Divas you miss seeing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

Isn't that what being a Diva is all about.

Sure. I don't have a problem with it. I like it. I was just pointing out to Airfixx that what he said isn't the case, because he was trying to make it seem like there was alot of actual wrestling back in Trish's day.

Airfixx

:roll1: You mean the day when every episode had a bikini contest, and we had a WWE promoted "Girls Gone Wild" PPV, as well as a "Divas Undressed" special, where they competed for the best thong? That's what was really happening. People look back on the early 2000s and think of it as a time when the divas only wrestled. That's completely backwards. There were ones who could wrestle, but those like Victoria, Jazz, and Molly was barely used. Apart from Trish and Lita, all the divas did was pretty much the previously mentioned bikini contests and wet t-shirt contests.

....Those I mentioned were mainstays for the womens ppv matches and said matches, on a regular basis, knocked 7 shades of shit out of anything we see these days. Would have to look back at specific cards for an examples but much of the time if there was a chick-gimmick type of match on PPV you'd often still get a title match too.

the dark knight

...it is still the same period of time we had more bikini contests and HLA than ever.

seX-Power

...it is still the same period of time we had more bikini contests and HLA than ever.

He wasn't implying there weren't these things, he was saying that the proper divas back then were way better than the ones we have now.

MikeRaw

No he wasn't. He was saying this:
Trish, Lita, Jazz, Victoria, Molly.... Basically those from the days when the girls could actually work.
As if to say the divas today can't work. I agree that Victoria, Lita, and Trish, are better than any of the divas today, but it's not as if none of them today can work a good match. Mickie, Melina, Beth, Natalya, Gail Kim, and Michelle are all pretty good. I just wanted to point out that sometimes people overrate the past, especially when it comes to divas, because back then, there was like 35-40% wrestling for the divas, and 60% sexual stuff, while today there's literally like 95& wrestling. I agree that the skills of the few that did wrestle back then were higher than the skill of all the divas wrestlers today, but I just think people overrate it a bit.

Airfixx

Yes, I insinuated that the girls I listed were significantly superior workers than those we have today and I stand by that. That said, I made NO comment in relation to whether to total package of the women's scene was any better (that wasn't what the thread was about)so please stop with the wild interpretations and stick with the words I DID write.

the dark knight

its your fault the words YOU wrote weren't what was actually on your mind. sorry man, i get your point now but looking at your first post it wasn't what you said at all.

Airfixx

its your fault the words YOU wrote weren't what was actually on your mind. sorry man, i get your point now but looking at your first post it wasn't what you said at all.

How exactly does my original post 'stray' from my explaination which followed?

It may have been comparatively vague, but that still points toward the reader making assumptions (that could have been questioned, rather than ridiculed at first sight).