• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Do you think the recent WWE 2K games are boring?

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score
I haven't tried WWE 2K17 but I have played 2K16 on my PS4 and so far, it feels extremely repetitive and boring compared to many other WWE games of the past(though not as bad as 2K15, where it had even less game content than 2K16). WWE 2K16 just doesn't feel interactive enough(gameplay-wise) with the wrestling environment and almost all the wrestlers feel like they have the same exact moves(aside from their taunts and finishers). I, to this very day, still believe Smackdown Here Comes the Pain was the very best pro wrestling game ever made IMO with it's amount of content and interactivity it had for it's time, despite it's unrealistic, arcadey feel. I don't mind the newer WWE games aiming to be a more realistic wrestling simulation game but the least 2K Sports and Yukes can do is add a few more wrestling specialty matches/modes, add more out-of-the-ring and in-the-ring interactivity(for instance, slamming an opponent's face onto the barricade repeatedly, like in Smackdown vs Raw 2007), make the gameplay a little more fast-paced, make the controls a little more simple(and less frustrating) and make all the playable wrestlers actually standout with completely different wrestling moves instead of giving them all the chain wrestling moves.

What are your guys' thoughts on the recent WWE 2K video games?

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Haven't played the new video games. Not much of a gamer anymore and don't feel like paying for it. But Here Comes the Pain was my shiiiiit broooo. I have a disgusting amount of hours invested into that game. Shut Your Mouth was dope too. The storyline was sweet. Underrated for sure.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I haven't played any of the games since the 2013 one I think... Was that prior to the 2K buyout? I'm not even sure.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I haven't played any of the games since the 2013 one I think... Was that prior to the 2K buyout? I'm not even sure.
I believe 2k14 was the first one so you might be referring to THQ's last game (and one of the company's last games too, RIP)

But yes, compared to the narrative that old games provided these are boring as hell, but its improving, 2k17 career is better than 2k16 and so on. But my all time favourite will always be No Mercy.

Loved that game.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I believe 2k14 was the first one so you might be referring to THQ's last game (and one of the company's last games too, RIP)

But yes, compared to the narrative that old games provided these are boring as hell, but its improving, 2k17 career is better than 2k16 and so on. But my all time favourite will always be No Mercy.

Loved that game.

I worded that wrong... lol 2013 year so that would have been 2k14 yea? Sports games come out a year ahead I think.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
If it was John Cena on the cover then it was 2k14 XD

Twas this one

WWE_2K14_cover.jpg

Came out October 29th 2013

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
I don't think they're boring. I'm actually really entertained playing Universe Mode quite a lot, making interesting match-ups and rivalries for every PPV, however, My Career mode is repetitive, hopefully you can start up as an indie wrestler in 2k18 and face different opponents every week, in 2k17 you're facing the same opponents almost every week.

Reactions: RedDwarfTechy

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I don't think they're boring. I'm actually really entertained playing Universe Mode quite a lot, making interesting match-ups and rivalries for every PPV, however, My Career mode is repetitive, hopefully you can start up as an indie wrestler in 2k18 and face different opponents every week, in 2k17 you're facing the same opponents almost every week.

I should qualify saying that my main focus is and always has been career mode. And that is boring compared to the old ones either with Road to Wrestlemania or that No Mercy story mode which had branching storylines (albeit quite direct but hey, it was N64 era!)

Must download Project64 and see if i can find a 'backup' sometime to give it a run through again.

Closed

The Game
Banned
Reaction score
They're very boring. That's coming from someone who went 15/2 in the league last year and has way too many hours of online play clocked in. The last good 2K game was 2K14 since it had everything. People could get up one day and decide they want to make a TNA or ROH universe. Yeah, you can do that in 2K17, but you'll be forced to stop when you reach the 20 download limit per day. You could also create fun stories, and you could download some off CC. I remember some good creators back then who released shows each week. A lot of them were better than the WWE shows we got each week. So yeah, the new next gen games are very boring. I just play them because of the 2K league at this point

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
They're very boring. That's coming from someone who went 15/2 in the league last year and has way too many hours of online play clocked in. The last good 2K game was 2K14 since it had everything. People could get up one day and decide they want to make a TNA or ROH universe. Yeah, you can do that in 2K17, but you'll be forced to stop when you reach the 20 download limit per day. You could also create fun stories, and you could download some off CC. I remember some good creators back then who released shows each week. A lot of them were better than the WWE shows we got each week. So yeah, the new next gen games are very boring. I just play them because of the 2K league at this point

I remember the stories! they were fun!

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I honestly can't see any reason to play them unless you are in a league or have friends to play with. Seems like the story modes are crap anymore from what I read and the creative aspect is the same thing over and over again, only adding in minor new options.

Aztecwarrior480

The Artiste
Reaction score

Loved that game.
WWF No Mercy was so fun that you could even possibly do a Royal Rumble match backstage(if you knew how to tweak the match rules properly), lol.