Dixie's Plans For Sting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

This Guy

TNA with a 1 hour time slot does not need a 4th belt. And Scott Stiener doesn't deserve a title. And Homicide should stick to tag team wrestling as LAX

phantomgerald

Sometimes you need to update the belts rather than just use the same old style belt. I mean looking at the world cup trophy, they had to change it in the 90's and made it look more attractive than before. So why not they manipulate the old belt and make it look more attractive?

if you're talking about the soccer world cup, then the cup was changed in 1970 instead of in the 90's. considering how much longer it has been. the NWA belt have a timless look to it so i don't mind it

Mike1989

Reaction score
Personally i feel they should form their own belt, TNA heavyweigt title and stop taking off the NWA name. But for me i feel the NWA title is fine for now but they do need to consider making their own like the tag titles also.

Spiral

Reaction score
Yes their own title called the 'TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP' would be good.

phantomgerald

wouldn't make a real diff. for example, either the world heavyweight championship or the wwe champ(cun remember wich) is not an originanal wwe title. plus, making a new title would mean ruining all the history

Reaction score
and like this guy said, with a on ehour time slot per week. a 4th belt is def. no twhat tna needs. it would waste time... especuially becaue the hack job russo is doing on tna. they would nvr be able to defend the belts. they barely do as it is.

OsamaHussian

Reaction score
wouldn't make a real diff. for example, either the world heavyweight championship or the wwe champ(cun remember wich) is not an originanal wwe title. plus, making a new title would mean ruining all the history

I'm guessing you mean the World HeavyWeight Championship which was introduced in September 2002 after Brock Lesnar (who was the Undisputed champion at the time)"signed with Smackdown".So then someone(i forget) claimed that the title is no longer undisputed and that lead to the word Undisputed being dropped from the name and it just went back to be called the WWE title.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TNA was originally a member of the National Wrestling Alliance, with the company known as NWA-TNA, but withdrew from them in 2004, in the process acquiring the rights to the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and the NWA World Tag Team Championship until 2014.

Reaction score
to answer your question, this is from wikipedia

TNA withdrew from the NWA in 2004 but secured the rights to use the NWA World Heavyweight Championship and NWA World Tag Team Championship until 2014. TNA can use the titles any way they see fit while not incurring the rule of the NWA Board of Directors. While these titles are still defended in several NWA territories and feds, they are currently exclusive to TNA. Because of TNA's success on Spike TV, Pro Wrestling Illustrated (as of the August 2006 issue) re-instated "world title status" back to both Heavyweight and Tag Team belts.

also while i was on that page, i found this.
During the glory days of the NWA, the NWA World Heavyweight Champion was required to place a USD$25,000 security deposit to the NWA treasurer to ensure that the champion did not leave the NWA with the belt. When the champion lost the title, the deposit was returned, plus any interest that has accumulated over time.
i dint know that, and i thought that was interesting

imported_Loki

Reaction score
eventually i think that they will make thier own belt but they need more fans and more ratings so when they reveal thier own belt more notice will be brought to it and thus making it a more memorable moment

This Guy

Basically, eventually what will happen is 1 of 2 things.

1) They will create a new belt design and just awarded it to the current NWA Champion claiming they just renamed the title and therefore keep there title history dating back to Ken Shamrock in one peice.

or...

2) They will introduce a TNA World Title prior to losing the rights of the NWA title, and will then have a unifacation match when its time to drop the NWA Title.

phantomgerald

honestly, i don't see what the big deal is. the belt is just a sign of whos the tna champ and everyone who watches tna knows that

xtremebadass

It doesn't matter if it's the NWA belt or not, the NWA isn't in control of it, TNA is because TNA can make more money of it than the NWA ever could

Ben

Reaction score
- Sting was originally scheduled to appear on the 1/31 iMPACT! show but at this point has not signed a new contract with TNA Wrestling. Dixie Carter is aware of the WWE rumor and would be disappointed if he jumped ship and left TNA. She has told creative to create a storyline for Sting's return.

Source: LOP

I really hope he doesn't resign. He's done the save TNA from the heel storyline to death and the last thing they need to do is another one. Even if it's a long shot I hope he takes the money and runs and goes to the WWE.

Phenomenal1

Reaction score
*WARNING* Old lame joke coming. *WARNING* Hey Bischoff, 1996 called. They want their storyline back.