to see Zack Ryder standing in the ring, as AJ Styles makes his entrance.

Opening Round
AJ Styles vs. Zack Ryder

This match is essentially a squash, which I don’t really want to write. Zack gets some offence in early-on, but after a minute or two AJ turns the tables and it’s all one way traffic from there. Styles hit’s all his signature moves and then gets the pin with the Styles Clash

AJ Styles win by pinfall
Advancing To Tournament Semi-Finals: AJ Styles

Joey reminds us that up next is our Main Event. OH MY GOD!

[Commercial Break]

Main Event
DTF Championship
Fatal 4 Way

The bell rings and the match is underway. Every man is on edge at first, not moving one way or the other. Suddenly, it all explodes. Morrison and Punk begin to trade flurries of fists while Jericho and Edge do the same on the other side of the ring. Punk forces Morrison down onto the bottom turnbuckle and begins to stomp viciously on the head and upper body of The Shaman Of Sexy. Y2J delivers a hard forearm which stumbles Edge, which he follows up with a springboard dropkick from the second rope. As Jericho begins to climb to his feet, Punk grabs him in a front facelock and begins to slam his knees into the facial features of The Ayatollah Of Rock n Rolla. Punk then clotheslines Jericho over the top rope, before flying through the ropes with a suicide dive. When the two opponents get to their feet they have no time to catch their breath, as John Morrison soars from the top rope and hit’s a Shooting Star Press onto both of them, all three men crashing to the outside floor!

Edge, being The Ultimate Opportunist, quickly grabs John Morrison and rolls him inside the ring before going for the cover. He only gets a two count, so he moves over to the corner and prepares to hit The Guru Of Greatness with his finishing move, the spear. The Rated R Superstar sprints forward, but Morrison leapfrogs over his head and Edge crashes face first into the second turnbuckle, overselling the move and bouncing back a fair way. As Edge sits up, Morrison bounces off the ropes and hits him with a hard knee to the face before going for the cover. One, Two - and Morrison is pulled out of the ring by CM Punk. Punk then whips John into the steel steps, The Shaman Of Sexy crashing backfirst into them, knocking them off their hinges on impact.

The Straightedge Savior has no time to capitalize though, as he is hit with a running bulldog by Chris Jericho. Y2J decides it’s time to use some weapons, which the crowd go nuts for, as he pulls a table out from under the ring and sets it up behind him. Jericho climbs onto the apron to go and focus on Edge, but he doesn’t realize the Rated R Superstar had already come to. The Ultimate Opportunist takes advantage of another great opportunity, spearing Jericho through the second rope and through the table that was just set up!! The crowd go wild for the table spot, as usual, as all four competitors are once again out on the floor.

Morrison and Punk both get to their feet quicker than the others. Punk charges at The Guru Of Greatness, but receives a drop toe hold that sends him face first onto the steel steps. Morrison then climbs up onto the apron as The straightedge Savior climbs to his feet. He springboards off the second rope with a moonsault, but Punk dodges the move and Morrison lands hard on the outside floor! Punk then throws his old enemy inside the ring and covers, only to get a two count. CM Punk then begins to slowly lift the deadweight of Morrison onto his shoulders for the GTS - but Edge slides back into the ring and hits him with the spear!! One, Two, Thr - No! Somehow, Jericho managed to make it there just in time, slamming his forearms into Edge’s back and breaking up the pin.

Y2J decides it’s time for him to try and get the win, placing Edge into the Walls of Jericho!! The Rated R Superstar is squirming and writhing in pain, but he can’t seem to make an inch. Just when it looks like The Ultimate Opportunist is going to tap out, John Morrison hits the Flying Chuck to the face of Y2J, breaking the hold and leaving all four men exhausted on the mat. Morrison rolls over to Punk and covers. One, Two - No! The Shaman Of Sexy crawls over to Edge, but still only gets a two count. He sees Jericho stirring and stomps on his body before dragging him over to the corner and even with possible broken ribs from the failed moonsault, hits the Starship Pain. It takes him a few moments to cover as he winces in pain, but eventually he tosses an arm over Jericho. One, Two, Thre - No!!! Chris gets his feet on the rope at two and eighty two eighty thirds, Morrisons dream of becoming a world champion snatched away from him at the last second.

As Morrison and Jericho lie almost lifeless on the mat, Punk and Edge begin to still. Edge rolls under the bottom rope and throws a steel chair into the ring, just as Punk is getting to his feet. The Rated R Superstar grabs Punk by the head and sets him up for an Edgecution onto the chair - but The Straightedge Savior back body drops Edge over his head and saves himself! Punk is exhausted as well as the crowd boo, the first ever Straight Edge World Champion lifting Edge up and hitting the GTS! Edge is busted open by the move, and his limp body rolls out of the ring. Before Punk can relax though, Chris Jericho runs forward and attempts a Codebreaker. Punk catches him though and dumps him over the top rope, leaving the final two superstars as Punk and Morrison.

CM Punk performs a throat slit taunt, the crowd giving him lots of heat for this, as he slowly raises The Shaman Of Sexy. Playing to the crowd doesn’t pay off though, as JoMo gets Punk into a small package!! One, Two, Thre - No! Once again, Morrison comes within a fraction of a millisecond of becoming DTF Champion for the first time. John is beside himself as he scoops up Punk and puts him in position for the Moonlight Drive. Quick as lightning Punk manages to counter, despite his intense exhaustion, and gets Morrison onto his fireman’s carry. GTS connects! Punk falls to the side, almost in as much pain from the move as Morrison is. The Straightedge Savior eventually manages to move over to a lifeless Morrison. One, Two, Thre - No! Y2J is once again the man who saves the match, managing to move Morrison’s foot onto the rope just in time and point it out to the referee.

Y2J slides back into the ring, before he drags Punk over to the centre of the ring. The King Of The World goes for the Lionsault, but Punk sticks his knees up! Somehow though, Jericho avoids the contact and grabs the legs of Punk instead, trying to roll him over for the Walls of Jericho. Punk counters into a small package! One, Two, Thr - No! Jericho kicks out!! Both men climb to their feet, Y2J slowly approaching Punk, only to get whacked in the face by the steel chair brought into the ring by Edge earlier. Jericho is groggy as hell as Punk follows this up with a kick to the balls to add insult to injury, Y2J falling to the mat. Punk lifts up Jericho and hits the GTS! There’s noone even remotely ready to break the pin up, as Morrison and Edge are both near unconscious. One, Two, Three!!

CM Punk wins by pinfall
NEW DTF Champion: CM Punk

The crowd boo heavily as CM Punk raises his arms in victory, climbing to the top rope with the championship belt in hand and confetti raining from the ceiling as the show ends.

[End]

----

Origin
January 24, 2010

Grand Final
Chris Hero/Kofi Kingston vs. AJ Styles/The Miz

TBD

The Rated R CMStar

You werent kidding about not writing/describing the unnecessary stuff.

Right from the get go you present Joe as his badass self. Really good move and this persona was further established in his match with Kofi Kingston. Not sure if Kofi winning was the right move as Joe was practically squashing him and got the win out of nowhere, then again Joe took his heat back with the post match attack.

Good Hero promo presenting him. I am not familiar with him so this promo allows me to get to know his gimmick. Rey Mysterio, well, I don't know how he will get booked in here but he certainly has some cred, so Jacobs is already fairly high in the card and Hero gets a nice win.

Miz and Bryan Danielson was an interesting match, as you managed to work around the big pink elephant in the room: Danielson can wrestle circles around Miz. I found it to the match of the night, even over the main event as it was truly a clash of styles, very interesting to read in general. Lol'd at the Benoit mention

Shelton was exactly in character but the reason for that is he doesnt have any character. Goldust was Gold, pun intended :shifty:

The match itself was good, the ending accomplished its goal because I was indeed shocked at the Gold Standard getting the win. By the time Booker T started talking I realized this certainly wasn't PG, lol. Promo started a little weird but then it got on track and was the highlight of the show by the time it had ended. I am not sure MVP should keep the "Montel Vontavious Porter" name in this gimmick though. Antonio Banks seems more fitting.

Zack Ryder jobbing was plain wrong. Woo Woo Woo You know it.

I was a little surprised to see such a big of match to be the main event for the TV Show, getting practically thrown in there with practically no hype. I think the fact that there was 3 heels in this match hurt it a little to me, but it still had some nice spots. Morrison was his usual big spot wasting self, and I lol'd at him doing a springboard moonsault during a match with Jericho involved. TBH, anybody winning this match would have been awesome...well except it would have gone to the Palace of Wisdom. CM Punk as champion will be great.

It was a good show. For the sake of reading and I am sure that for writing, the announcers and describing pyro and that type of stuff were not needed, but for the kayfabe show and maybe get a little more into the show, it was needed. Not missing it much though. A match heavy show favoring them over promos, but i guess that will happen until you do what you said (establish the pecking order) and then we are off to promos, which will be great considering the guys you have on your roster.

The Rated R CMStar

Just saw the rep comment. You have Jericho listed as a heel.

y2j__legend

Reaction score
First off, pink? :p

DTF Explosion

Good idea to cut out the commentary, pyro and shit. I wouldn’t have read it anyway.

Own all fuckers Joe is a good decision IMO, and the contrasting characters of Kingston and Joe should make the match an interesting contest. Another good decision here to have Joe charge at Kingston from the get go, shows he is epic sereose. I would have liked to see Joe have a little more of the advantage in the early going before Kingston began to mount a comeback, although that’s just me. Possibly a few more power moves by Joe would have been better IMO, since all he got in were knees and some punches before Kofi got back into the match. The cross body reversal into a stiff kick straight to the ribs was a pretty good decision and would have been pretty good to see as well tbh. Joe getting in a Samoan Drop and a few more power moves was good to see in the latter stages, but having Kingston win after only getting a dropkick in? Bad decision imo, should have either had Kingston get more offence in, or have Joe just win the match. Kingston getting owned after the match makes him looking weak as well tbh, but it also makes Joe look like even more of a crazy fucker :). However, like I said, a few poor decisions here IMO, I was hoping for a Joe title reign, but hopefully this leads to an upper midcard to main event push.

I’m not too familiar with the work of Chris Hero so I can’t really comment on the promo here, but I just hope he owns the shit out of Mysterio :D. A win here would definitely get Hero over with Rey being loved by everyone, and I LOL’ed silently at the handspring :shifty:. Mysterio getting the kick to the hamstring in gets a little repetitive since it happens like every match with Mysterio >_>, but the backflip over Mysterio’s head into the Spike/Snap DDT was something I was a fan of. So I don’t get repetitive I’ll say this now; if Hero was a champion or had a shorter nickname {e.g. Christian’s ‘Instant Classic’}, then using one of those would be better, but That Young Knockout Kid and the Greatest Athlete in the World just takes away from the match tbh. Back to the match, Hero’s Welcome into the 619 attempt was fairly nice as well, and I would have liked the Suicide Dive if it wasn’t Mysterio doing it :p. Jimmy Jacobs? K. Jacobs against Mysterio seems like a good feud for Jacobs and it advances Hero in the tourney, which is a good decision in my eyes :y:. So, apart from the nickname shizz, good match :y:. Oh ye, yay, Mysterio got ownt.

Nice and in character Miz promo here, and yeh, I marked for calling Johnathan Johnson a douchebag~! Miz vs. Danielson should be epic, and hey, it’s up next. I kind of expected something like the Miz being owned by Danielson in the early going since the Miz thinks his some ‘no name Indy loser’, so good choice for an opening here. The sliding into the ring by the Miz followed by the stomping is trademark, so once again a good decision here albeit expected, as was the chop reversal by Danielson in the corner. Danielson having the advantage before losing it in the Headbutt was a good decision imo instead of having dirty tactics by the Miz, and, even though it’s pretty cruel, I still LOL’ed at:

The American Dragons emulates the late great Chris Benoit (we can say his name in DTF) with a flying headbutt, only for Miz to roll out of the way at the last second, Bryan crashing headfirst into the mat, a move that will probably cause him to kill his family one day.

TBH, I wasn’t a fan of the closing stages. Yeh, you didn’t want to have Danielson job cleanly, but the first match you had a roll up out of nowhere, and now you had the Miz get the win after ducking a mere forearm and getting a roll up with the tights.

I LOL’ed once again at the backstage segment with Benjamin and Goldust. It was a great segment for a jobber tag team. Too bad Benjamin has no charisma >_>.

I marked for the pale ranga reference tbh :p. Also, I want to point out that I have difficulty in making the openings of my matches bland and all the same, so kudos to you for managing to make them all different, innovative and exciting. Shelton taking most of the offence is something which I’m not a fan of though, as even though he is somewhat of a botching jobber, Goldust is just plain shit tbh. McGuiness going for the pin after a series of stomps? Meh. Shelton landing on his feet after a Double Back Body Drop probably would have ended in a botch but it was the usual ATHLETICISM~! spot for Benjamin, and the tag out was good to see. Shelton laying out McGuiness with the Paydirt was nice instead of the usual clothesline over the top rope taking both men out, but two things I’m a bit iffy on. 1) Calling Goldust a veteran? Lolol. 2) Goldust getting the pin over Sheamus? No [/Tomko]. Anyway, Booker and MVP owning the 4 others in the ring was a not so nice touch, but Booker and MVP shouldn’t be stuck with such jobbers TBH.

AJ Styles vs. Zack Ryder... WHADDA MATCH~! Now, with Hero, Kingston, the Miz and Styles through to the second round, I see that you most likely put Kingston over Joe to even the ledger between heels and faces, yet Joe could have swapped with the Miz and Danielson could have taken the place of Kingston. That, or you just had Kingston get owned by Joe so that his opponent for the semi finals gets a free spot into the final. I’m thinking the latter TBH, but I won’t be surprised if the first one was the case.

Three heels against one face is something I don’t like to see, but then again, who else is there to be in the main event if the other upper midcard faces were in the US Title tournament? Great to see this match is in full BTW. Like I said before, the usage of nicknames is fine, like Morrison’s Shaman of Sexy, but the Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla just takes away from the match TBH. SHOOTING STAR PRESS PLANCHA~! Markage. Great way to end an exciting opening, and of course, Morrison is seemingly going to be the big time face in this thread for the time being. Surprising? Hardly >_>. Springboard Knee to the Face sounds rather epic, yet a Flying Chuck was expected here, although I can see it coming later on in the match since it wasn’t used here. Not too often you see a table used in a Fatal Four Way Match as although it is under no disqualifications, there’s normally only a chair or a low blow involved tbh -.-. Massive Spear through the table off the apron? Normally only used in hardcore stipulations ala Mick Foley vs. Edge without the fire, and it was used very early in the match TBH, so even though I’m a mark for Edge, Jericho and table spots, a bit iffy on that decision. The Moonsault miss if I recall correctly was used by London a few years ago yet I’m a fan of it, but how the hell would Edge recover that quickly after doing the Spear, and how would Jericho recover? There’s that Boston Crab which you said appears on every show :p. Once Jericho locked in the Walls of Jericho, I could see the previously avoided Flying Chuck coming here and I wasn’t disappointed, especially since I mark for Morrison. John going for the pin on Punk and Edge only to fail at the count of two was a nice touch IMO, and the foot on the rope after a Starship Pain put Jericho just a little bit more over IMO, so yay. LOL, eighty two eighty thirds :p. I would have marked for a Con Chair To attempt for Edge but it seems as though that isn’t happening, as Punk is going all Benoit now after the slitting the throat. After being put into a Small Package, Morrison wouldn’t be able to have Punk in prime position following it, so I was expecting a power move by Morrison to catch Punk off guard, as the usual Moonlight Drive into GTS reversal happens, but Jericho saves the day yet again. However, if you are to have Morrison as the main event face, a kick out from a big move could have possibly been an option here just to put him even more over. With my love for Jericho, I mark most times when I see the Lionsault reversal into the Walls of Jericho attempt, and I LOL’ed at the two getting up before Punk owned Jericho with a chair shot out of nowhere. GTS connects and Punk gets the win, but Edge had been knocked out for like 4 minutes after a GTS. He probably should have at least been beginning to stir, unless he actually was asleep >_>. Any of the four men winning here I would have been a fan of as the World Champion, and it was a good decision to not have Morrison involved in the finish, as he seems as though he will be the next contender to Punk’s championship. IDK what Jericho and Edge will get up to though, a face turn for Jericho perhaps? Dunno, but I can’t wait for next week and the shows following this one.

Great first show for the company Pat, although where was JBL? As General Manager and it being the first show of the company, you would expect him to have a say in a show dominated by matches. It will be interesting to see where you go from here with the most likely Straight Edge Celebration being interrupted by Morrison, although for some reason I sense a Christian arrival. I’m probably wrong though :p. Anyway, great show like I said apart from a few small gripes, and I’ll be reading.

EDIT- Like CMS, I saw the rep comment about Jericho being a face. Morrison vs. Edge and Jericho vs. Punk IMO.

Moonlight Drive

/facepalm @ me accidentally writing up Jericho as a heel.
Oh and btw, it's not Pink. It's a much manlier colour, magenta.

News

Samoa Joe has been suspended for one week after his post-match attack on Kofi Kingston last week. Speaking of which, Kingston has suffered internal injuries but should be prepared to go back into the ring in 2-3 weeks. Against doctors advice however, Kofi has refused to abandon his match and will compete against Chris Hero this week on Explosion.

Preview
January 11, 2010
Episode 2

After an explosive show last week, what will happen on this weeks edition, when all the emotions from Episode 1 bubble over?

CM Punk has been crowned as the DTF Champion after a blockbuster Fatal 4 Way, with all four men putting in a mathematically impossible 120%. After a long match of broken tables, broken ribs and broken dreams, CM Punk stood tall following a steel chair, low blow and of course his trademark Go To Sleep. This week, CM Punk has his official championship inauguration. If history has taught us anything, it’s that these things never go off without a hitch. Will a challenger step up to ruin CM Punk’s Official Championship Inauguration?

The United States Championship Tournament continues this week with it’s Semi-Finals. The Greatest Athlete In The World, Chris Hero, collides with the Jamaican Sensation, Kofi Kingston, who has vowed to compete despite still being in immense pain from the attack by Samoa Joe last week. AJ Styles also faces The Miz, who stole the victory last week against Bryan Danielson. The winners will advance to Origin on January 24 to fight to become the first United States Champion.

The tag teams who will be competing for the DTF Tag Team Championships at Origin are still to be decided, so there’s a lot to prove for The United Kingdom and the Motor City Machineguns when they do battle this week. Who will impress JBL enough to make it into the match?

After his heinous and unprovoked attack on Rey Mysterio last week, many people are looking for answers from Jimmy Jacobs. This week on Explosion, Jacobs has promises to reveal his motives.

Known Card

CM Punk’s Championship Inauguration

Main Event
Motor City Machineguns vs. The United Kingdom

Semi-Finals

Kofi Kingston vs. Chris Hero

The Miz vs. AJ Styles

Jimmy Jacobs explains his actions

Edge, John Morrison, Chris Jericho, Booker T, MVP, Rey Mysterio and many more also set to appear!

Moonlight Drive

I’ve had most of this written for about a month, but I had what I guess you could call bookers block. Rather than try and labour through the two matches in question, I thought I’d just write them in short. I enjoy telling stories and developing characters much more than the constant monotony of match-writing, so this may be the way I write all TV matches in future, with the exception of major matches. We’ll see.

----

DTF Explosion
January 11, 2010
Episode 2

‘Metalingus’ plays over the PA system, a sizable amount of heat coming from the crowd as the Rated R Superstar, Edge, comes down to the ring looking mighty pissed off. The crowd begin a loud ‘You Suck’ chant as he steps into the ring.

Edge: Do you really think I care about what you losers think? There’s only one thing on my mind right now…

Edge seems to get angrier, running his hands through his hair and tugging it a bit as well

Edge: How I was freakin’ ROBBED last week! I should be the DTF Champion right now, that belt should be around my waist! The only reason it isn’t is because for some stupid reason, the match was made a Fatal 4 Way. I could’ve beaten any of those guys one-on-one, I can beat ANYBODY one-on-one. In fact, I have beaten all those guys one-on-one, so why should I even have to prove I’m championship material? I’m out here tonight to dem-

Edge is cut off by the familiar music of John Morrison, The Shaman Of Sexy getting a large ovation as he comes down to the ring

Morrison: Edge, do you ever stop whining?

Edge is about to reply but Morrison cuts him off again

Morrison: Or is this just your time of the month?

Crowd laugh as Edge is furious, yelling ‘Shut up!’ off the mic

Morrison: It must be, because something’s messing with your head, since you claim to have beaten everybody in last weeks Main Event one-on-one, but you’re dead wrong on one thing: you’ve never beaten me.

Morrison is about to continue when Edge knocks the microphone out of his hand and gets in his face

Edge: Who the hell do you think you are? I’m the Rated R Superstar, I’m a 6 time World champion, one of the most decorated champions in professional wrestling history, and you have the audacity to speak to me like that? Who are you, huh? You’re nobody that’s who, you’re just another young punk who wants to make his name by going up against the best.

Morrison: And you’re just another superstar who’s past his prime and is still trying to hang onto a career which is slipping through his fingers as a new generation of wrestlers are ready to take his spot.

Edge: Is that what you think? I’m better than I’ve ever been John, and there’s one thing you better understand before your head gets too big, you will NEVER be able to beat me

Morrison: Is that so? Well why don’t we find out?

The crowd pop huge at the prospect of John Morrison and Edge facing off against each other for the first time, the Rated R Superstar pondering the challenge put in front of him. Before he can respond, we hear the music of Explosion General Manager, John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield

JBL: Boys, I really like that idea you got goin’ there. The Guru of Greatness, John Morrison going one-on-one with the Rated R Superstar, Edge! God damn, I can hear the money rolling in already. Why don’t we make it official then. At Origin, for the first time ever, John Morrison faces Edge!

The crowd pop even bigger now the match has been set, Edge and Morrison immediately staring each other down as JBL goes back to the backstage area. In a show of respect, John Morrison extends his hand. The Rated R Superstar actually accepts, to everyone’s surprise, shaking the hand of Morrison. Suddenly it becomes evident that The Ultimate Opportunist had just created another opportunity for himself, kicking The Guru Of Greatness right in the balls. Morrison falls to the mat, the crowd giving Edge heat as he chuckles maniacally at the fallen body of The Shaman Of Sexy

[Commercial Break]

We come back to see The Greatest Athlete In The World, Chris Hero, standing in the ring as he awaits his opponent, Kofi Kingston. Kingston begins to make his way down to ring, with taped up ribs and still in visible pain as he steps into the ring

Semi-Final
Kofi Kingston vs. Chris Hero

Kofi and Chris go to lock-up, only for the latter to send a hard fist into the injured ribs of Kingston. The Jamaican Sensation stumbles back, using the ropes to hold himself up as Hero gloats, showing his athleticism to the crowd with a handspring. After a smattering of heat he rushes at Kofi, who is well prepared, back body dropping his opponent over the top rope and down to the floor! Kingston winces as his ribs give him pain, before going over to the other side of the ring. He sprints across and flies through the ropes with a suicide dive - but Hero dives out of the way, Kingston crashing rib first onto the outside floor! Kofi rolls around on the floor in pain as his adversary takes advantage, quickly pulling Kingston to his feet and putting him in a front facelock. He raises The Jamaican Sensation up, before dropping his chest across the barricade.

Hero sneers as Kofi screams in agony, rolling him back inside the ring. On his way back into the ring, Hero uses the top rope to flip over much to the crowds chagrin, as he shows off once again. Chris moves over to Kingston and goes for the cover. One, Two - no! Kofi kicks out. Hero is still very confident though, not getting frustrated at all, before getting up and delivering a standing moonsault. One, Two - no! Kingston once again manages to kick out. Hero decides it’s time to go even higher risk, climbing up to the top rope, before taunting the crowd heavily. He leaps off with another moonsault - but Kofi rolls out of the way! Hero hit’s the mat hard as Kofi pulls himself up to his feet with the ropes. Chris slowly climbs to his feet but is hit with a dropsault, The Jamaican Sensation beginning to gain steam. He clutches at his rips shortly before bouncing off the ropes, hitting the Boom Drop before going for a cover. One, Two - No! Hero kicks out

Kofi stands up, grabbing at his ribs once again, trying to regain his breath. Kofi begins to clap and hype up the crowd, preparing for the Trouble In Paradise. Kofi goes for it, but Hero, in a scene reminiscent of Samoa Joe last week, kicks Kofi in the ribs in mid-air. Kingston is breathing extremely heavily as he tries to catch his breath, Chris lifting him up by the head and delivering the Hero’s Welcome for the three count.

Chris Hero wins by pinfall
Advancing to Grand Final: Chris Hero

The crowd boo heavily as Hero celebrates obnoxiously, performing a forward handspring before jumping up to the top rope and celebrating. We see an image of Kofi writhing on the mat in pain as we head to commercial, Chris Hero now with a chance to become the first ever United States Champion at Origin.

[Commercial Break]

We return to see Jimmy Jacobs standing inside the ring with a microphone in hand, preparing to speak. There’s a small pocket of fans chanting ‘You Suck’, although the rest of them don’t really give a shit about Jacobs yet.

Jacobs: A lot of people seem to be unhappy about what happened to Rey Mysterio last week. These people, are of course, idiots, fools, imbeciles, just like all of you! They act as if what I did was unprovoked, like it was unnecessary. Let me tell you, Rey Mysterio has deserved that for a long time coming. Last week, Jimmy Jacobs made a statement. A statement that shall resonate through the halls of DTF’s history for as long as it lives. That moment will mark the beginning of my crusade, my crusade to cleanse the wrestling world and usher in a new age. The age of the fall, the age of Jacobs! Rey represents everything that’s wrong with the world right now, everything that’s wrong with you people in the crowd. Mysterio is flashy and overcompensating, a chauvinistic little man who feeds off the adulation of others. Rey is a DOG, a dog begging you, his masters, to look after him and care for him and make him feel loved. Make him try and believe that he actually has a purpose in life, just like you people try to do everyday. You work hard and try to please your boss, your friends, your friends, your partner, and all for what? Rey hides behind a mask, just like the proverbial masks all of you hide behind, afraid of judgment. Well Jimmy Jacobs isn’t afraid to show his true colours, Jimmy Jacobs isn’t afraid to speak the truth. I was sent here to usher in this new age, and that’s exactly what I’m going to do

The heat gets bigger with every word, as Jacobs pauses and sneers maniacally

Jacobs: The new age is going to begin with it’s first sacrifice: Rey Mysterio. That’s why I’m challenging that slimy Mexican dog to a match to Origin. Mysterio, if you’re back there, now’s the time to prove you’re not a complete coward.

Jimmy stares down at the ramp, waiting for the imminent arrival of Rey Mysterio. The crowd pop huge as Rey sneaks in from the crowd, dropkicking Jimmy Jacobs in the back and setting him up for the 619. Mysterio bounces off the ropes, but Jimmy manages to scramble under the bottom rope and halfway up the ramp. Rey picks up the microphone dropped Jacobs

Mysterio: Jimmy…I accept!

The crowd pop and Rey drops the mic, climbing up on the turnbuckle and staring down with Jacobs, who smiles sinisterly as we head to commercial

[Commercial Break]

We come back from the break with The Miz making his entrance, followed by AJ Styles, ready for the second Semi-Final.

Semi-Final
The Miz vs. AJ Styles

The Miz gets right on the attack early-on, assaulting Styles as he enters the ring. Styles fights back with his trademark high flying moves, but Miz gains control when he dodges a pele, which causes AJ to hurt his knee. Miz begins to work over the knee, before preparing AJ for the Skull Crushing Finale. The Final Countdown plays over the PA, Miz dropping AJ to the mat and moving over to the ropes facing the ramp. He begins to stare down with The American Dragon, who walks out onto the stage. The staredown continues for a while, before Miz turns around and gets hit with a Styles Clash. One, Two, Three!

AJ Styles win by pinfall
Advancing to Grand Final: AJ Styles

[Commercial Break]

We head backstage where we see JBL sitting at his desk signing some very official looking business papers. The Miz storms into the room, still dripping with sweat, in a fit of rage. He sweeps all of the papers off of JBL’s table, getting the attention of the General Manager

Miz: Did you just see that!? Did you just see what happened to me?

JBL: Back up there big boy, I saw what happened and I ha-

Before JBL can continue, Miz cuts him off, still furious about getting a taste of his own medicine

Miz: You’ve got to suspend him, fire him, get him off MY show!

JBL: Shut your mouth Miz or you’ll be the one getting suspended, got it?

Miz stays completely silent, seemingly understanding

JBL: That’s much better. Now as I was going to say before you so rudely interrupted, I have a solution. I think both you and Bryan are extremely talented, so there’s only one way to settle this: in the ring. The Miz, Bryan Danielson, Origin!

Miz is about to speak, but JBL cuts him off again

JBL: Get the hell outta here before I decide that suspending you is a better option

As Miz leaves the room, Booker T and MVP storm in, just as angrily as Miz did

[B]Booker:[/B] Yo John, what the hell dawg? We get stiffed two weeks in a row?

MVP: You got a problem with us or something cracker? Admit it, you a racist!

JBL: Booker, Montel, let’s think about this rationally. If I was a racist, why would I even hire you in the first place?

Booker: So you could hold us down sucka! Do you get some kinda sick xenophobic thrill outta this? Huh? Do ya!?

JBL: Boys, I don’t have a problem with you. But I do have something I know is gonna cheer you up. I honestly can’t separate the great tag teams we got here in DTF, so at Origin, you’ll all get a chance to go with the lights on bright, in a Fatal 4 Way Elimination match for the DTF Tag Team Championship. The United Kingdom, Motor City Machineguns, The Gold Standard and of course, Black Power! How d’ya like that one boys?

Booker: Why’d you say our name last dawg? Just admit it, it’s ‘cause we black!

JBL: That’s got nothing to do with it guys. And just a little FYI; if I see you anywhere near that ring tonight, you’ll be our of that match

MVP: Yo Book let’s go, I’ve had enough of this racist keeping’ us down with his prejudiced booking

Booker:
Word. Now let’s go get some KFC

[Commercial Break]

It’s MAIN EVENT~! time, as we see The United Kingdom making their way down to the ring, hoping to bounce back after their loss to The Gold Standard last week.

Main Event
The United Kingdom vs. Motor City Machineguns

Even match. Both teams get a good chance to show what they can do, with neither really dominating proceedings. Sheamus gets the pinfall with a Celtic Cross on Chris Sabin.

The United Kingdom win by pinfall

[Commercial Break]

When we return from commercial, we see the ring covered by a black mat, the General Manager, John ‘Bradshaw’ Layfield standing in the ring beside a small table, the DTF Championship belt sitting atop it.

JBL: Ladies and gentlemen, last week our DTF Champion was crowned

The crowd boo at the mention of CM Punk

JBL: Now you may not like him, but he won the match and I for one am proud to say that our first ever DTF Champion is the one and only, CM Punk!

‘This Fire Burns’ plays as CM Punk walks out onto the ramp, pyrotechnics exploding all around him. Confetti and balloons begin to fall from the ceiling as Punk moves down the ramp, the crowd booing almost as loud as Punk’s theme music as he climbs into the ring. JBL shakes his hand before picking up the championship belt

JBL: I proudly present this belt to you, CM Punk, the first ever DTF Champion!

The crowd boo heavily as John hands the belt to the Straight Edge Savior, who raises it above his head

JBL: Got a few words, champ?

As he usually does, Punk has plenty of things to say, taking the microphone off JBL

Punk: You people make me sick

The crowd boo as CM Punk goes right for the jugular

Punk: You finally have a champion with honour, a champion with dignity, a champion that you can be proud of. And you boo me? You BOO me? I am everything you wish you were, everything your kids should want to grow up to be. See kids, you don’t have to give into the vices and addictions like all these poor afflicted souls in the crowd. You don’t have to drink, you don’t have to smoke, you don’t have to inject foreign substances into your body. I am the perfect physical specimen, 100% addiction free, which I can’t say for the rest of the people in this arena

The crowd boo heavily again

Punk: Oh, don’t you like that? Look at yourselves. Look at the people next to you. Chugging down a beer for no other reason than because you want to fit in. Or what about all the people who are puffing on a cigarette, the weak-minded fools who simply cannot get through the day without inhaling thousands of deadly toxins. Or even worse are the junkies, who are just itching to get out of here so they can get a fix. You people make me sick to the stomach, a whole generation of young people are grow up thinking that drinking yourself to an early grave is ‘normal’ and ‘cool’. Well I’m hear to tell you, it’s not cool at all. All you people in the crowd are just going to become statistics, statistics of lung, throat and liver cancer. Statistics of drink driving deaths. Statistics of overdoses. And you know what? I’ll still be right here, ready to say I told you say over your broken bodies. Ready to tell you how straight edge means I’m BETTER than you

‘Break The Walls Down’ plays to a substantial ovation, The Ayatollah Of Rock ‘N’ Rolla, Chris Jericho, coming down to the ring, microphone in hand.

Jericho: That’s right, kids really do now have a GREAT role model. See kids, even if your drug free and a champion at whatever you do, you can still look like a homeless man who hasn’t shaved or showered since he was 17. That was obviously CM Punk’s childhood dream and he achieved it.

Punk: (chuckles) Oh, you’re very funny, aren’t you Chris? But can’t you see what you’re doing? You’re enabling these people, these poor, weak-minded people, whom you seem to love so much. They all laugh at your low brow humour, drink another beer and hop into their car. They think to themselves about your jokes rather than my message, and they get onto the road, intoxicated beyond all comprehension. And that’s when lives are lost. Until these people start to listen to me and forg-

Jericho: Why don’t you just shut the hell up?

Big pop from the crowd

Jericho: Why are other peoples lives any of your business? I can’t change them, you can’t change them. The way the fans choose to live their lives is none of my business. I’m hear to compete, I’m hear to entertain, not here to preach about how my lifestyle is superior to everyone else’s. Some people do enjoy a drink every now and a then, like I’ve heard you enjoy the soft, tender touch of another man who enjoys the same ‘lifestyle’ as you do

Punk: (chuckles sarcastically) Another joke, you are full of surprises aren’t you Chris? Trying to insinuate I’m a homosexual, you’re hardly the wittiest fool I’ve come across. But Chris, I can help you. I can offer you a life where you aren’t a slave to your addictions, when you’re not a slave to the people. Join me Chris, we could do something wonderful.

Jericho: Step back there, I don’t swing that way!

Crowd laugh, we even see a little giggle from JBL

Jericho: But there is one thing I’d like to do to you…kick you ass!

Y2J swings his right hand, taking the champion down to the mat to a huge pop. JBL calls for security as Y2J places Punk in the Walls of Jericho, the DTF Champion screaming in pain. The security pull Jericho off and drag him to the corner of the ring, the rest of the guards subduing Punk, who is now just as ready to fight as his enemy. The show goes off the air with Jericho and Punk staring down in the middle of the ring, held back by a sea of guards.

[End]

----

Origin
January 24, 2010

John Morrison vs. Edge

United States Championship Tournament
Grand Final
Chris Hero vs. AJ Styles

Jimmy Jacobs vs. Rey Mysterio

Fatal 4 Way Elimination
The United Kingdom vs. Black Power vs. The Gold Standard vs. Motor City Machineguns

seX-Power

I'm gonna try a different reviewing style today.

The Great: The finishing promo was truly exceptional. Punk's lines were 100% in character and Jericho as a face with a witty, sarcastic type of character was great to read. You nailed both guys and the only real fault in the promo was that I would like to see more of a beat down at the end. The promo by Black Magic was also rather hilarious, and not just because of the mention of KFC. You could make these two guys the centrepiece of this BTB; they're that good tbh. The Jacobs promo was rather excellent as well, and giving Mysterio as little dialogue as possible was the right move to make in this circumstance.

The Good: The opening promo with Edge and JoMo was good, but not as much as the three I mentioned before. It kinda just seemed like Generic Heel vs Generic Face at times and seemed like an uninspired way to make a PPV match. The Miz/JBL promo also had no complaints from me but it was very forgettable and was just there to have the match announced. The opening match was good, even though I may just be saying that in comparison to the other two on the card. I liked the clean ending and it puts Hero over as a serious competitor.

The Bad: The Miz/Styles match could have been so much more. Even as a recap the parts you recapped wouldn't have gone much longer than 5 minutes. Either do an appropriate recap or just write a few lines for the ending. The redeeming factor of this was the Miz/Danielson exchange at the end. Also, I think that announcing 5 matches for the one PPV on this show was a bit much. You seemed to rush into matches like Edge/Morrison and Jacobs/Mysterio as I think a bit of build before the matches were announced could be utilised for both.

The Ugly: That main event was just shit. It would have taken less than a minute to at least knock it up to 'bad' (or the same standard as Miz/AJ). Stuff like this shows that you don't care. Also, only 3 matches altogether disappointed me, you could have added in another; even something simple like Jacobs squashing Yoshi Tatsu. Even though you're much better at promos doesn't mean you should neglect the matches.

All in all, an up and down show. The promos were all good to great, but none of the matches made me care at all tbh. A really disappointing main event almost ruined the show for me before you made up for it with that great promo at the end. Overall, I think that your shows are unbalanced with promos and matches and you could look into fixing that to make reading more enjoyable.

Moonlight Drive

News + Notes

Samoa Joe will return to action after his suspension, but the repercussions of his attack on Kofi Kingston on Explosion two weeks ago aren’t quite over. After the injury which was inflicted by Joe cost Kingston his shot at the United States Championship, Kofi has requested a one-on-one encounter with Samoa Joe. JBL has obliged and has added the match to the Origin card.

DTF Monday Night Explosion Preview
January 18, 2010
Episode 3

Just 6 days away from Origin’s PPV debut, tensions are set to boil over. But who will gain the upper hand heading into their pay-per-view matches? Find out this Monday night

After his championship inauguration was ruined by Chris Jericho, the DTF Champion, CM Punk, was less than pleased to say the very least. CM Punk is set to kick off the show, but just how will he react to the humiliation he suffered last week? And will we see another appearance by the Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla?

Samoa Joe returns to action after a weeks suspension, in action against the high-flying Rey Mysterio. Rey is going to be facing off against Jimmy Jacobs, who has the night off this week, at Origin, but facing Samoa Joe is hardly a warm-up match. Joe will be facing Kofi Kingston at Origin, and this match is a chance to show there’s no ring rust after his week off. Kofi Kingston learnt first hand what Samoa Joe can do, and it’s possible Rey Mysterio could suffer the same fate. There’s a lot riding on this match, but can the heart of Rey Mysterio overcome the agression of Samoa Joe?

The Miz was furious about getting a taste of his own medicine courtesy of Bryan Danielson, and the two are set to collide in the ring at Origin. But before then, The Miz has invited The American Dragon onto The Dirt Sheet. Both men are eager to get their hands on each other, could The Dirt Sheet see Origin start sooner than anticipated?

Every tag team in DTF is going to get a shot at the gold come Origin, but before then, they’ll be forced to work together with one of their rival teams. Black Power will make their in-ring debut alongside The United Kingdom, who got a good win over the Motor City Machineguns last week. MCMG will be hoping to bounce back from that loss with the odd couple Shelton Benjamin & Goldust, The Gold Standard. But with so much at stake come Origin, can any of these teams work together?

After progressing through the semi-finals with wins over Kofi Kingston and The Miz, Chris Hero and AJ Styles will compete to decide the first ever DTF United States Champion. This Monday night, they’ll be in the ring together to sign the contract for that match.

Finally, an exhibition match between Zack Ryder and Hernandez is set to take place. Neither have made a mark in DTF yet, so there’s a lot to fight for. Who will impress? There‘s a lot of pride at stake, as both men are going to want to show the fans they’ve got what it takes to compete in Origin.

DTF Champion, CM Punk opens the show

Samoa Joe vs. Rey Mysterio

The Dirt Sheet w/Bryan Danielson

The United Kingdom & Black Power vs. The Gold Standard & Motor City Machineguns

Contract Signing - AJ Styles & Chris Hero

Zack Ryder vs. Hernandez

Chris Jericho, Edge, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston and Jimmy Jacobs are all also going to be apart of the show!