Does your friends and family know...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Killswitch

Reaction score
Simple question: Does your friends and family know your hobby is being a frequent poster on any given forum whether it's here or some place else?

If your answer is no why? Are you too embarrassed to tell or is it just none of their business?

Aniking

Reaction score
I think my parents assume I still do as I've been doing so for a few years now, but they don't actually ask or care. My brother know as I mention something funny that happens or something funny somebody says every now and then.

As for my friends, they have no idea I'm into wrestling at all. If they did, I'd probably cop some shit because "it's not real" or whatever.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
Most of my friends know, as sometimes i'm checking the forum on my phone and what not and they'll ask what i'm doing.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
My family knows, and my parents are actually apart of a forum, so it's no big deal.

My brothers know as well as they all used to be on wrestling forums, my brother actually owned one, but now I'm the only one still doing it.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Yes, my friends family, and everybody around me knows it :)

Kairi

Reaction score
mine know and they visit forums of their own so we all good

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I brag all day to my friends and family about my prestige on wrestling forums and I always shove the fact that I'm a wrestling historian down their throats.

The Wrestling Addict

Reaction score
Some of my friends know. My parents don't though, I'm 16, but they'd still give me lectures about talking to people I don't know online. I just tell them I'm on wrestling sites but never said anything about posting.

Seak

Reaction score
My friends and family are aware of the wrestling forums. They are unaware of the countless rub and tug review forums I also visit.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Its something I can manage not to talk about with people since it seems not many people I know use forums as well. But its something my family is definately aware of andsomething my friends all suspect anyway. But more for gaming, only like a couple of people know I go on wrestling forums and thats because they're wrestling fans too, or at least ex-fans.

TheZig

Reaction score
I don't think my family know the concept of a interent forum, As for my friends a handful of them know i have visited/visit forums and most of them know of my interest in Wrestling.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
I think my dad knows it (I don't live with my mother.). However everyone in my family knows about my wrestling markness, plus my dad's a wrestling fan since the 80's so he's a walking wrestling encyclopedia, but doesn't watch it on a regular basis nowadays. He's now more like "who's the champ?" "is he face or heel?" "his moveset is ok?" But he knows who's who. He's a Taker mark. Both of us are nWo marks. As for my friends, they know it too, 'cause I sometimes check the forums on my phone, but they are like "it's fake bro" and they move on. Three or four friends of mine actually are interested in wrestling but they don't really care about it. Unlike me.

Deuce

Reaction score
I told my family and they think it is pretty cool, I just looked at them funny and walked away. It was pretty awkward because they kept looking at me funny for the rest of the day, I eventually said "stop staring at me" and went to go chill in my room. On a forum of course :) I love to listen to some beats and chill on a forum.

The Yeah1993

Reaction score
Nah. Mainly because "hey I post on wrestling forums" isn't an interesting topic to bring up.