Does anyone on here genuinely think Cena is a bad wrestler?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Well from a technical standpoint he is piss poor.He is a decent storyteller when he wants to be but this is only when he is facing people like punk.Other then that he has the same matches and busts out the same moves.

Saylor

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.wweforums.net
John Cena is a great worker, athlete, competitor, and a very wise man. In all honesty he doesn't care what you guys think in terms of hating him, while the IWC do hate on him he get's his paycheck, whereas the complainers don't. John Cena simply ignore's the hate and rightfully so, because he's a legitimate money maker. I think he's one of the greatest superstars that's ever stepped foot into a wrestling ring.

Do we hate his numerous accomplishments? Of course. However, if you look at it from a business perspective the WWE will continue to sky rocket him in as many ways as possible to make as much money as they can. The reason we don't own a multi-million dollar business is because we're not in the same thinking zone as someone such as Vince McMahon, nor are we going to own a business as such.

As for John Cena being a bad wrestler, no, he isn't. John Cena is a good competitor, but the moves that are assigned to him are the ones given to him by the WWE as they're easily memorable, good combination (in the kids eyes) and just an all round decent set of moves (in the kids eyes). It's all marketing strategies and effective business minds that aren't changing his move set. Yes, he can add different moves into a match however the main moves are going to be the five moves of doom.

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Decent wrestler, but that's it.

The only 3 problems I have with him is:

- horrible no-selling (take another look vs. Punk on Raw)
- stale ass gimmick (who doesn't now this?)
- his look and facial expressions (they're so bad)

So I'd say, he CAN wrestle, but overall, he's just an average wrestler.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
He is nowhere near the likes of Punk, Bryan, Seth, Jericho, Ambrose etc.
Not that he is a bad wrestler, but he isn't great either. His matches has mostly the same boring pace, getting beat the entire match only to win by his infamous combination of moves in just one minute.
He has some great matches like his matches with Punk and HBK, but you get the feeling that the Cena you see wrestle Punk is just not the Cena you see wrestle Miz or any other wrestles, like if he only gives all he got in big matches.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Cena has a couple of positive attributes, but I feel most of his great matches are a result of him being incorporated into every major storyline WWE does. Take any number of guys and give him those storylines and they will have great matches as well. Cena's great matches are more a result of him getting EVERY big angle there is... seriously when was the last big angle that Cena didn't get involved with?

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I just looked it up. He main evented 9/12 ppvs in 2012, and one of them he was sidelined for. So 9/11.........That's remarkable, including the unforgetable matches with Kane at Elimination Chamber, John Laurinaitis at Over the Limit and Big Show at No Way Out. It would be nice if he just didn't hog all of the spotlight, but he is a decent wrestler

TheJoker

Jobber
Reaction score
His move-set is pretty limited and he can be sloppy at times(That damn hurricanrana :facepalm1:) but when it's all said and done he knows how to work a crowd and put on a good match despite those two in-ring flaws which is why the only time I'd complain about his in-ring work is when he really pisses me off with an all around sloppy performance, which isn't something that happens very often.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
He's very limited. He's not a bad wrestler, he just doesn't work on his top level in most matches. But when he's in big matches he delivers, no doubt. But DZ said something that's right, he's always involved in big angles so big matches come often for him and not so much for the rest.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Testify said:

- horrible no-selling (take another look vs. Punk on Raw) - He is usually selective of his selling but most WWE guys are sadly, you're a heel who bounces back up to a sequence or a face who doesn't feel pain. Not sure if that's a Cena problem or the company.
- stale ass gimmick (who doesn't now this?) - Agreed.
- his look and facial expressions (they're so bad) - Yeah this one is the most annoying of the lot, why is it when he looks in a submission he opens his mouth so wide?

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Dude can wrestle for sure.

It's just his gimmick and WWE holding him back on using certain moves..

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Testify said:

- horrible no-selling (take another look vs. Punk on Raw)
- stale ass gimmick (who doesn't now this?)
- his look and facial expressions (they're so bad)

Totally agree.
- His smile tortures me, he has that troll face that makes it impossible for you to like him if you aren't under the age of 10.

- He has the stalest character in the history of pro wrestling.

- Never puts anyone over clean, when you see John Cena loses clean, you should make a wish because it's a damn rare thing to see.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Leo C said:
His facial expressions are indeed cringeworthy. :dawg:

:annoyed: this smiley describes my face the best when I see him smiling.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Baraa said:
Totally agree.
- His smile tortures me, he has that troll face that makes it impossible for you to like him if you aren't under the age of 10.

- He has the stalest character in the history of pro wrestling.

- Never puts anyone over clean, when you see John Cena loses clean, you should make a wish because it's a damn rare thing to see.

None of this really has dick to do with wrestling ability.

"So bro, would you say I'm a good wrestler??"

"Nah dog, I hate your face!"

DarksideTrin

This meal is so unfinished EA tried to publish it!
Reaction score
ThreeXBetterThanU said:
~Three Said That~

anyone else find this annoying? (no offence)

Personally. He can wrestle, his early work showed that. But I think its more because he was moulded to be a Hogan clone... Get beat on for 20 minutes and then Cena up.. as Hulk up goes to make the big babyface comeback and win.

its the new hogan peeps....