Drew McIntyre's New Gimmick

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
thefuck.gif

THE FUCK?

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
OK. To clear something up, by being under contract to WWE, you are contractually obligated to appear in a wrestling capacity (or refereeing or managing, etc.) for WWE only or with WWE's permission if it is with another company.

If you do not like the way you are being used, you can ask for and be granted a release, either unconditional (which WWE is loathe to do) or general (like Kaval and Daniel Bryan during his "exile"). The unconditional release would allow you to appear for any other company in a wrestling, etc., capacity the day it is received, while the general release includes a 90-day-no-compete clause which keeps you from being able to appear with another company who has televised or recorded (professionally, videos taken with some guy's phone and posted on youtube don't count) shows. This is how Daniel Bryan was able to appear with CHIKARA during his "exile" while within the bounds of the 90-day-no-compete clause as the show(s?) he appeared at were untelevised and not (professionally) recorded.

The other option would be to simply refuse to appear with WWE until your contract has expired (most WWE performer contracts are for three years at a time since the Bret Hart debacle, while "Legends" contracts are structured differently). This would keep you from having to do anything you're unwilling to do, but it also keeps you from plying your trade for anyone without risking lawsuit from the WWE until that contract has expired. So, by not appearing for WWE, you're not really risking lawsuit; you're simply not making any money as a pro wrestler.

By the way, this is WWE, who has shown a great penchant in the past for "breaking" haughty wrestlers, but rewarding those who stick it out with the company (unlike, as much as I don't want to admit this, Christian, who took his ball and went to TNA when he figured he would never get the push he deserved, or at least most people think he deserved). I don't really know the real backstage situations or reputations of Drew MacIntyre or Natalya, so I cannot comment on whether or not they are the "haughty" ones, but sticking it out with WWE through a crap gimmick might be very lucrative to them in the future.

wk

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Chavo Guerrero after jobbing to Yoshi Tatsu on Superstars:

Chavo: "Hey, who's the better wrestler? Me or Yoshi?"
WWE official: "You are."
Chavo: "Who's done more for this company? Me or Yoshi?"
WWE official: "You"
Chavo: "Then why are you having me lose to Yoshi Tatsu?"

He demanded his release hours later. Hope Drew does the same. There is no reason he should be putting over Khali, more less deal with this BS.

JC4Life37

The Showoff
Reaction score
Any idea whether Drew was blowing kisses, cheek kisses... or slapping one?

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
By the way, is it just me or is Drew McIntyre bigger?
He seemed really muscular when he faced Khali.
He seemed bigger that before to me.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score
I'd like to bump this for obvious reasons.

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Useless now....he doesn't have this gimmick anymore.

Zach

Emma Watson ♥ ♥ ♥
Reaction score

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
WTF IS THIS SHIT!!!!!! this is not the gimmick he should have! how low has he sunk