Dream Wrestlemania Card Contest

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ilmago

Reaction score
I know I am late and missed the deadline, but I still wanted to participate in this. Can you also grade my card.

Last Man Standing: Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart(championship match)
TLC Tag Team Match: The Hardy Boys vs The Rockers
Hell in a Cell: Stone Cold vs Undertaker vs Goldberg
Street Fight: The Rock vs Mankind
IC title Match: Macho King vs Mr. Perfect
Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Orton
Ric Flair vs Hogan(both in their primes)
Edge vs Arn Anderson
Triple H vs Rowdy Pipper(in his prime)

I believe this would be a great Wrestlemania Card, what do you guys think. Please rate.

Airfixx

Bret Hart vs Randy Savage

10/10 this should have happened at some point.

Check the old SNMEs..... They had a grudge match following the Harts/Honky attack on Savage in 87.

Montana

I fail to see what's so confusing about that. Raven was one of the better if not best hardcore wrestler of all time and had the most reigns as hardcore champion of all time. Him going up against the hardcore legend only seemed fitting imo.

I really like Raven, however he failed in the wwe. I just meant if you could pick up anyone of the legends of Wrestlemania, and Raven isn't really on that level. I think as far as ECW talent goes guys like Taz/Sabu/RVD would be better choices imo. Those guys may not have been big stars in the wwe, but they were the cornerstones of ECW.

Check the old SNMEs..... They had a grudge match following the Harts/Honky attack on Savage in 87.

Thanks, i thought they did have a match one time or another. I kinda meant a match at Wrestlemania (9 or 10)

I'm not complaining because of how you graded my card, because to be honest, it really doesn't matter to me what you think of it. I'm just saying that with the majority of the match ups that I have seen people make in this thread, a stip isn't necessary and in many cases can take away from what the performers are capable of doing.

I agree, a lot these matches don't need stipulations, however it goes back to variety, and creativity. Imo, at perfect show has variety. I'm not going to look it up, but i'd assume every WM, and major supercard has at least one stipulation on it. Plus you can add stipulations without making a match gimmicky. For example, a submission match, "loser leaves town" , "loser must wear a dress" " Hair vs Hair" . I always enjoyed how someone used the million dollar belt.

Last Man Standing: Kurt Angle vs Bret Hart(championship match)
19/20 ....Only cause these two are not the biggest draws, and more submission wrestlers.

TLC Tag Team Match: The Hardy Boys vs The Rockers
10/10 ... This would be fun.

Hell in a Cell: Stone Cold vs Undertaker vs Goldberg

9/10 ....Ughh Goldberg?

Street Fight: The Rock vs Mankind

9/10 Good match, but we've seen this a lot.

9/10 this would be a interesting match up.

Ricky Steamboat vs Randy Orton
8/10....ultimate babyface vs heel. Legend vs Legend Killer.

Ric Flair vs Hogan(both in their primes)

10/10

Edge vs Arn Anderson
7/10 Can't say i'm a huge double A fan.

Triple H vs Rowdy Pipper(in his prime)
10/10 This would be a great fued.

91/100 Very good card. I noticed you used all your stipulation in your "biggest" matchups, it seemed. So when i got to the bottom matches Edge vs. Arn Anderson seemed a little lackluster. I know it would be a real good match with AA in his prime, however he wasn't really all that over. Very rounded card overall.

Airfixx

Thanks, i thought they did have a match one time or another. I kinda meant a match at Wrestlemania (9 or 10)

I hear ya... No Macho Man on the WM9 card was a sin, I tell thee! (Especially given how shit the PPV was.)

As for WM10, as far as I can remember it was the fued with Crush which brought him 'back' for a one-off match? (Following Crush losing Savage his commentator job in Kayfaybe.)

Any idea what the story was with Savage and his lack of ring action in his last 18 months or so in WWF? Did Vince mistakenly deem him past it or sumthin'? ...Maybe something to do with the 'Steph' rumour?

...Or a not so compelling 8/10 if it's WM de la 'Fixx. ;o]

Montana

Any idea what the story was with Savage and his lack of ring action in his last 18 months or so in WWF? Did Vince mistakenly deem him past it or sumthin'? ...Maybe something to do with the 'Steph' rumour?

Actually.. i was wondering this for myself and asked around. From what i've heard Vince wanted to move into the direction of new stars. He wanted to showcase the Hitman, HBK, Yokozuna, Undertaker, guys like that. Vince felt Savage was too "old" and didn't want to hurt the new generation.

I also think the steph thing may have had something, but no one really knows what was up with that.

...Or a not so compelling 8/10 if it's WM de la 'Fixx. ;o]

There is a real simple answer. He got a bonus point for using the Macho KING. Idk why i really liked the Macho King, where as the Macho Man was lame. So i liked Macho as a heel better basically. But i know i've probably did that to a few matches on here. Im sure my mood has something to do with how i rate as well.

Airfixx

Awww, C'moooooon... Heel Macho MAN was nothing to be sniffed at. WM3? :cough: ...He was shit hot as the antagonist unleashing Zues on Hogan too (Remember the couldron of the madness? :y: ). Plus I assume he wasn't too shabby even around 85/86 as he was doing a lot of main events with Hogan. Granted he completely made the King gimmick his own - So much so that he never passed the title to another - but right up until they put him on the shelf just before for WM9 he was THE shit!

Re: His break.... Aaaah, that'll be old 'New Generation' shit that they eventually pulled during the IYH days (Y'know the one spearheaded by a guy that had been with the company for a decade and a guy with visibly greying hair (i.e Nash) ! LOL).

...Still dumb tho', Bret needed SOMEONE to pass SOME kind of torch to him and maybe the company would have been a little healthier in the years that followed if they had... You were right earlier (Face vs Face) at WM10 would have been perfect.

Evil Austin

wow I didn't realise that I used Kane twice, :laugh: *palm/face* I was going to do Leigon of Doom vs. Dudleys btu changed my mind but forgot to change the Kane / Vader match. Oh well, cool concept and thanks for taking the time to rate everything.

Montana

Well....time for mine.

"WWF Championship"
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Hulk Hogan

"First Time Ever"

The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels

"Casket Match"

The Undertaker vs Sting

"Grudge Match"

HHH w/ Steph vs. Macho Man Randy Savage

"NWA Championship"

Ric Flair vs. Mr. Perfect

"Family Fued Tag Match"

Dusty + Cody Rhodes vs. Randy + Bob Orton

"I Quit Match"

Kurt Angle vs. Bret Hart

"Hell in a Cell"

Edge vs Mick Foley II

"Respect Match for IC Title"

John Cena vs Roddy Piper

What do you all think???

PeepShow

Was Perfect even ever in contention for the NWA title? Or are you just going by that one match they had on Raw before Flair left? I guess I really don't understand that one at all. The rest of the card looks good, especially the father/son tag.

Montana

I was on the bubble about the father/son tag. Mostly bc it was the weak link in the card, however i felt a father/son team could bring a lot of emotion to a match.

Evil Austin

You know what would have been a better father and son tag match, Finlay and Hornswaggle vs. Vince and Shane. Lol jokes.

But seriously man that looks awesome, maybe Bret Hart and Kurt in a different sort of match, to be honest I Quit doesn't really suit Kurt Angle imo. I just don't ever picture him being in one, maybe between those two it could be something else. Other then that it looks great.

Montana

I Quit is the same as a submission match....kurt angle is a submission wrestler. It works. Trust me.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Just gonna step in here.

I've read a few times that because Savage's body was supposedly falling apart at this point that Vince had next to no faith in him to be a full-time wrestler, or really a wrestler at all.

Then when his contract expired WCW wanted him as a wrestler, so of course he went there.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Alright, I'll give my comments on you're card Monty.

"WWF Championship"
Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Hulk Hogan
9/10. I'm not a Hogan hater, or anything. I just honestly think SSCA should have a better opponent quality wise in the ring for a dream match. The match is iconic though, and would be monumental.

"First Time Ever"
The Rock vs. Shawn Michaels
10/10. Cant go wrong. The show stealer of the match, and besides Rock v. Cena, everyones dream match.

"Casket Match"
The Undertaker vs Sting
9/10. Would be pretty amazing imho. The feud would be really great, and the match itself would have been awesome.

"Grudge Match"
HHH w/ Steph vs. Macho Man Randy Savage
8/10. It would have been an awesome feud, but theres just something there, that doesn't POP to me. An awesome angle though would be HHH pedigree'ing Elizabeth, and Savage going Macho King on his ass.

"NWA Championship"
Ric Flair vs. Mr. Perfect
8/10. Eh, I was initially going to give it a seven, but the technicallity these two would have brang it up a notch.

"Family Fued Tag Match"
Dusty + Cody Rhodes vs. Randy + Bob Orton
6/10. Ugh, no. Randy Orton > Rhodes Family. It'd be much better if you had Dibiase's versus Rhode's

"I Quit Match"
Kurt Angle vs. Bret Hart
10/10. I'm so jealouse I forgot this dream match. Fucking dick. lol, but this is a dream match not to many people seem to think of now-a-days. Submission matches, and I Quits are pretty much the same, but a Submission match would be more on the wrestling aspect, as an I Quit is more on the strangleholds, and slamming through tables, and hardcore side of things.

"Hell in a Cell"
Edge vs Mick Foley II
7/10. At Wrestlemania? No. Also, I just don't the two are a good combination to throw inside the cell.

"Respect Match for IC Title"
John Cena vs Roddy Piper
6/10. John Cena & the IC title? Negative. Chris Jericho would have been a better replacement imho.

This looked like fun, and it sucks that I missed out. The cards were pwnage, and I agree, the heel Savage owned the good Savage. So after looking at the other cards, I was compelled to do my own card, and here it is. It was difficult, and I had a an add lib, or two, as I felt I was obliged to put an Undertaker match in there. Its just not Wrestlemania without Undertaker, as much as his "challenger" sucked. It was either "Da Man", or Lesnar, and I felt as Goldberg fit the spot more, and was better of a competitor. The opening contest is a dream match I think anyone would love to see, and I'm shocked how it didn't quite make it to WM. A singles match would have been much more suitable in the past, but its whatever. I'd need to think of some storyline for my WWE Championship main event, so it'd kind of be like Hogan/Rock II, just a newer version, if you can get that in you're mind frame. HBK/HHH is something I'm surprised no one really thought of, my original plan was to go with HBK/Rock, but that’s everyone’s dream match when you think of it, so it took away from the CREATIVE side of things if you ask me. JBL/Y2J was an add on, and now that I think of it, the legends add on isn't as bad as I thought it would be when I put together the card.

Unification of WWE Championships (old version versus new version):
©The Rock versus ©John Cena

One Last Match for World Heavyweight Championship:
©Triple H versus Shawn Michaels

19 Years In The Making:
Ric Flair versus Sting

Legend versus Legend Killer:
Stone Cold Steve Austin versus Randy Orton

One Last TLC for both World & WWE Tag Team Championships:
Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy versus Edge & Christian© versus Paul London & Brian Kendrick© versus Devon Dudley & Bubba Ray Dudley

The Challenge:
The Undertaker versus Bill Goldberg

Unfinished Business(?):
John Bradshaw Layfield with Ted Dibiase versus Chris Jericho with Roddy Piper

Money In The Bank:
Bret Hart versus Razor Ramon versus Rob Van Dam versus Kane versus Shelton Benjamin versus Mr. Kennedy versus John Morrison versus CM Punk

Submission Match for both Intercontinental & United States Championships:
Chris Benoit© versus Kurt Angle©

btw. Monty rate plz <3.

Montana

I stand by my card. As i said i forgot to add a IC title match, so i just threw it on Cena/Piper. It's not like John Cena wasn't a US Champ. Plus he was argueably at the top of his popularity when he was a midcarder. Certainly in this dream card, if John Cena is in the opening match, probably the John Cena of old. Fair enough though. I would have given it a 8/10.

I do disagree on how you rated a few of the matches, however its all an opinion. I tried to make matches that had some emotion to them, and actually meant something.

I think i rate on a little easier scale than you do as well. How would you rate your own card out of curiousity? Cause i rated my own about 96-97/100

Unification of WWE Championships (old version versus new version):
©The Rock versus ©John Cena

18/20 ... Good main event. The reason i wouldn't rate this higher is because there is a slight chance this could actually happen. Plus guys like Austin, Hogan are bigger draws for WM. Imo in your main event you want a big draw. Not to say Rock/Cena aren't, but some minor things to consider.

One Last Match for World Heavyweight Championship:
©Triple H versus Shawn Michaels

10/10, 3 heavyweight title matches? Not sure whats up with that. I guess its possible since you could use a historic belt. Just odd. Also a few ppl mentioned this match. If you were unifying belts, wouldn't you just unify this one too.

19 Years In The Making:
Ric Flair versus Sting

10/10 ... could have left out the 20 years in the making, since neither can barely move.

Legend versus Legend Killer:
Stone Cold Steve Austin versus Randy Orton

9/10 Good match, again there is a actual chance of this happening. Kinda take away from the "dream or fantasy" aspect of this.

One Last TLC for both World & WWE Tag Team Championships:
Jeff Hardy & Matt Hardy versus Edge & Christian© versus Paul London & Brian Kendrick© versus Devon Dudley & Bubba Ray Dudley

9/10...we've seen the tag tlc so many times though.

The Challenge:
The Undertaker versus Bill Goldberg

8/10 ...i just hate goldberg. HATE

Unfinished Business(?):
John Bradshaw Layfield with Ted Dibiase versus Chris Jericho with Roddy Piper

6/10 Unfinished business????? From when JBL cost Jericho the title? Again this happened already.

Money In The Bank:
Bret Hart versus Razor Ramon versus Rob Van Dam versus Kane versus Shelton Benjamin versus Mr. Kennedy versus John Morrison versus CM Punk

6/10....lost points for two ladder matches in one show. I just realized this, but whats the point of a MITB match on a dream card? Plus 6 of the 8 guys have been in MITB matches already at WM.

Submission Match for both Intercontinental & United States Championships:
Chris Benoit© versus Kurt Angle©

8/10...didnt we already see this, but in a triple threat at WM? And i think it was on another ppv one on one. Good match, but these guys have fueded for a while.

84/100...Started off very strong, until we got Goldberg. Then it was downhill from there. I think one problem you ran into was running into was wanting to use more current stars, than historic stars. So these "dream" matches weren't really "dream" matches. JBL vs Jericho didn't peak my interest. There is a reason JBL jobbed to Mysterio in like 20 seconds. Then we got the token MITB ladder match with 75% of the guys in the match we see every year. I like how you added Hart/Razor, but two ladder matches in one show hurt the variety imo. Those are the only two matches that i didnt really like. I think using guys like Hogan, Macho, Warrior, Piper, rather than Morrison, Shelton, Kane, and JBL could have made those undercard matches mean a little something more.

It could just be we have different taste.