Did Desmond Wolfe get the push he deserved?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I was debating with a friend on whether or not Desmond WOfle has been wasted in TNA or not. I said yes he has and he said no that Desmond received a push and he has been used well. I think Wolfe has been wasted and should have gotton far more than what he has done. I think he should have at least went over Kurt Angle in one match last year. Then I think he should have joined fortune instead of Kaz. In my opinion, I think that he fits in better than Kaz because Kaz seems to goofy for fortune. So WOlfe should have been given a better push and I think a feud with The Pope or Anderson would have helped him get established as a solid upper mid card/Main Eventer. Plus if he was put and Fortune and was given the Television title instead of Aj that it would have helped him much more than it did AJ since AJ has already been established.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Awesome debut.... Regardless of if he went over Kurt or not, he had instant credibility and was hot.

As for what came next... There's all sorts that has been reported that have contributed to him being nowhere right now... Backstage heat apparently put paid to his Fortune spot and London Brawling's tag push was derailed by Magnus needing to take time off... So off he trots to do some stand-up comedy; pressumably waiting for TNA to call him back to work some time in the new year.

McFly...

Reaction score
The guy's a wrestler, not a comedy act. If TNA is going to treat him like this then he might as well go back to ROH. You derail his push, you basically undo all the work into building him up. Yeah, he literaly came in and feuded with the top dog. That was a good push. But when all of that was over and the Abyss/ Chelsea thing was over, he was off the radar.

Montana

Reaction score
I agree with you. He instantly not only made an impact, but felt ready for a top spot. The fans accepted him. The guy was even winning the online polls to win a title shot. But a push really wasn't there. He was having meaningless matches with Pope and Abyss, but really not winning many matches and got lost in the shuffle. That's kinda how TNA normally works though. I don't think he should be champ, but they could have made a legit threat to the belt.

CMS

Reaction score
I actually think he should be a champion. It's amazing how TNA wasted him after his feud with Kurt Angle. They seemed to be giving title matches to anybody in sight and they couldn't find in them to give this guy a title feud?

That's what happens when you sign with TNA instead of WWE. Wolfe, Joe: Punk and Bryan are laughing at you.

Doomsday

Reaction score
Fuck that piece of shit. Daffney is a bigger draw then he'll ever be.
He's just another bland fucking heel.
Fuck him and his lisp.

Reaction score
I never noticed Wolfe had a lisp and he put on some amazing matches with Danielson. There is nothing wrong with Wolfe, look at his feud with Angle and his ROH days.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Great wrestler with above average mic skills. Him feuding with Kurt was a great decision since they remind me of each other in a lot of ways. Unfortunately Hogan and Bischoff came in right after his feud with Angle ended and he's been in limbo ever since. I don't mind him teaming with Magnus because they have a cool dynamic with each other.

My advice for their impending return.(?): Feud with Motor City until Lockdown.

Airfixx

Reaction score
Yeah, well intrigued... If you ever see anything online be sure to post us a link won't ya. :)