Does Blood Have a Place in WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
What The Real Goat (Seabs) said. Blood packs are enough.
Wrestlers already hurt themselves enough as it is. They don't need to run around with razor blades in their mouths (that's where most of them hide them) or in their tape just over their wrist near a tone of arteries, waiting for an accident to happen.

It is easy enough now to fake bleeding through blood packs and fake blood now that gigs should no longer be needed.

RVD_86

Jobber
Reaction score
Yes absolutely. It is absolutely crazy that blood was stopped for the PG era. I understand the direction they are trying to take the company for being suitable and entertaining for the biggest audience they can, but even with a PG certificate I don't see any problem with bringing blood and swearing back. Those two things alone would make such a difference to the modern product! .....Let kids parents decide if the content is suitable for them if the WWE are that worried about losing the very young members of their fan base.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
WWE has a very conservative and short sided view on parents. I've never actually met a kid, who's parents barred them from watching. I think it's more about pleasing the PTC and sponsors.

TheWUKMaster1

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
One Word

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
thats 15 words

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Again with the "swearing makes things better" argument.

Do people honestly believe this? As in good to honest adults.

A promo does not become better because you allow talent to swear, it becomes worse. Because talent end up going lazy and relying on curse words for cheap pops.

The odd swear word is okay. But we should not allow talent to curse willy nilly.

If a wrestler needs cursing to get his or her character over and to standout. That wrestler is probably a garbage promo and has a shit character.
I sound like a grumpy old man, but the best promos don't need cursewords to look like badasses. And the best workers don't need blood to look like badasses.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Cursing their ever-living hearts out was a signature of both Austin and Rock.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
How about now?

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I have to say that with WWE's current programming, cursing has a much more profound impact. When you hear Taker call McMahon his dads bitch, it just has more of a badass/impactful feel/meaning to it. I think that the way it's going right now is good.

About the blood, despite it being extremely entertaining, blading isn't healthy. Blood capsules or going the Taker/Brock route and busting yourself open the hardway, is the best way to get the effect. And having it play an important roll is also good. Busting someone open shouldn't just be the norm, but an impactful and eventful plot to a story. This brings about the stoppages which I don't agree with. Legitimate fights don't stop when blood occurs but the WWE does, I get why they do that. But if they claim to test blood, then having blood flow without stoppages shouldn't be too big of a problem. Unless it gets Guerrero 2004 or Cena 2005 bad.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
they should never overuse it like they did back in the days. The more you use it, the less effectfull it becomes. If you do it twice a year on the big events, it will mean so much more than having it in every PPV main event of the year. This might be an unpopular opinion but most of the time blood is not needed when you know how to sell other body parts well enough.

_Neon_

Jobber
Reaction score
I don't feel blood is really something the WWE need. Yes like at Takeover Dallas it was cool to see Joe bleeding but if blood was still in the WWE I don't feel like this would been as much as a talking point. I think a good build and great story telling during a match is 10x better than a little or a lot of blood. So while it would be good to see it back every once in a while I don't think it has a REAL place in the WWE today.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I don't feel blood is really something the WWE need. Yes like at Takeover Dallas it was cool to see Joe bleeding but if blood was still in the WWE I don't feel like this would been as much as a talking point. I think a good build and great story telling during a match is 10x better than a little or a lot of blood. So while it would be good to see it back every once in a while I don't think it has a REAL place in the WWE today.
Some might say that bleeding and blood, in general, add to the story and build of a feud and match.