Dismantle 3MB before the actual stock tanks...even more

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheStuSays

Reaction score
I absolutely fell back in love with the WWE after college only two years ago...and now I find myself enjoying it even more, BUT, nothing makes me second guess my time management more than sitting in front of the TV and seeing 3MB make their way down.

Heath Slater is a bafoon...the 3MB angle is so incredibly terrible that I cannot even fathom how someone could sit there and write that, let alone, hand it to the next pair of eyes and them undoubtedly *revise* it and scale it down to be what it is that we see. Seriously, comedy role aside, if you are going to try and bring some kind of 'band' angle into the WWE at least have at the helm talent that can actually make you think they know how to play air guitar, or even, someone that may have been marching band in high school.

Seeing 3MB interact with each other makes my skin crawl. It goes back to the age old debate...who can bring charisma to the mic and who can't. 3MB individually and together just do not have the skills in place that make them seem even like a budding and workable group of talent. Perhaps that is the reason in the end the WWE even spliced together these three points of talent; divided they were even worse of an investment and took up triple the time.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
While I do believe the group can serve a purpose (putting bigger names over and working shows like superstars) I don't understand how much TV time they get... I never liked Slater from the time the whole Nexus angle started (other than the returning superstars beating him angle, but that was more for those guys than it was Slater), McIntyre despite having a good "look" just doesn't seem to have any quality that seperates him from the crowd and Mihal has a gimmick proven to draw great heel heat and gets nothing from it... keep em off of Raw, let em job out on Smackdown and work decent Superstars matches

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I dislike Health Slater but he did serve a purpose as a guy who was an overly easy victory for just about anyone on the roster. Someone you like to see lose, you know? Collectively, 3MB is a useless group that brings no entertainment value to me at all. Health Slater by himself was enough. The other two seem like fish out of water trying to be a gang of "musicians." hmm .. maybe that's the point.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
3MB is the Mean Street Posse.

Noone in that group was ever going to draw a dime by themselves, so why not have a comedic faction to counteract the Shield.

They will interact with nostalgic acts, and be the butt of jokes, and I see nothing wrong with that.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
The commentators are constantly putting them over as goofball lunatics so I think that's the point, to be as cringeworthy as possible until they all get RKO'd. 3MB is actually pretty over in the sense that they are jobbers people actually want to see get squashed. You can argue a lack of mic skills or charisma (Mahal and Drew probably aren't used to playing obnoxious, comedy gimmicks in the first place), but the group seems to have achieved its intended purpose.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Noone in that group was ever going to draw a dime by themselves, so why not have a comedic faction to counteract the Shield.

They will interact with nostalgic acts, and be the butt of jokes, and I see nothing wrong with that.

This, completely. Although I do think McIntyre could do better with how much he's improved over the last couple years. But even if you're a McIntyre fan, you can't get mad with him getting more TV time even if it's as a joke like this.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
To be honest, Slater and McIntyre are kinda growing on me. I'd dump Jinder Mahal (tell him to go to Ra Ka King if it's still up and running) and have Slater and McIntyre remain a tag team for the tag division. Perhaps take them in a new direction in another year and repackage them with a Black Metal gimmick or some shit, idk..

I'd still rather see 3MB than Hornswoggle, Khali and Teddy Long.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah Mahal just doesn't even look like he belongs with McIntyre and Slater. Can't think of any reason why they picked him to be the third guy other than his out-of-placeness (new word) being funny. Could think of a few other jobbers that would fit in better like Hawkins, McGillicutty, etc.

Watching Mahal struggle at the air guitar is hilarious though.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Somebody on the crack WWE creative team thought Air-Sitar was hilarious and so.....Let's keep it going for months.

Even years....someone thought a giant love muffin was funny, so they did it twice with Viscera and Khali.....Y'know because it worked so great for Mark Henry during the Attitude Era.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score

This is a great point and why I don't really mind them. They aren't going anywhere up the card anytime soon but serve their purpose.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
To be honest, I thought Slater played the role better and was semi-successful with it on his own without adding the extra, unneeded baggage.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Slater is a great obnoxious heel, way better than The Miz in fact.

Not saying Heath Slater 4 World Champ here, but he mos def deserves his spot on TV.

Mick Donalds

Banned
Reaction score
Hawkins would have been the perfect addition to 3MB.

Maybe they can dump Jinder Mahal and take on Hawkins instead? Film a segment where they fire Jinder in the studio and bring in Curt.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Hawkins would have been the perfect addition to 3MB.

Maybe they can dump Jinder Mahal and take on Hawkins instead? Film a segment where they fire Jinder in the studio and bring in Curt.

This is the best post I have ever seen on this forums. Give this man an award.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't mind 3MB at all and I think that it is better that these three are getting tv time rather than being stuck in dark matches. They aren't meant to be the next NWO, they are a comedic midcard JOB squad. They are there for others to beat up and to lighten up the show for a bit, at least they can be taken somewhat seriously in the ring rather than Khali and Hornswoggle. It isn't going to be a long term thing anyway, I can't see the whole group lasting for years, although I can see Heath Slater keeping this same gimmick one the group is done. I don't mind the idea of 3MB firing Jinder Mahal and holding auditions to find another member, would be an entertaining vignette.