Does anyone on here genuinely think Cena is a bad wrestler?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
seabs said:
(the rana was horrible but which other guy his size could do one? Or the suicide dive? There aren't many in the big two us companies)

I totally agree with your whole post but especially this. In all honesty, I don't even think a botch/dodgy delivery at that point was even that bad a thing tbh. To me it looked like Cena was so desperate to beat Punk that he had to try and pull off wacky moves.

Testify said:
Decent wrestler, but that's it.

The only 3 problems I have with him is:

- horrible no-selling (take another look vs. Punk on Raw)
- stale ass gimmick (who doesn't now this?)
- his look and facial expressions (they're so bad)

So I'd say, he CAN wrestle, but overall, he's just an average wrestler.

I don't really think the first two are his fault tbh. Similar to Ryback he's just been trained not to sell really. His facial expressions are so awful but still hilarious though.

b9d7bf18a46ade64f336870f4163b3a4._.jpg

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
Dolph'sZiggler said:
None of this really has dick to do with wrestling ability.

"So bro, would you say I'm a good wrestler??"

"Nah dog, I hate your face!"

I have already stated my opinion about his wrestling abilities :pity:

Baraa said:
He is nowhere near the likes of Punk, Bryan, Seth, Jericho, Ambrose etc.
Not that he is a bad wrestler, but he isn't great either. His matches has mostly the same boring pace, getting beat the entire match only to win by his infamous combination of moves in just one minute.
He has some great matches like his matches with Punk and HBK, but you get the feeling that the Cena you see wrestle Punk is just not the Cena you see wrestle Miz or any other wrestles, like if he only gives all he got in big matches.

That post you quoted was just to comment on what Testify said :pity:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
How many Ambrose matches have you seen? No offense intended but he was dog shit in the indies and only had good 1 on 1 matches when he had a great general with him (Rollins and Regal as examples) during HIS FCW run imho (everyone feel free to recommend me something different) and you can't judge him as a great wrestler off of those tag matches.

BaraaKhalaf92

Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
How many Ambrose matches have you seen? No offense intended but he was dog shit in the indies and only had good 1 on 1 matches when he had a great general with him (Rollins and Regal as examples) during HIS FCW run imho (everyone feel free to recommend me something different) and you can't judge him as a great wrestler off of those tag matches.

I don't watch indies, but just watching his matches with the Shield in the WWE so far gave me the clear impression that he is way better wrestler than Cena.

Roi

Champion
Reaction score
He's a decent wrestler. However he doesnt have the ability to carry or call a match so when placed with an ooponent who is less experienced or that is not that good, his matches can tend to be quite lame. However when in the ring with someone who can marshall a match, call the spots, guys like hbk, jericho, edge then cena can have great matches as has been seen over his career. However what you will also see over his career is that he doesnt have memorable matches unless they are with guys that are top notch. Another issue i have is his selling. Sometimes he takes a little shot and sells it like he's been killed. This man is 240 pound plus man who shouldnt sell so much on small shots. Then other times he can be beaten up such a great deal and then suddenly get up like he hasnt taken a hit.