Divas Contract Signing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com

On Smackdown last night marked the first Divas Contract signing in WWE history. Personally, I think the entire segment highlighted the feud well between AJ and Kaitlyn and was AJ's best heel performance to date. On top of that, the ending was strong and gave some more momentum to Kaitlyn going into MITB on Sunday.

What were your thoughts on the segment? Do you think we could see a new Divas champion crowned at MITB?

Punk_Axel_Ziggler_Fan

The Artiste
Reaction score
Only watch the first 40 minutes of SmackDown as the stream sucked, but this is pretty good. This feud has really pushed the divas division. AJ vs. Kaitlyn has ladted at least 3 months, yet I don't think they've feuded enough yet. Kelly Kelly vs. Brie bella lasted 3 months and I was wishing it had ended at this point. Really interesting feud. Maybe Layla or Natalya could interfere in the title match.

Chaz

The Artiste
Reaction score
Kaitlyn looked just eww.

Anyways, the segment was pretty good imo, don't get why they had to bring all the diva's out there.. I mean if you give them TV Time at least give them a role, don't let them just stand there for nothing.

Reactions: Lady Deathbane

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
Kaitlyn looked just eww.

Anyways, the segment was pretty good imo, don't get why they had to bring all the diva's out there.. I mean if you give them TV Time at least give them a role, don't let them just stand there for nothing.

I agree with what you said about the roles of the other Divas. Unfortunately for the other Divas in the division, there haven't been any other developed storylines and feuds to present to the fans. Therefore, they're put in these situations where they stand around looking pretty either during a segment between AJ/Kaitlyn or used as arm candy during some male matches. Having only one title belt might have something to do with that but overall I think management isn't that invested in developing the division any further, and as a result the fans don't care much about it either. One positive, however, is that AJ and Kaitlyn are moving the division in the right direction by giving the division some much-needed attention and hopefully that will help develop more storylines and feuds in the future.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
It was indeed a very good segment for the Divas. This AJ/Kaitlyn feud should be revisited quite a few times in the future, it works well. Great Spear by Kaitlyn as always, and it's nice to see some spotlight at least on the Divas when they actually give them something to do.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Agree to disagree there. Personally I feel that it is as dead as before AJ got her push.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Are you crazy? They get weekly build time, and it has actually been great build. Way more than anything we've had in recent years.

Anyway, Kaitlyn's spear was beautiful in this segment. Just seen it for the second time today and wow.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I won't disagree on the build. They are trying and they are getting time.

I just can't find a personal reason to care in either diva involved. The build itself is quite good and the division is good from that standpoint. I just think the players in the division are uninteresting. I'd like to see most of the divas more fleshed out as characters. Give me a reason to care about them from the word go. Most are either bubbly, happy go lucky girls or bitches. I'd like some diversity.

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
I thought it was great, personally. The division is a huge pile of shit and these two are making it so that people can take it at least a bit more seriously than anyone has for a long time. I wasn't too fond of Kaitlyn before but she is growing on me.

Thing is, when these two are done feuding, there really isn't anyone else....

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
No way does AJ lose the title tomorrow night. Not unless they want to do some kind of swerve where she wins the belt right back on a Raw or at Summerslam. Either way, once the AJ/Kaitlyn rivalry ends, don't expect anything other than AJ still being the Diva's Champion. If I didn't already believe it wouldn't take so long to debut a new Diva from NXT (like Paige or someone), I'd say keep the belt on AJ all the way up until Wrestlemania. Have her escape with the title against any Diva she is put up against until one finally shows up to dethrone her.

Btw, this is the first feud between women since Trish Stratus and Lita (which was the first period) that actually has me interested, so kudos to them for that.

Reactions: Roi

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
It's interesting. There hasn't been this kind of build up for a Diva's match for a long long time. AJ and Kaitlyn work very good together, and the segment was interesting. Kaitlyn's spear looked completely brutal, as if she tore AJ apart. I don't see anything bad coming out of this feud, since the division was completely dead before. My only wonder is, when AJ/Kaitlyn is done, who will step up next? The other divas seem to be just no characters and dull at the moment. They can debut a new Diva, but I only hope that WWE doesn't screw that Diva up in the future.

Reactions: Crayo