Donald Sterling

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So unless you've been in a cave or something chances are you've heard about this situation and today he got banned for life from the NBA and fined 2.5 million. Still owns the team despite this but apparently they are going to try and force him to sell it. I'm glad Adam Silver is doing everything possible to punish him for this and looks like him having to give up the team is inevitable but it is obviously not going to be a quick process as he will try and draw this out as long as he can. So what are your thoughts on this whole situation?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I honestly find it hilarious that people are still this intolerant. Should hear people still semi-defending him in the South. "It's the leagues fault for not doing anything about it when he's done this before." I heard that so many times the past week but no one saying "Well he just shouldn't be racist." And then there was the one that said "Okay, he's racist yeah, but I still think it's more the league's fault than his because they let him."

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I've heard too many people defend him. He's a pretty big idiot to make racist remarks in a league full of black people. I'm glad to see him getting punished.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
He's a racist douchebag and glad he was punished.

Though i'm not sure why people are shocked at an old white guy being racist.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Any other league it slides, hell I'm sure it slides with stern in power. But this is a,league where black athletes are the face, they are the multi million dollar endorsements, shoe deals, commercials, and product every team sells. The other owners had to punish him, but make no mistake silver has a bigger set of balls than Stern ever would have

Reactions: PHX

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Guy watched Django too many times.

Guess he'll have a bounty on his head after this, smurfs be getting mad on Twitter.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Any other league it slides, hell I'm sure it slides with stern in power. But this is a,league where black athletes are the face, they are the multi million dollar endorsements, shoe deals, commercials, and product every team sells. The other owners had to punish him, but make no mistake silver has a bigger set of balls than Stern ever would have
I doubt Stern with let it slide but yeah Adam made his mark with this decision and like Chuck said truly became the commish after banning Sterling for life and promising to forcing him to sell the team.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I doubt Stern with let it slide but yeah Adam made his mark with this decision and like Chuck said truly became the commish after banning Sterling for life and promising to forcing him to sell the team.
He would let it slide. He didn't even get a reprimand for the housing discrimination case where other players and owners would've. Stern was one of the guys who brought sterling into the leage, they were boys. He may have slapped his wrist but it wouldn't be this verdict

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Stern couldn't have let it slide with the public attention and all, but I agree that he wouldn't have done near as much as Silver did.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
This guy was a noted racist since he bought the team in the 80s, fuck off NBA, they kept their head in the sand over this from day one. Cover your asses because of a TMZ story, peaking of which, while I don't care for racism, I respect privacy more and this old fucker shouldn't have been crucified for non public comments. This was a private discussion with a girlfriend, and NAACP are just as hypocritical of this guy as they gave him a fucking award and allegations of this guys racist attitude have been around forever.

Bullshit on both sides and NBA can take their unified front and stick it where their heads been forever.....Hey Kobe called a ref a smurf, where was the torches and pitchforks? also, NBA should be working on something more pressing, the fact that their athletes get busted with weapons possession....How about that?

And people who applaud his removal, have no right to bitch when you get fired over something you said over social media or a web forum.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Major fucking difference between someone using a slur and someone in a position of power where he can give and take away jobs to fuck with ones livelyhood literally having a slave master mentality in a sport that just so happens to be predominantly black. How you can even mention the two situations in the same breath is beyond me.

Last edited:

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Slave master mentality? HAHAHAHAHA! He isn't in the NCAA.

More like a pimp fronting money for a bunch of hoes who will make him more money. because sports is just hoe bidness that tricks can gamble on. I said this guy was a noted racist, everyone who followed basketball knew this already. If the league actually gave a shit, they would've drove him out in the 90s when racial degradation wasn't just a Spike Lee card people use when they think someone might be offended by it. This was just a bullshit PR move by the NBA, nothing more, nothing less, this is my problem. Do I care about Sterling? Fuck no, I said he was a racist didn't I? I'm not defending that, but the way he got outed was some shitty dealings, people cry about the NSA listening to private phone convos, but it's ok if it's s a rich guy? And it doesn't matter if he asked to be taped, that shit is in his right to privacy realm, and I don't know why he didn't sue TMZ for leaking them.

As for Kpbe calling someone a smurf and Sterling using the term "Black People"....Yeah, let's pretend there's a major fucking difference shall we? Since when did black become a racial slur? we not allowed to describe the colour of skin anymore? Goddamn, atleast black people have their racial slurs accumed to something that is actually accurate, I get called Indian and I don't know of anyone in my whole family or my hometown who has ever been to India.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
His privacy wasn't invaded. There was no PI planting bugs in his house. This was quite obviously his girlfriend blackmailing him. Sterling even said himself "I should have paid her off." It's his fault for screwing around with an obvious gold-digger in an open relationship. Now she gets to ride off into the sunset in that Ferrari he bought her. Or the range rover. Or any of the other rides he bought her.

As for the NBA's handling of the situation, they had to cut ties with him. He's done shit before, but it was never near this blatant and undeniable. And although the comments were not made public, they ARE public now. The NBA can't just pretend they didn't hear the comments and none of the millions of people across the world will either. He put himself in this position, so fuck him. No sympathy.

That chick is a raving moron though. And a total whore. There are no winners in this story.

Reactions: PHX

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Slave master mentality? HAHAHAHAHA! He isn't in the NCAA.

More like a pimp fronting money for a bunch of hoes who will make him more money. because sports is just hoe bidness that tricks can gamble on. I said this guy was a noted racist, everyone who followed basketball knew this already. If the league actually gave a shit, they would've drove him out in the 90s when racial degradation wasn't just a Spike Lee card people use when they think someone might be offended by it. This was just a bullshit PR move by the NBA, nothing more, nothing less, this is my problem. Do I care about Sterling? Fuck no, I said he was a racist didn't I? I'm not defending that, but the way he got outed was some shitty dealings, people cry about the NSA listening to private phone convos, but it's ok if it's s a rich guy? And it doesn't matter if he asked to be taped, that shit is in his right to privacy realm, and I don't know why he didn't sue TMZ for leaking them.

As for Kpbe calling someone a smurf and Sterling using the term "Black People"....Yeah, let's pretend there's a major fucking difference shall we? Since when did black become a racial slur? we not allowed to describe the colour of skin anymore? Goddamn, atleast black people have their racial slurs accumed to something that is actually accurate, I get called Indian and I don't know of anyone in my whole family or my hometown who has ever been to India.
This goes a lot further than just name calling like you're trying to just generalize this as. Kobe called a ref a smurf and that was the extent of what he did. He didn't go on a tirade about gay people or nothing like that he just ignorantly used a word and that was the end of it. You cannot say the same about this situation it wasn't just a simple case of name calling. Should Sterling have been dealt with years ago when he was fucking over Elgin? Of course but fact of the matter is they didn't have anything on him as concrete as they do now to confirm what was believed about him so that is why he just now being dealt with.

And as far as him being recorded he knew he was being recorded by a 3rd party because of his memory issues so he often has his convos recorded to remember shit apparently. So the actual recording of him wasn't illegal.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
It's still just a PR move from the NBA, they should've dealt with this shit in the 80s when he bought the team. Also Clippers shouldn't even be in LA, red headed step child using the same building as the Lakers.