Dislike of Sheamus!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Brett

Reaction score
I don't despise sheamu's character per say but i think he is over the top and goofy, also his irish accent kinda bugs me. Sheamus like john cena too me screams 'PG' which is not the direction a lot of wwe fans want the company too head in.

Do you agree that his character is over the top and cartoony? I woulden't mind if he turned heel and took on a whole new persona but i feel his character appeals more too kids who are just tuning into wwe, i mean come on he looks like a character out of the simpsons. I think however a lot of veteran wwe fans like me who used too love the attitude era prefer wrestlers such as cm punk, wade barrett, tyson kid, brodus clay, dolph ziggler, randy orton, alberto del rio and daniel bryan who would not have looked out of place in the WWE back in 1998 and really are the most entertaining talent the wwe have too offer at the moment.

i am probably in the minority here but i would be happy too see his character leave and go too TNA in a few years time but that may not happen?

Reactions: 1 person

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
You sir need some taste because Sheamus is a BEAST. Yes he's been scaled back alot to become more PG friendly but that's not his fault is it, it's the WWE's. When he had that feud with Henry leading into SummerSlam he reminded me alot of Orton, an aggressive style face rather than the happy go lucky irishman he is now.

Also, you dislike Sheamus because his character is over the top and cartoony but then you say you prefer BRODUS FUCKING CLAY? Get the hell out of here.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Would think you would've said, his character just turned into a Chatty Finlay.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
i'm reading this and all i got from it was I would cheer for him if he was a heel.

Proof

Reaction score
i'm reading this and all i got from it was I would cheer for him if he was a heel.

Let's just turn everyone heel, then it'd be cool, amirite?

On a serious note, the moment they stopped his irish destroyer gimmick was the moment Sheamus lost all credibility in my eyes. He doesn't seem over the top from the little bits I've seen now and then, but he definitely needs a sharper edge, he's pretty dull nowadays.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I like Sheamus and he is probably number two on my list of favorites behind CM Punk. He carries himself well and I don't think he is over the top in any way. He can be tough when he needs to and funny when he needs to.
Who is over the top? Tensai. What a ridiculous character and he is at the very bottom of the barrel to me. :) I hope he pops a Tic Tac before he gets in the ring and starts his "Tsssss Tssssss" breathing technique.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
OP was doing good until he said he should go to TNA in a few years.

Nothing wrong with Sheamus in ring but his character sucks now, he's basically an Irish Cena but even more annoying.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Although Sheamus face kinda sucks, you can't deny that the guy has done a top job of getting over as a face and carrying himself (not done too well as champ carrying himself though). Also anyone who says he sucks in ring needs to give their head a wobble.

LAOCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I don't think he's bad as a face it's just the way his character has been built, he's no longer that BADASS face who wants to fight you anywhere any time with no apologies about his actions after wards like he was against Henry last year, he's now i wanna fight but only when it suits the GM.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not blaming in at all, just what I see of him now kind of makes me cringe. I mean we had that thing where he msitakingly brogue kicked Chad Patton, got fined and told if he touched anymore ref's he'd be fired, instead of testing this to the limits, we saw a Sheamus who comformed to the punishment. His promos are also kinda corny.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
He isn't an 'Irish Cena.

the guy plays an Irishmen who loves to fight, like Finlay, but more of a chatty Kathy-er version.

The thing that makes him look like a tool, is the whole "I'm Sorry for kicking ya fella" shit he was doing with Orton. It just makes him look like an apologizing fgt, he should never have to apologize for shit, he's the champ.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Agree with Deezy on this one, overall character is fine but he needs to stay more towards Ass Kicker and less toward friendly guy. His comedy doesn't really bother me though.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Sheamus is fine, he's just been booked SO poorly since winning the Royal Rumble.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I don't absolutely HATE the guy but he's starting to get on my nerves very fast/and strongly. He is just plain annoying to me as Cork said, he's like an Irish Cena and can be lame and corny and he caters to the kids a lot now. His accent gets annoying too. I'm also sick of how much his brogue kick is being pushed.

rawisrey

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
he's gotten better imo, when he first was coming up and winning the rumble I really did dislike him. Mainly because in the matches before hand like his feud with Christian it seemed Sheamus was being Too unstoppable, Too hard to beat. I think I remember an entire match with Christian who was just bouncing off his world title feud, where Sheamus kicked out at one after every single damn cover. And even on Smackdown Sheamus was in a match Christian did a run in, speared him he got up speared him again and as the replay showed Christian was walking up the ramp looking at him and Sheamus was already up looking more angry than hurt.

But now that little factor has fallen off, now he's more of a hot head which works. Heels can exploit that, and it's believable. you can have him go crazy and win the match or go crazy and cost himself the match.

I still don't like him like I did when he first showed up but I don't dislike him like I was starting too. I just have to say if he likes to fight so much, nothing should ever be viewed as an outright mistake. instead of saying I'm sorry to Orton he should of just shrugged it off as another brogue kick, but Orton seems to be playing towards that roll more. The oops looks like I RKOd the good guy, well gotta go thing.