Details on Kane's World Title win

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Source: Pro Wrestling Observer
Kane set a couple of company marks in winning the title on 7/18 at Money in the Bank in Kansas City from the Sprint Center. Kane’s first and only previous title run was in 1998, and 12 years between title runs was the longest in company history (Bob Backlund lost the title at the end of 1983 and had a few day run in 1994). He also joined Big Show as the only person in history to be WWE champion, World champion and ECW champion. It’s being said that Kane was given a last run on top because he’s going to retire soon, but when it comes to wrestlers and retirements, well, history says what it says.

Well, if Kane is "retiring" soon I could seriously see this as his retirement angle...

The RKO Disciple

Reaction score
so taker wins his 19th and Kane goes home packing? what good is this? have kane win the 'end' and force the streak to end, as Kane goes out with a bang becoming the first to 'stop the streak' instead of becoming the next victim of the streak

Reaction score
I hope Kane retires on a high note. I also hope he gives a rub to someone up and coming, like Ted Dibiase or Dolph Ziggler (but that won't happen).

They'll probably job him to Rey again.

Kizza

Reaction score
Kane deserves to be put over, for all the guys he has over the years.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
I honestly really want to see Kane get a good run with the strap, and hell I wouldn't be opposed to a Kane/Taker III at Mania tbh, Kane is still quality in teh ring and Taker has improved dramatically since the last time they faced off at Mania, if built right Kane could be a legitimate threat to end the streak.

Reaction score
we need another Kane Vs Kane feud :shifty: Kevin Nash can play as the other kane

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Dude if they did Kane Vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and had Kane end the streak and have that be BOTH of their retirement matches, that would be so sick. I could imagine Kane finally defeating his brother, and at the end of the match they both embrace a lightning strikes, the lights go out, and when they return all there would be is a puff of smoke as they both disappear.

Kizza

Reaction score
I honestly really want to see Kane get a good run with the strap, and hell I wouldn't be opposed to a Kane/Taker III at Mania tbh, Kane is still quality in teh ring and Taker has improved dramatically since the last time they faced off at Mania, if built right Kane could be a legitimate threat to end the streak.

So wait, Taker is a better wrestler than pre 04?

Reaction score
Dude if they did Kane Vs. Undertaker at Wrestlemania, and had Kane end the streak and have that be BOTH of their retirement matches, that would be so sick. I could imagine Kane finally defeating his brother, and at the end of the match they both embrace a lightning strikes, the lights go out, and when they return all there would be is a puff of smoke as they both disappear.

That would be so awesome.

But won't happen. So yeah. :/

Reaction score
If I knew what things were going to be like for Kane 7 years later, I would of held off unmasking him if he's going to retire soon.

Reaction score
If Kane retires, there's going to be a need for another "dark" character. Hopefully Kane's "rebirth" is going to make Creative realize that there are always fans that respond to a darker, psychological, emotional gimmick personality. "Dark" gimmicks are ALWAYS the most interesting, bottom line (well..with exception to the Dungeon of Doom-WCW and Kevin Thorne: Gay Techno Vampire Extraordinaire )

This is why if they bring someone up from FCW/wherever with a "dark/psychological" gimmick, whoever he is, he should retire Kane. That'd be an instant way to elevate a new guy, and would let Kane ride out on a high note, having given a good 3 month program rub to a new guy.

Anybody remember years ago when it was said that Kane was going to be the Undertaker's successor? I can't remember where the fuck I read it, but YEARS ago (like 1999 timeline) I think the Undertaker said he wanted Kane to retire him. Anybody else remember that??

...god...

Reaction score
When is it going to get into people's heads that Undertaker won't EVER retire until he faces John Cena at Wrestlemania. Vince would literally use his corpse to sell the match if Undertaker were to unexpectedly die. More than likely, this entire feud will lead to Undertaker retiring Kane at Survivor Series or Hell in a Cell (he may return sooner). I'd rather see the latter, since they've never had an HIAC match, it'd be fucking epic.

noumenon

Reaction score
Kane beats Taker... balance is restored... hell opens up and swallows them both back to whence they came along with WWE's current writing staff.