DC Universe

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I had Gotham already....you're not getting any better Bullock and Gordon than that series.

Even when they dropped the ball with that series finale

Reactions: Chris

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Woah.

Also Stargirl was amazing in Season 1 check it out people!

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
That looks so good, I can’t wait for it. Great use of Nirvana’s “Something in the Way” too.

I think I’m more hyped for Wonder Woman but I’ll hold off judgment on Black Adam until I see more of it.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Sorry for the double post...

This looks like it could be good. I didn’t see who was playing Peacemaker though

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3

Showstopper

The Icon That Can Still Go
Reaction score
So pumped for THE BATMAN, JUSTICE LEAGUE, WONDER WOMAN 1984, and SUICIDE SQUAD. :mark: :mark: :mark:

DC getting ready to kick some serious ass going forward and I'm here for it.

Reactions: Jimmy King

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Also the Snyder Cut of Justice League trailer was released and oh my god.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
bLkHRA0l.jpg

mEot98Rl.jpg

When we got out first look at Javicia Leslie as the new Batwoman in a screen test it was met with many mixed emotions. Well now it seems that all those emotions can shift in a more positive direction as we now have our FIRST FULL LOOK at Leslie’s Ryan Wilder as the new protector of Gotham.

The redesigned Batsuit was conceptualized by Batwoman costume designer Maya Mani and created by Ocean Drive Leather, the wig created by Janice Workman and makeup styled by Cory Roberts.

Regarding new character Ryan Wilder and Batwoman’s new look, executive producer Caroline Dries said: “Ryan’s journey starts from a place of ‘What can this Batsuit do for me?’ But it’s not long before she realizes the power of its symbol and what it can do for everyone else in Gotham City. As Ryan embraces everything that makes her special, she adjusts the suit to fit her physically and figuratively. This meant creating a new body design and new cowl that was undeniably a statement that screamed ‘powerful.’ Maya Mani sent me her drawings and I loved it. The wig was something we never perfected in season one, and Janice Workman crushed it with this new take. Javicia and I saw various prototypes of styles and red ombres, and at one point we were trading our own iPad-doodled versions. Janice translated that into what we are looking at now. When I see it, I smile. It makes me feel inspired.”

Javicia Leslie is the first Black actress to portray Batwoman in a live-action television or film production. Of the design and her collaboration with Caroline Dries and Maya Mani, she said: “I love the fact that Ryan is becoming her own Batwoman — it’s her style, her swag, and her moment! It was an honor to be able to collaborate with Caroline and Maya. I felt it was important that viewers could tell by the silhouette that Batwoman was a Black girl. With the form-fitting suit and beautiful Afro, we definitely nailed it!”

Costume Designer Maya Mani, who has created many of the suits for the “Arrowverse,” says of the redesign: “I was asked by Caroline Dries to design a Batsuit that was unique to the character of Ryan Wilder; as she is a highly skilled fighter, encapsulating her raw, athletic, and passionate nature was imperative. As Batwoman, Javicia Leslie not only brings a fresh perspective, but physical strength to the role. It was important for the new suit to define Javicia’s commanding presence while showcasing her athleticism and allowing her the freedom to express the physical nature of Batwoman, all while looking ultra-cool in the process!”

Notable changes include:

A new cowl featuring natural, curly hair with red streaks, red gauntlets over the forearms, and shorter boots.
A redesign with new materials, featuring laser etching to create more visual depth and a stronger silhouette.
As someone who was excited for the second season to see what Javicia Leslie brings to the role this amps up the excitement ten fold.

Damn she looks lovely in the new Batwoman outfit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS

Alice was the best thing on this Show and I'm sure she's going to be that for me again.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Tried forcing myself to like the first season....nope.

I'm skipping this.....fool me once.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
WB Plans to Release Six DC Films in 2022, Four in Theaters and Two on HBO Max
Batgirl and Static Shock Live-Action Movies Likely Heading to HBO MAX
WB Execs Says Justice League Snyder Cut is a "Street That Leads Nowhere"

[IMG]

DC Films is proving essential to the growth of WarnerMedia’s streaming service HBO Max thanks to the Christmas debut of Wonder Woman 1984 and the expected March launch of Zack Snyder’s Justice League director’s cut. In news that should surprise no one, these two comic book films are just the start of DC Films’ massive push into streaming. A profile of DC Films president Walter Hamada published by The New York Times confirms the studio’s plan for splitting its slate among theatrical projects and HBO Max projects.

According to Hamada, the most expensive DC movies will be designed for movie theaters just as they always have been (think Patty Jenkins’ Wonder Woman films, James Wan’s Aquaman sequel, Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam film, the long-in-development Flash movie). The goal is to begin releasing four of these tentpoles in theaters a year beginning in 2022. Smaller, riskier comic book films will head straight to HBO Max. While not confirmed, The Times suggests projects such as Batgirl and Static Shock movies are examples of the films DC Films will send straight to HBO Max. The goal is for DC Films to release two HBO Max comic book films a year.

HBO Max will also be the home to spinoff series that branch out from the theatrical comic book movies. As Hamada told The Times, “With every movie that we’re looking at now, we are thinking, ‘What’s the potential Max spinoff?’” Warner Bros. and HBO Max have already set spinoff streaming series for The Batman (showrunner Terrence Winter recently left the project) and The Suicide Squad, the latter of which is being developed by James Gunn and is set to headline John Cena’s Peacemaker in the lead role.

DC Films is also diving head first into the multiverse in order to maintain its DC Extended Universe timeline (Gal Gadot’s Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa’s Aquaman, Ezra Miller’s Flash, etc.) while also developing more standalone-minded projects (think Joker and Robert Pattinson’s The Batman). To summarize: Robert Pattinson’s Caped Crusader does not exist in the DC Extended Universe, but he does exist in the DC Films multiverse.

As reported by The Times: “To make all the story lines work, DC Films will introduce movie audiences to a comics concept known as the multiverse: parallel worlds where different versions of the same character exist simultaneously. Coming up, for instance, Warner Bros. will have two different film sagas involving Batman — played by two different actors — running at the same time.”

“Boiled down, it means that some characters (Wonder Woman as portrayed by Ms. Gadot, for instance) will continue their adventures on Earth 1, while new incarnations (Mr. Pattinson as ‘The Batman’) will populate Earth 2,” The Times continues. “‘The Flash,’ a film set for release in theaters in 2022, will link the two universes and feature two Batmans, with Mr. Affleck returning as one and Michael Keaton returning as the other. Mr. Keaton played Batman in 1989 and 1992.”

“I don’t think anyone else has ever attempted this,” Hamada said about the multiverse expansion. “But audiences are sophisticated enough to understand it. If we make good movies, they will go with it.”

As for Snyder’s Justice League director’s cut, studio executives for DC Films told The Times the HBO Max event is “a storytelling cul-de-sac — a street that leads nowhere.” In other words, the Snyder cut is not part of the DC Films blueprint that’s been discussed here.

[IMG]

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/12/dc-films-future-two-batman-franchises-hbo-max-spinoffs-1234606792/

Reactions: Apoho Creed