"Don't Bring a Gun to a Snowball Fight"

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Presenting the NEW All In One Cop Shop device!

It's pepper spray, it's a tazer, it's a .22 calibur pistol, it's a badge, it's a donut, it's a tonfa, all in one!

Get yours now for just $42 + Tax!

kingaviles

Reaction score
People's fault. The cop claimed he was hit by a snowball, and with as reckless as the people were acting, I wouldn't doubt it that someone said "Hey, throw a snowball at that cop's car".

He might have overreacted by drawing his gun, but if that snowball hit his windshield, that could've caused an accident and now you're endangering his life. I'm sure he didn't wake up and say, "Hey I think I'm gonna ruin a whole bunch of people's fun today." No, you put his life at risk, and he felt the need to do what he did.

The second officer who was talking to the people was calm, polite, and did everything he could to help the situation. The people were idiots. You don't like the police? Then, the next time when someone breaks into your house in the middle of the night, and you're hiding in your closet, don't call 911.

kingaviles

Reaction score
What if he was disgruntled and went on a shooting rampage?

I hate that saying, "what if". What if the snowballs were filled with rocks and people were throwing them into traffic? What if someone threw a punch at the cop? What if nobody was wearing pants?

You can't say what if, because 'if' didn't happen. It wasn't the situation. You saw the situation. It is what it is.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Might've overreacted?

There is no reasonable debate that can be made for drawing your gun after being hit with a snowball.

kingaviles

Reaction score
We don't know where he was hit with the snowball. If it hit his windshield while he was driving on a busy day, it could've caused a huge accident. He drew his gun, hoping to gain control of the crowd. Otherwise they would've thought it was funny if he pulled over and walked out, angry.

Obviously it didn't work. But they crossed the line.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
While you are right in saying that they could have caused an accident it doesn't matter because it didn't happen and it doesn't change the fact that police are supposed to respond with a reasonable amount of force. This cop went above and beyond that in an attempt to be a big shot.

kingaviles

Reaction score
Both sides were wrong. I just don't see why these people can be so bitter to the same people that protect them.

If I was that cop, I'd be tasering everybody lol

noumenon

I hate that saying, "what if". What if the snowballs were filled with rocks and people were throwing them into traffic? What if someone threw a punch at the cop? What if nobody was wearing pants?

You can't say what if, because 'if' didn't happen. It wasn't the situation. You saw the situation. It is what it is.

Well seeing as law enforcement officers are trained to treat every situation as a "what if situation" it was handled improperly on every account. And drawing your weapon without reasonable provocation is considered unnecessary force.

And it was impossible for them to say "throw a snowball at that cop's car" because he was off duty and in his personal vehicle and street clothes.

The whole situation is a clusterfuck handled poorly by everyone is the bottom line.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Cops are human too, eh. They feel inadequate, self conscious and suffer from low self esteem just like anyone else. Not to mention the idea that power corrupts is pretty apt.

Colin Gimp

Reaction score
ignorant kids were just being ignorant kids. pigs were just being pigs.
black detective will be reviewed, kid thats under arrest will get spooked by the cop. and americas bliss continues