Deadpool & Wolverine (July 2024)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Yeah the Venom movies are fuckin terrible. I thought Venom in Spider Man 3 wasn’t that bad tbh but it should’ve been its own movie.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Yeah the Venom movies are fuckin terrible. I thought Venom in Spider Man 3 wasn’t that bad tbh but it should’ve been its own movie.
the fact that they made THREE venom movies, THREE, with no spiderman in it is the dumbest fucking direction I've seen in a long time. makes no sense.

Tom Hardy is a great actore but I have no idea why he keeps doing them and thinking they are good. he said he likes them because his kid gets to watch them but like fuck your dumb kid what about my nostalgia! :p

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
My comic book days ended preMcFarlane
I was big into the mutants teams and then Deathlok and West Coast Avengers
My favorite forever was Longshot

Yeah being the oldest of four I didn't get to read Comics like that as a kid either my Parents probably had enough of a problem getting us Clothes, Food and paying Rent then to spend Money for Toys and such. Even in the late 90s when I got into Pokemon, DBZ I couldn't of went to my Parents to get me something if it wasn't Christmas or our Birthday. So when I was able to get a Figure or some Cards it felt like a Dream coming to reality.

I had friends and we all had them where they would throw it in your face if they got something new. I had a friend of mines who got me into DBZ and Pokemon his Neighbor legit had his Parents buy 15 or 20 DBZ Figures and he never watched the Show or had interest it in. He just wanted to show off that his Parents had it like that.

So my learning when it came to X-Men and Spidey was the Animated Shows and thank goodness for that. I personally liked all the Spidey and Nolan Batman Films even Dark Knight Rises as well.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Sam Raimi didn't even want Venom in Spider-Man 3. The studio forced it. Which is why the whole character seemed so forced.

The final chapter of Harry's story didn't need to be as convoluted as it was, but had the villains been just Goblin Jr and Sandman, we wouldn't be talking about it as negatively as we do.

Reactions: Apoho Creed

Sabretooth

Reaction score
the fact that they made THREE venom movies, THREE, with no spiderman in it is the dumbest fucking direction I've seen in a long time. makes no sense.

Tom Hardy is a great actore but I have no idea why he keeps doing them and thinking they are good. he said he likes them because his kid gets to watch them but like fuck your dumb kid what about my nostalgia! :p
Tom Hardy is a good actor but I didn’t even think he was good in Venom lol. He just portrays Eddie Brock as a bumbling idiot who looks drunk and high all the time even though he’s not. I have no idea what he was trying to go for with his performance

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Tom Hardy is a good actor but I didn’t even think he was good in Venom lol. He just portrays Eddie Brock as a bumbling idiot who looks drunk and high all the time even though he’s not. I have no idea what he was trying to go for with his performance
I can't disagree, I hate his goofy ass Eddie Brock. the accent sucks. he doesn't sound threatening ever. Just a whole lot of very weird creative directions, all of which I hate lol

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Gonna be a shocker but I have enjoyed the two Venom movies as well.
they are probably fine if you don't care for the source material. but any Venom mark likely also thinks they are dogshit

Apoho Creed

Mon ami
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Sam Raimi didn't even want Venom in Spider-Man 3. The studio forced it. Which is why the whole character seemed so forced.

The final chapter of Harry's story didn't need to be as convoluted as it was, but had the villains been just Goblin Jr and Sandman, we wouldn't be talking about it as negatively as we do.

True and Grace to me didn't feel like Eddie Brock in the slightest. Eddie needs to look like a guy who could beat up Spidey with one Arm and it was the opposite for me. I really enjoyed the last Act of that film especially when Harry helped out Peter to take on Sandman and Venom.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
True and Grace to me didn't feel like Eddie Brock in the slightest. Eddie needs to look like a guy who could beat up Spidey with one Arm and it was the opposite for me. I really enjoyed the last Act of that film especially when Harry helped out Peter to take on Sandman and Venom.
yeah Eddie is supposed to be a gym rat and kind of a musclehead - topher grace is the most ridiculous casting to the point I felt i was being fucking trollled

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
honestly, even the low point MCU in general is better than the majority of those 90s and 00s hero movies. the large majority of those movies pre-MCU are hot garbage for the most part imo

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I mean Venom 1 is truly one of the worst written comic book movies I have ever seen which kills all my enjoyment.

Venom 2 is better because at least it’s only 90 minutes and is just pure chaos the whole way through. Still a bad movie though but a stupidly enjoyable one.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I mean Venom 1 is truly one of the worst written comic book movies I have ever seen which kills all my enjoyment.

Venom 2 is better because at least it’s only 90 minutes and is just pure chaos the whole way through. Still a bad movie though but a stupidly enjoyable one.
I agree 2 was more palatable. was not good but it wasn't the worst ever. venom 1 script is awful and the story is all over the place. like it doesn't want to choose what kind of movie it wants to be so it just decides to be shit at every genre instead. At least I knew it was gonna be shit before I watched it

Reactions: Sabretooth

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah the Venom movies have the biggest gap between movie quality and coolness of source character ever

• Haha
Reactions: Canadian Dragon