Do You Believe The Miz Deserves The WWE Championship?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
This is a tough one for me to answer because I have been a fan for most of this year and the guy has really really grown on me.

First off it was a 'fluke' victory after Orton had been attacked by 6 guys and went through a 5 minute match with Wade in which he only won because he was saved by John Cena. That's the kayfabe way of looking at things.

Now let's do this. The guy has been through a shitload of hassling in the WWE locker room throughout his years in the company even to the extent that he was kicked out of the locker room for 6 months for spilling chicken crumbs on a referee's bag and that's a shoot.

The guy went through all kinds of hassling from fans because he came off The Real World and had never wrestled before to my knowledge.

Of course then there is the point that guys like Curt Hennig, Jake Roberts, Ted Dibiase, Jerry Lawler, Arn Anderson, British Bulldog, Owen Hart, Scott Hall, etc etc worked their asses off for in most cases upwards of 20 years without getting the privilege of holding a WWE Championship while The Miz has only been with the company for 4 years this year.

Then there is the argument of if guys like The Great Khali can wear the WWE Title then what is the problem with The Miz as champion?

Personally I'm on the side of Hennig, Hall, Roberts, Dibiase, etc but I don't mind him being champion at all because today is a new day, it's a new generation.

So which side are you on?

(Rambled a bit and this is not in order but I'm tired)

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Guys like Bulldog and Hall are hacks that never should've been WWE champion.

As for Miz, absolutely, he deserves it. He's developed into a great personality. Charismatic as hell, great mic skills, entertaining promos. Not the best guy in the ring, but Randy Orton, Barrett, Kane and Sheamus can't wrestle a lick either and they're all main eventers, so what the fuck. In ring skill is totally useless in a fake sport anyway. Keep the belt on him for a while, he's earned this run for how hard he's worked at fine tuning himself.

Don Draper

Reaction score
No he doesn't deserve it, he is terrible in the ring, lacks main event presence and charisma and rely's way too much on cheap heat. He doesn't even have the proper look of a champion he's small and generic, if you're bad in 2 major area's (in ring, presence) and expect to be World Champion you have to be great in another area (ie Mysterio isn't great on the mic and is small but is a draw and talented in the ring. Khali is terrible at just about everything but could draw in India and was a monster)

Miz just doesn't look like a champion to me and I can't take him seriously when he can only manage to beat a 61 year old man with the help of his lackey and a announcer.

Nitemare

Reaction score
I think Miz has earned his stripes. The kid, as stated, has stupid charisma, and he is a great worker. He has a true amateur background and got his foot in the door with Tough Enough. He jerked the curtain on house shows, then on live shows, then went to mid card, then teaming with Morrison really put him over and now he's had the US title run and now the WWE title.

From everything he posts on Twitter he seems like a genuinely nice guy who doesn't take the opportunity he's been given lightly. You can't make the same argument for some of those guys.

I watched him on Real World when he had his run ins with Coral over racism, which was not him actually being a racist like she tried to make things out to be, but more of his small town naivity.

A little known fact is that Mike was Dave Chappelle's inspiration for The Mad Real World character Chad.

______________________________________________​

Tyree: "Naw, you got that all wrong. Lysol had sex with Katie. I just filmed it."

Katie: "No Tyree, you had sex with me to."

Charlie Murphy: "Correction. I had sex with Katie to."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmZX_645W4E

Kairi

Reaction score
Miz was my favorite character on the real world. So I'm biased, but I'm saying yes anyway because I do feel he worked his way up. It is not like they just threw the title on him.

I will even give you the fact the way he cashed it in might have been a little wrong, but that is why you can cash it in anytime you get ready. He wanted to be champion, seen a good time to do it, and as a heel character it played perfectly.

Chuck Norris

Reaction score
No he doesn't deserve it, he is terrible in the ring, lacks main event presence and charisma and rely's way too much on cheap heat. He doesn't even have the proper look of a champion he's small and generic, if you're bad in 2 major area's (in ring, presence) and expect to be World Champion you have to be great in another area (ie Mysterio isn't great on the mic and is small but is a draw and talented in the ring. Khali is terrible at just about everything but could draw in India and was a monster)

Miz just doesn't look like a champion to me and I can't take him seriously when he can only manage to beat a 61 year old man with the help of his lackey and a announcer.

Miz lacks charisma? He has the best, and out of the terrible heels in the WWE right now, he is EASILY the best. He can make a crowd hate him in an instant, and he can do it better than I have ever seen. I've seen him life dozens of times, and man he can attract heat better than LeBron James in Cleveland.

And once he beats Orton at TLC it'll make him look better. And for future reference, Lawler looked like a better worker than half of the entire WWE roster, so don't call him any 61-year old man. lol.

MrMister

Reaction score
Ask me this after his reign is over. I'll have a better perspective.

Apparently he works really hard so I think he deserves a title reign based off of that. I will say he's gotten a bit stale with me. Maybe this title can help him. Does he have any creative control over his character though? I honestly don't know the answer to this question.

SAL

Reaction score
In this WWE, being a top champion doesn't mean nearly what it meant 20 or 15 or even 10 years ago. How many reigns would a guy like Edge have had if he were 20 years older? Probably as many as Piper/Perfect/Dibiase/etc got. In this WWE, Miz absolutely deserves it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Not a lot of guys say they want WWE to basically be their whole life and willing to do whatever WWE needs them to do to be the poster boy of the WWE. Miz pretty much wants all that and literally worked his way up from the bottom so he deserves it just based on that. This isn't even taking into account his skills.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I'm hoping he holds it until Elimination Chamber and loses it to Barrett, who gets to carry it into WrestleMania to face Cena. Anything else is a mistake imo.

???

Banned
Reaction score
Kind of. He still has a real midcarder stigma to him and doesn't feel like he belongs in the main event scene, especially if the booking of his first title defence. So in that sense, no, he doesn't feel deserving of the title. At the same time, you have to reward hard work, and he's a guy who has worked his ass off to get where he is. Hopefully he gets one or two wins under his belt before dropping it to someone who can have a big main event match, like an Orton or a Cena, at WrestleMania.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I think Miz absolutely deserves it, but as much as i love him he lacks the presence of a champion. He's been pushed into the WWE title when he hasn't really had enough exposure in the main event scene before. That's why it feels like he's still such a mid-carder or too young or whatever, and i believe it's the same reason Swagger's reign failed as well as Punk's first reign. They definately deserved their reigns, but booking was holding them back.

Speaking of which, i also don't like the booking for Miz right now either. We can't take him seriously as a champion when he wins the title straight after a 7-1 beatdown, then just barely manages to defend it a week later by using two other guys for back-up against a 61 year old man. Miz is being booked extremely weak as a champion even in comparison to Punk's first reign and Swagger's.

Then there's the fact that they've given him the title right in the middle of the payoff stage of the Nexus-Cena fued...