Do you watch NXT?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
I pretty much do whenever I can. I catch it entertaining, and only being an hour helps it so much more.

Lady Deathbane

thanks for the unban, lmao
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
I watch it every week. I really do think it's WWE's best product right now.

The women (not divas... WOMEN) on the show are treated just as equally as men, same promo time, same match time, etc. instead of RAW/SD's regular bullshit formula they call a "feud", just having women attack each other backstage for some stupid reason, not knowing whether they're heel or face, riding men's coattails and having half-assed 5-10 minute matches. The NXT female roster is by far better than main product and I hope that continues to grow. That tells you a lot when developmental women are better than the "professional" women. :dawg:

TKK

Reaction score
Yes. Fucking love it, But the last 2 weeks have been shit, They have Bo as champ so it brings it down already and they are having a lot of squash matches recently.

So Bo Dallas being champion is enough for you instantly turn from loving a show to hating it? At least Bo's reign has shaken things up in the main event scene and gave the belt some credible challengers as well as a new perspective considering he's not being pushed nearly as hard as Langston was. Even if you don't like Bo, you can't say that his reign is any less enjoyable or entertaining than Langston's was. I've noticed a lot of Bo hate online since his world title reign, but he's been nothing apart from entertaining since getting the strap. His promos are hilariously bad and his first defence against Cesaro was one of the better NXT main events this year. I honestly don't get why everyone jumped on the anti Bo Dallas bandwagon so quickly.
Also, along with squash matches NXT seems to have as many feuds going on now than it ever did, so you should probably learn to take the negatives with the positives or you're screwing yourself out of some good wrasslin'.

Anyways, I've been a NXT fan since Redemption (Yellow Ropes Forever <3)!

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I don't personally think liking someone because their promos are bad to the point where it's funny is actually a decent reason to like them. I am a "Bo Dallas Hater", I put it in quotes because I don't literally hate him and him being champion doesn't ruin the show, but there are so many more talented performers who could benefit from the spotlight Bo has. Having a good match with Cesaro just isn't hard; the guy's ring work is superb.

I think it's silly that Adam can hate the show because of Bo, but I don't think it's silly to actually dislike Bo as a performer. The dude is boring as fuck.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan
So Bo Dallas being champion is enough for you instantly turn from loving a show to hating it? At least Bo's reign has shaken things up in the main event scene and gave the belt some credible challengers as well as a new perspective considering he's not being pushed nearly as hard as Langston was. Even if you don't like Bo, you can't say that his reign is any less enjoyable or entertaining than Langston's was. I've noticed a lot of Bo hate online since his world title reign, but he's been nothing apart from entertaining since getting the strap. His promos are hilariously bad and his first defence against Cesaro was one of the better NXT main events this year. I honestly don't get why everyone jumped on the anti Bo Dallas bandwagon so quickly.
Also, along with squash matches NXT seems to have as many feuds going on now than it ever did, so you should probably learn to take the negatives with the positives or you're screwing yourself out of some good wrasslin'.

Anyways, I've been a NXT fan since Redemption (Yellow Ropes Forever <3)!

I never liked Dallas just never, Its not that I hate the show because I didnt say that in any way, I just think Dallas as champ has brought the show down and I havent enjoyed the last 2 episodes that much.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I've noticed a lot of Bo hate online since his world title reign, but he's been nothing apart from entertaining since getting the strap. His promos are hilariously bad and his first defence against Cesaro was one of the better NXT main events this year. I honestly don't get why everyone jumped on the anti Bo Dallas bandwagon so quickly.

The title reign saved Bo. He was disliked and ignored before the reigns since he is quite frankly horrible (no natural charisma and his ring work is just not interesting In my and many others opinion). Giving him the belt the way they did gave the fans a legit reason to dislike the guy, thus creating heat and something for him to play off of and build a character around. Which has worked. He thinks himself a good guy but everyone hates him. It saved his career.

TKK

Reaction score
I don't personally think liking someone because their promos are bad to the point where it's funny is actually a decent reason to like them. I am a "Bo Dallas Hater", I put it in quotes because I don't literally hate him and him being champion doesn't ruin the show, but there are so many more talented performers who could benefit from the spotlight Bo has. Having a good match with Cesaro just isn't hard; the guy's ring work is superb.

I think it's silly that Adam can hate the show because of Bo, but I don't think it's silly to actually dislike Bo as a performer. The dude is boring as fuck.

You calling him boring as fuck just ruined your whole statement in my eyes, he's far from boring imo. Nearly everyone who watches NXT has an opinion on him either negative or positive unlike others like Jake Carter who completely flopped and couldn't get over when he was on the show so he's definitely doing something right and if he turns heel he's way less likely to have a split reaction from fans.

Shadie T

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
elgenerico
Favorite Wrestler
claudiocastagnoli
Favorite Wrestler
joeyryan

I dont hate the show because of Bo! I dont hate the show! I never said I did, He brings down the show but I dont hate it, I just havent liked the last 2 episodes.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
It wasn't a statement, it was an opinion. Bo bores the tears out of me and many others. He may get boo's but I don't think they are the boo's the back are looking for. The audience turning around not to face him isn't exactly "I'll buy the PPV to see you get beat" heat imo. Regardless of his reactions and how people talk about him away from NXT, that won't change my opinion that the dude is one of the dullest performers I've seen. His promos are absolutely terrible, his ring work is nothing special, his look is the definition of average - nothing makes me want to like Bo Dallas, and nothing makes me want to hate him. I skip every single segment he is in.

TKK

Reaction score
It wasn't a statement, it was an opinion. Bo bores the tears out of me and many others. He may get boo's but I don't think they are the boo's the back are looking for. The audience turning around not to face him isn't exactly "I'll buy the PPV to see you get beat" heat imo. Regardless of his reactions and how people talk about him away from NXT, that won't change my opinion that the dude is one of the dullest performers I've seen. His promos are absolutely terrible, his ring work is nothing special, his look is the definition of average - nothing makes me want to like Bo Dallas, and nothing makes me want to hate him. I skip every single segment he is in.

I find his promos enjoyable, they remind me a lot of Kurt Angle's early WWF work with the whole American hero gimmick. I will agree that his ring work isn't good, but he's 23 right now so I can look the other way as long as he lets his more experienced opponents control matches like he is doing currently. Also, you can't use crowd reactions to justify anything because it's fairly obvious that the NXT is full of plants, hence them immediately changing from cheering Bo to booing him after one or two promos.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Don't think they are plants. Wasn't Bo getting boo's even as a face? Or something like that. X-Pac get the fuck away heat was all that I heard. I'm unsure how you can relate his mic work to early Kurt Angle tbh. Kurt always had charisma, where as Bo has none of it. IMO anyway.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Don't understand the first statement, mainly the word "like". Him being so hilariously bad and watching the crowd completely X-Pac him makes the show more enjoyable.
But still, does being an "unintentional comedy character" make you want him pushed? No. It's just like an actual comedy character. This title reign's a joke and there's no way anyone with eyes can believe this guy's actually champion. Why push someone "so bad he's good" when you could push someone who's... ya know... good?

Plus if he got released tomorrow I'd laugh at that too. Good riddance.

As for his X-Pac (that's what it is) heat, lets not kid ourselves. It's clear as day now that they're pushing this guy as the top babyface despite being the biggest heat magnet on the roster (sound familiar?). This is just getting the fans to like guys like Kruger and Cesaro. Pretty sure that's a bad thing, but with all we've heard about "Oh, at least John Cena gets a reaction" maybe that's what they're going for. #wwelogic

NXT Redemption was amazing.

Reactions: Crayo