Dolph Ziggler Interview

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Dolph Ziggler was asked during an interview for the latest issue of WWE Magazine if he is a main eventer. He says he is.

“I know a lot of people don’t see it as I do, but in my head, I am a main eventer simply because of the fact that I did a helluva job reinventing the U.S. Championship from a title people held for a little while to becoming the stepping stone it once was. I made it prestigious again. I made people who liked me or hated me think, “This is the next guy.†Now it’s time to prove myself yet again,†Ziggler says.

“I cannot wait to go out there against the likes of CM Punk, whose T-shirt says he is the “Best in the World.†It’s hard to prove myself as a main eventer, as a star, without the merch and T-shirts, but I’m fine with that. It’s just another obstacle that pushes me to the top.â€

It is with WWE Magazine so it is in character but he still makes som good comments. I agree that he was a fantastic US Champion, one of the best of the past few years and he is an exceptional worker. I think that he is a maineventer and he has shown that he belongs in the title scene. I do think that one thing he needs to do to move forward is getting rid of Vickie. Vickie can manage ack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler can go out on his own.

Killz

Reaction score
I, too, think that's all that's "stopping" Dolph if you will, spreading his wings free of Vickie and Swagger so he's not leeching even tiny bits of heat off anyone else and can deliver 100% of his own mic work and 100% of his own character. I wish it would happen sooner rather than later but you'd have to do a big build to a face turn for one guy to turn against 2 heels. If they broke him off and kept him as a heel I fear the confusion would probably lead to Vickie and Swagger getting the better rub and his momentum fading.

Having said that, if it wasn't for his #heel gimmick, I'd have been all for at least a tweener role for the guy. He proves whenever he gets the mic that he can talk so I'm sure he could make us believe in whatever his character direction was. Plus he makes EVERYONE look like a main eventer the way he sells (best seller in the game today, proves you don't just have to nail facials but the whole thing) he could make a run as anything he wants. Sky is the limit for a healthy Dolph.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that he could pull of the seperation whilst remaining heel. He can say that he is now too good for Vickie and doesn't require her services anymore. I like him so much as a heel I don't really want him to turn face just yet, I want to see where he can go with this heel gimmick all on his own.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Dolph has sold more bumps then Vickie's age, if that makes any sense. Dolph can perform well in the ring and can carry matches. From starting off as a Cady to where he is now is impressive. I like her his persona in the ring where he does sit ups and that stand-on-his-head trick while wrestling. That's catchy and makes Ziggler a name for himself.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I'm having a hard time figuring out what great matches Dolph had defending the US title since people are agreeing he had a fantastic reign. I don't remember any memorable PPV matches or anything. His whole feud with Ryder didn't lead to any good matches it was just all about Ryder. Before that feud he was just holding onto the belt for the sake of holding onto it.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dolph is still in transition from midcarder to maineventer, no one still sees him as a credible threat to world champions, but he does need to ditch Vickie and Swagger seeing as he doesn't need them anymore.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Think he has a of potential and will be a main eventer but he is not one yet. Agree he needs to drop Vickie, but It would be foolish to turn him face. Way more potential as a heel imo.