Devitt = Finn Bálor

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Prince Devitt will be using the name Finn Balor in WWE NXT.

There was talk of letting him use his real name, Fergal Devitt, but that is not the case.

Devitt may be in action at tonight’s NXT tapings from Full Sail University.
Pwmania.

That's a pretty cool name to be honest. Finn is an old Irish warrior game that roughly means "Surely"/"Sure". and Balor is the king of death and demons in Irishi mythology. So his name roughly means Sure Death.

Debut video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Balor has to be easy as fuck to chant.

"Bay-lor! Bay-lor!"

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Bay-lor? Sounds like gay-lord :awyeah:

But seriously, can't wait to see him in action already

• Haha
Reactions: Swift

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Not a bad name, now we're just waiting on Steen's new name or they gonna let him keep that.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Not a bad name, now we're just waiting on Steen's new name or they gonna let him keep that.

I dunno, I would've liked it much better if they let Kenta, Devitt and Steen keep their real names... Sucks they didn't, they're probably gonna change Steen's as well, guess I'll have to get used to it.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
My idea of him wining a KOTR tournament and becoming King Devitt is now out the window.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Finn Balor? I doubt that becomes an internationally known name. He may as well just be called 'Sure Death' because nobody is simply going to look it up.
It sounds like the name of a child or somebody who's gonna get their a** whipped.
They should urge him to change it to something different, something that says he has healthy T-levels.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Finn Balor? I doubt that becomes an internationally known name. He may as well just be called 'Sure Death' because nobody is simply going to look it up.
It sounds like the name of a child or somebody who's gonna get their a** whipped.
They should urge him to change it to something different, something that says he has healthy T-levels.

That's why Fergal Devitt, Prince Devitt or simply Devitt are better names than Finn Balor.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Of course we would all prefer they use the name that they had when WWE signed them but unfortunately most of the time that won't happen.. After thinking about the names a bit I really do like them they're not horrid let's just hope they work well with how athletic some of these new guys are.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Remember when removing the mask off of Sami Zayn was a bad idea?

I see no reason to hate on the name. If a man called Dolph Ziggler or the Miz can be world champion, then so can a man with a popular Irish first name and a last name taken from the king of the dead.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Remember when removing the mask off of Sami Zayn was a bad idea?

I see no reason to hate on the name. If a man called Dolph Ziggler or the Miz can be world champion, then so can a man with a popular Irish first name and a last name taken from the king of the dead.

You've got a good point there, sir. Guess we'll have to wait and see. Time will only tell.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Of course we would all prefer they use the name that they had when WWE signed them but unfortunately most of the time that won't happen.. After thinking about the names a bit I really do like them they're not horrid let's just hope they work well with how athletic some of these new guys are.
It doesn't have to be their real names. The Shield members picked 100% perfect names despite their well known indy background. Bray Wyatt works great, too.
Fergal and Kenta are picking names a jacka** would pick. They're only picking names they are used to hearing each day in their homeland.

Pick names that North American's will warm to. Simple, right?

• Haha
Reactions: Rogue