Downloading (music, movies, etc)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kizza

Reaction score
Another thing here is that it is kind of difficult to get the music that I like at a reasonable price. JB Hi-Fi usually has it, but for about 30 bucks imported, or I can take a chance online. Usually I try to get the CD in a package with a shirt or something (Like I got with my Devil Wears Prada album), or with something else (The last Jimi Hendrix thing was a competition). I want to buy the new Secret & Whisper album, but I'm not prepared to pay 25-30 bucks.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I never downloaded anything...that is until I came here lol.

This.

I had no idea what megaupload, rapidshare and shit were til I came here. I blame IWF. But without the internet, there wouldn't be IWF. But without Bill Gates, there wouldn't be the internet. I blame Bill Gates.

I do get warey sometimes downloading stuff though. Sometime last year, I read about a woman who got busted for filesharing. Every song/movie/tv show, anything she had on her computer, she had to prove that she paid for it all. Fuck that. I'm offing myself. I refuse to have a dick in my mouth AND my ass in jail.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I support artists I really care about by buying their shit. My thing is, I'm not paying 10-15 bucks for a CD for it to be utter shit. Same goes with movies; if it's an actor I really want to support or a movie I want to support, I'll buy the DVD or go to the movies. Tickets have gotten so expensive the last few years, that no one wants to pay good money for a horrible movie. Back to CDs; if it's an artist I support, I'll listen to the Amazon samples and decide whether I buy it or not. I don't have much money to waste on crap quality products (I stream most PPVs) so iDownload

Reaction score
I actually download tons of shit. It varies from Movies, TV shows, Music & Wrestling media. It takes me a few minutes to download a 2.2gb, Which is what a normal wrestling show is. I usually delete the files after I've watched it & put the music on my USB, just to be safe.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I support artists I really care about by buying their shit. My thing is, I'm not paying 10-15 bucks for a CD for it to be utter shit. Same goes with movies; if it's an actor I really want to support or a movie I want to support, I'll buy the DVD or go to the movies. Tickets have gotten so expensive the last few years, that no one wants to pay good money for a horrible movie. Back to CDs; if it's an artist I support, I'll listen to the Amazon samples and decide whether I buy it or not. I don't have much money to waste on crap quality products (I stream most PPVs) so iDownload

At the movie theater here, two people costs a total of $25. Like fuck I would pay that, especially if the movie has a chance of blowing. If it's a Sean Connery or Hugh Jackman movie, yeah, I'll pay for it, regardless of if it sucks. Otherwise, no.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
This.

I had no idea what megaupload, rapidshare and shit were til I came here. I blame IWF. But without the internet, there wouldn't be IWF. But without Bill Gates, there wouldn't be the internet. I blame Bill Gates.

I do get warey sometimes downloading stuff though. Sometime last year, I read about a woman who got busted for filesharing. Every song/movie/tv show, anything she had on her computer, she had to prove that she paid for it all. Fuck that. I'm offing myself. I refuse to have a dick in my mouth AND my ass in jail.

Bill Gates didn't start the internet, the US Military did. DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) was the agency responsible. If you ever played Metal Gear Solid 1, DARPA plays into the plot. The bill that Obama supposedly wants to pass would make digital copyrights even stricter. In the end days of Napster they were picking and choosing people to sue just to make them an example. I remember there was a few single income single mothers who they picked out. Remember to use bedsheets to make a noose in the joint. JurassicBonez, you'd be fine with only a cock in your mouth or a cock in your ass? On those old HBO prison documentaries that Chris Rock used for his Tossed Salad Man bit, the guy claimed that it wasn't gay to do that in jail, most of us on the outside disagree with that.

Reaction score
I don't download much music, but I download movies and wrestling and I see no problem with this. I tend to download things that aren't easily found - I've a ton of ECW & WCW ppvs that aren't on dvd or would cost too much to collect.
If I can find it in a store on sale or reasonably priced on ebay, I'll just as well spend the money on it. If I'm unsure whether I'll like something, I'll download it first and if I deem it worth buying, I will.

Kizza

Reaction score
Bill Gates didn't start the internet, the US Military did. DARPA (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency) was the agency responsible. If you ever played Metal Gear Solid 1, DARPA plays into the plot. The bill that Obama supposedly wants to pass would make digital copyrights even stricter. In the end days of Napster they were picking and choosing people to sue just to make them an example. I remember there was a few single income single mothers who they picked out. Remember to use bedsheets to make a noose in the joint. JurassicBonez, you'd be fine with only a cock in your mouth or a cock in your ass? On those old HBO prison documentaries that Chris Rock used for his Tossed Salad Man bit, the guy claimed that it wasn't gay to do that in jail, most of us on the outside disagree with that.

Sir, when a new inmate comes in and he wants some drugs, what do you make him do? WELL THE FIRST THING I MAKE HIM DO IS TOSS MAH SALAD~!

So fucking funny.

When a man's sucking yo dick, he can pretend it's something else. When he's eatin ass, he knows it's ass.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I fully support the downloading of music. Most people only do it because the prices for CD's are atrociously high and they don't want to pay the fees and individual costs associated with spending hundreds of dollars on picking out each little song for their playlists.

I also find it very petty when these big name bands like Metallica and Disturbed so vehemently oppose downloading that you can't even using their songs on youtube videos and junk without having some copyright thing slapped on you. These are musicians that have probably already made hundreds of millions of dollars and could be set for life if they weren't living such needlessly lavish lifestyles. It just seems rather greedy to me.

The only real bad thing is those who use the illegal downloading for the sake of piracy. Actually downloading songs and movies for free, burning them onto CD's and DVD's and then illegally distributing them for profit. That IS stealing from your source material and should be fined heavily. As you're basically trying to make money off of something you have no right to be selling.

So in a nutshell, so long as it's being used for personal enjoyment, pirate away. But if you're actually using and abusing these systems for personal gain, then you probably deserve whatever lawsuit is coming your way.

Reaction score
Totally agreed, Knox Beard.

I worked in a music store for a few years and people would constantly complain about the prices of cds - $18 or $19 at the time. I'd agree with them, mainly cause "the customer is always right" and all that bullshit, but in the back of my mind, I'd be thinking "Yeah, okay they're overpriced, but firstly, you're in a mall, so what isn't overpriced and secondly, this probably isn't the first time you've been in our store, so if you don't like the prices, why THE FUCK do you come back?!?"

Jon Honcho

Reaction score
I'm a little old fashioned so I like to have cd artwork or dvd artwork. I download certain songs but I pay for them. It's not out of paranoia, I just choose to.

I love going to the movie theater. I don't go to a big chain because that's how you pay more than you should. I go to a small, independent theater that plays the big hollywood productions. I don't care if it has dolby digital or DTS. That's for "technofiles" who must wait in line overnight at Best Buy for a fuckin iPAD.

chessarmy

Reaction score
The celebrities and actors that make these movies/songs make enough money anyways, a few downloads here and there isn't going to hurt. I download lots of stuff and I have absolutely no problem with it. I'm just saving myself some money, it isn't my responsibility to buy someone else's work unless I fully believe they deserve to be financially supported.

hndsmepete

Reaction score
The celebrities and actors that make these movies/songs make enough money anyways, a few downloads here and there isn't going to hurt. I download lots of stuff and I have absolutely no problem with it. I'm just saving myself some money, it isn't my responsibility to buy someone else's work unless I fully believe they deserve to be financially supported.

That's exactly why some bands refuse to make new albums and just tour instead. If you don't support new media, the creators will not make more. If they can't cover their costs, why would they create something? Nobody is in the business of going broke, which is essentially what happens if they can't cover the creation costs via purchase. They end up using personal money, which leads to a business loss, which leads to either complete closure or nothing new from that company.

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score

It really does make me laugh how people with millions of dollars whine about people downloading their shit.