Downloading (music, movies, etc)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
That's exactly why some bands refuse to make new albums and just tour instead. If you don't support new media, the creators will not make more. If they can't cover their costs, why would they create something? Nobody is in the business of going broke, which is essentially what happens if they can't cover the creation costs via purchase. They end up using personal money, which leads to a business loss, which leads to either complete closure or nothing new from that company.

Considering that most bands that can afford to Tour around the country and world have already made millions of dollars that if they are smart, could set them up for life, I feel no sympathy for them wishing to be cunts about releasing new music just because not enough people are playing ball with their money hungry production studios. I can SEE their point of view with the fact that they could be losing money off of pirating, but considering even with illegal downloading artists are still getting record millions of sales on their new releases, I don't see what the big fuss is about of losing maybe 100,000 dollars when they make more than that in a single weekend.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
Considering that most bands that can afford to Tour around the country and world have already made millions of dollars that if they are smart, could set them up for life, I feel no sympathy for them wishing to be cunts about releasing new music just because not enough people are playing ball with their money hungry production studios. I can SEE their point of view with the fact that they could be losing money off of pirating, but considering even with illegal downloading artists are still getting record millions of sales on their new releases, I don't see what the big fuss is about of losing maybe 100,000 dollars when they make more than that in a single weekend.

Well most of the bands I like aren't millionaires, they can't tour unless its cost effective. I don't really have sympathy for Metallica because they were making higher royalties per cd than the majority of musicians (50 cents per disc sold). Bands like U2 & Green Day I couldn't give a shit about, pirate everything they ever made & it won't matter to them because they've been rich since the late 80's. I care how piracy affects smaller bands. Piracy affects smaller bands about 10 times more than it does the million selling stars.

hbkfan

Reaction score
i buy movies but cds no usally its 1 or 2 songs that is good on the album and the rest are crap.

MC Rae

Reaction score
I download some music, but buy more, probably 80/20 split or thereabouts.

I prefer CD's and vinyls because I feel like I have something. I like all the artwork etc. that comes with it too. Also, because I like a good number of smaller bands, I suppose I feel like I'm helping them out aswell - one of my rare good deeds in life haha.

The only time I download is when there are records that I want but are particularly difficult to obtain, unless I spend an absolute fortune.

J...

Reaction score
Just checked utorrent and Ive downloaded 313 gigs in the last month, Mainly just movies and tv shows, I don't fear getting cause I use utorrent in connection with a VPN so no need for worries, besides the goverment knnows theres way to many people downloading now adays there main focus is cutting out the suppliers.

J...

Reaction score
haha exactly and Utorrent is by far, at least in my opinion, the best torrent downloader, been using it for months now and not one single problem. Plus I read an article where the Utorrent creator said that the chances of getting caught are slim because the simple fact the only time you have a chance of getting caught is while your downloading the file after your done theres no traces.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
haha exactly and Utorrent is by far, at least in my opinion, the best torrent downloader, been using it for months now and not one single problem. Plus I read an article where the Utorrent creator said that the chances of getting caught are slim because the simple fact the only time you have a chance of getting caught is while your downloading the file after your done theres no traces.

I've been using utorrent since v1.5 or so & it is easily the best downloader out there. It loads incredibly light & I have had better speeds than when I used to use Azureus 5 years ago, which is why I switched. I download strictly lossless music, I hate mp3 sourced shit. I'd rather have a clone of an album & let it be my choice if I make mp3s out of them or burn it to a disc. I know that when I make mp3s they always sound better than the shit that blueberries try to pass off as a good sounding mp3 rip.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
The only shitty thing is that we have this gay bandwidth limit and you have to pay up to $50 max per gig you go over. Utorrent usually gets me over pretty quick. Such a fucking dumb charge.