Dixie's Plans For Sting

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

King_Ash

Reaction score
Why doesnt TNA have their own belt?

Can't they afford one or something??

RATED-RKO21

Reaction score
is not that they cant afford it its that it was build by jarrets family and they have been apart of the nwa for a while so they have the nwa world title which is the best championship belt in the world every wrestler in any organization wants and would love to hold that title

xtremebadass

No, they own the rights to the NWA Tag and World titles until either 2010 or 2008 or something, so after that they will probably create their own belts like WCW did. I am not sure about the X Division belt though, I am pretty sure that's an origianl TNA belt eventhough it says NWA on it.

4lkz

Reaction score
They only have them until 2008 or 2010? I never knew that.

This Guy

The NWA has the longest title liniage of any championship belt out there (though it be scwed in contraversy over different situations)

The National Wrestling Association (not the NWA we now know) started in 1903. The National Wrestling Alliance (which is the NWA we all know now), started in like the 40's or 50's.

Somewhere near the beginging of the Allaince, they had a unifaction match. The original NWA folded shortly after.

World Championship Wrestling became part of the NWA, and although they did have there own WCW Championship, they also had the NWA Championship. Unlike the agreement with TNA the NWA titles were not exclusive to WCW, but WCW did have control of them. (why the belt never got dropped to a none WCW wrestler.)

In 1991, Ric Flair left WCW and was the current NWA World Heavyweight Champion. When NWA refused to repay his deposit on the belt, Flair sent the belt to the WWE where Bobby Heenan holding the NWA Title on WWE's weekly TV declared "The REAL World Champion is coming to the WWF" (WWE's name at the time) Flair arrived and after lawsuits and what not the NWA title was returned to the NWA who crownd a new champion. Flair was officially stripped of the championship.

Another skew in the liniage happened when the NWA and WCW severed all ties with eachother. But because WCW had paid the fee to Flair to get the belt back in the above incedent they kept the belt, and the NWA went back to there traditional design that you know now. The NWA Title was renamed in WCW the Internationl Title which was currently held by Rick Rude and fueded with Ric Flair who was now back in WCW. Eventually I beleive Sting won the International Title while Ric Flair won the WCW Title. Flair and Sting unified the belts with Flair going over, and the WCW Title belt was scrapped in favour of the big Gold Belt that was the NWA Title then International Title and was now the WCW Title belt.

When WCW was bought by WWE, the WCW title was defended and changed hands up to The Rock when WCW was droped the WCW Title was renamed the World Heavyweight Championship. Rock lost the title to Jericho in the Unification tournement in 2001, and Jericho then went on to beat Austin to win the WWE Title as well to become the Undisputed Champion. In the summer of 2002 the belts we reseperated as they are currently. Therefore in many ways the World Heavyweight Title that Batista holds is the original NWA liniage.

Other problems with the NWA title....Eastern Championship Wrestling became part of the National Wrestling Alliance, much like TNA has done now. Todd Gordon the creator of ECW & his buisness partner Paul Heyman, decided to sever ties with the NWA and go in there own direction changing the company to Extreme Championship Wrestling and Shane Douglas won the NWA Title in which he then threw down the title and declared himself the new/first ECW Champion. Again the NWA took back there belt and crownd a new champion.

When TNA started they made a deal for the NWA Titles, as mentioned its a limited deal and was used to help jump start TNA with a ligit wrestling history. Sadly as you the man who started this post, are not really aware of this history and therefore don't care. This is why as someone else said most likely TNA assuming they are still a stable company will most likely not renew there ties with the NWA as the majority of most tv watching fans don't know and/or care about the NWA histoy.

(I know some of my details are not accurate but there as close as I remember)

King_Ash

Reaction score
So the current World Heavyweight Championship belt once was the NWA World title?

kinganarchy13

Reaction score
So the current World Heavyweight Championship belt once was the NWA World title?

yes and no. the history of the title is disputed. on WWE.com's title history, they list Triple H as the first World Heavyweight Champion. however, on numorus occasions, theyve reffered to guys like Harley Race, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes (among others) as holding this title. so its kind of a slipperly slope.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
Also note that NWA let's TNA use the main title there because when Shane Douglas denounced the title, it really killed it and the time in between that and TNA's inseption was known as the dark ages fro the NWA title. So TNA gives prestige to the ttle and the title gives prestige to TNA.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Just for reference. It is the old NWA title as seen here:

flair.jpg

Wrestling Station

Sometimes you need to update the belts rather than just use the same old style belt. I mean looking at the world cup trophy, they had to change it in the 90's and made it look more attractive than before. So why not they manipulate the old belt and make it look more attractive?

xtremebadass

because they haven't changed the NWA World title ever since it debuted, it's originaland want to kepp the original look

RonaldMcDonald

Reaction score
I think TNA needs another belt because it would gte the rest of the roster up to get the nwe belt. maybe a Telivision Title or something like that would fit perfect for Wrestlers like Scott Stiener and Homicide.