Desmond Wolfe Released

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
TNA has released Desmond Wolfe aka former ROH champion Nigel McGuinness, PWInsider.com has confirmed.

Wolfe, who had been sidelined for some time with a health issue that prevented him from wrestling for the company, was last seen appearing as the TNA Xplosion Commissioner, setting up a tournament on that internationally syndicated series.

After a stellar run with Ring of Honor that included a ROH title run, Wolfe was slated to sign with WWE but the company opted not to sign him after he went through their screening proces. TNA immediately snapped him up and put him into an angle with Kurt Angle that led to some great matches.

Wolfe was put on the back-burner when the Bischoff-Hogan regime entered the picture and never regained his momentum in the company before injuries forced him out of the ring.
In recent months, he has been writing a sitcom and has also been doing stand-up in the Orlando area.

Understandable decision by TNA. If he can't wrestle then he isn't much use to them.

Hopefully he can move on and succeed with whatever he does next. I don't know if he will be able to wrestle again but if not it seems like he has been planning for the future with his writing and stand-up.

Shame that this health issue has dogged him and hasn't allowed him to reach his full potential in the wrestling business.

Seak

Reaction score
He's a hell of a loss. Not just for TNA, because I understand why they let him go, but for the wrestling business as a whole. His work in ROH was some absolutely amazing heel work and he could pull off some great matches with just about anyone. I hope his health issue (which is filled with rumors and still the facts aren't out) is something that can get resolved and he can get back in the ring one day.

Lucky

Reaction score
Well I think this pretty much confirms he's done in the business.

Best of luck to him on the writing of his sitcoms

EffectsofRaven

Reaction score
Back in the days of E-Fedding.

I learnt a lot of how amazing character he was but man, he is the greatest mat wrestler never to use mat wrestling. He so polished in the ring, it was unbelievable and his talent on the microphone was argubly the best to come out of ring of honor in compassion to the others in that company; that's no way slating Ring of Honor cause their is talented guys, a lot of them but Desmond Wolfe was one of the only RoH guys who was bred in Ring of Honor and could get himself over the microphone as well.

From a Business Stand point, it's completely understandable but so many people was calling for him to make an appearance on iMPACT according to the reports and stuff. Surely, you should keep him if he's truly as popular as people make him out to be. Especially if wrestling matters, the dude was ravaged by injuries but he certainly sounds like he was talented enough backstage in the writing department to be considered to stay there as a road agent or writer...

LOLTNA.

Chase

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes3
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Such a shame, great talent and because he has health issues may not wrestle ever again. I want those resolved dammit. Anyways understandable why TNA let him go, he could not perform for them, so why keep him? Sucks though I hope one day we can see him in the ring once again.

Reaction score
Understandable decision by TNA. If he can't wrestle then he isn't much use to them.

Oh c'mon now, who wrestles in TNA?

In all seriousness, they had used him briefly on the Explosion show as a Commish, (or so I read I have never followed that show) I don't know why they stopped doing that. I'm sure he would have been a riot.
As for his injuries I have never understood why all the newsletters kept them a secret. Someone told me it was due to his recurring arm/shoulder injury and past concussions, but nothing has ever been confirmed.

It's a shame he didn't get into WWE earlier, he may have had a chance at a backstage job there. We know TNA doesn't care for the health of welfare of it's talent.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This is no suprise and has been coming for awhile. It is almost like he started off too well in the feud with Angle, than it was always going to be down hill from there. Really liked his heel character, but he was soon reduced to just another mid-carder.

Anyway hope he can resolve his health problems and return to the ring full-time at some stage, if not then I wish him luck in his future projects, and thank him for the great memories.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
The guy was gold in the ring but it seems his career has come to a premature end. That's a risk in the business. I hope he can find a good life away from Wrestling and it seems like he has a plan.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
The guy does standup and writes sitcom scripts, you would think he would be right up the TNA creatives alley.

C'mon, this guy can write childish storylines like Russo.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
That was a needless pot shot, and WWE are just as guilty if not more than TNA of that sort of thing.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Right and Hitler killed a millions jews and Mel Gibson said some shit about Jews and that means they are in the same boat right? TNA creative have done more inane and pointless storylines and segments to even list.

WWE does it too? Sure, ofcourse they do. Lumping them in the same category is just plain bias.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
No its not, because I think as little of TNA's product as you, and the way they are run is just awful, and I have stated so many times, so clearly no bias.

It is common knowledge than WWE hail TV writers, where as far as I know TNA have never done so.

Lucky

Reaction score
It is common knowledge than WWE hail TV writers, where as far as I know TNA have never done so.

You need to look into who Bischoff's partner is then. I'll give you a hint, he's the guy EY knocked out last week.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Dude from the Wonder Years? No TNA has never used people from television to overlook and write their shows. lol