Dashing Cody Rhodes

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Reaction score
That promo last night was actually pretty funny. His mic skills have gotten better but still isn't much of a character. Maybe he can pull of this dashing gimmick. I think i am still laughing when he told the chick in the crowd he can hear her getting fatter. She shut up fast. It was great.

noumenon

Reaction score
Good for Cody, hopefully it works out for him. Both him and Ted have really started to come into their own over the past month or so. Hopefully WWE doesn't drop the ball on either of them, if built correctly either of these guys could be main eventing in a year or two. The potential feud between them down the road is also an interesting option. I always preferred Cody a bit over Ted. I'm glad they gave him his own unique gimmick instead of just slapping him with his father's.... I'm looking at you Ted.

maty619

Reaction score
Pretty good gimmick I think, the promo was gold, I was really hoping for Striker to stand up, pick a mic up and actually own him though. There was one point where he took his headset off when Cody was talking to Todd, something must come out of this feud surely. Anyway back on topic, yeah this gimmick could be great although I don't think much to the nickname, they could have gone with something better imo. The promo was great I liked it when he was practising ways to say "Dashing" Cody Rhodes and when he was taking the piss out of the fans. I'm glad they finally gave him a gimmick because before this it was nearly impossible to tell if he was face or heel but now it is obvious.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
"Dashing" Cody Rhodes? Are they giving him a gimmick saying that he is handsome?

This one sounds like a real winner right here.

Reaction score
"Dashing" Cody Rhodes? Are they giving him a gimmick saying that he is handsome?
This one sounds like a real winner right here.
Like "Stunning" Steve Austin?

I'm glad they gave him his own unique gimmick instead of just slapping him with his father's.... I'm looking at you Ted.
Could you imagine Cody gaining 200 lbs and dancing around? You really couldn't pass Dusty's gimmick to Cody, he was just a common man character that just oozed charisma. He does have his daddy's lisp though. Teddy Jr. kind of had to pick up his father's gimmick to a degree.What if he came in with no money? Did Sr. go broke? Did he lose it all in AOL-Time Warner stock? Did he disown his kin? I don't think it should be a direct rip off and to me it's a tweaked version and it seems to fit him. And I would usually disagree with giving him the Million Dollar Title, but that belt is just so swank that I can't.

noumenon

Reaction score
I'm not completely against the gimmick, the little trust fund tweak gives it a cool vibe. You can just feel the "Daddy's trust fun ran out" angle a year or so down the road..lol.

Doomsday

Reaction score
Maybe the gimmick won't be bad, but him repeating himself for over three and a half minutes was annoying as all fuck.
It won't be better then the Legacy gimmick that's for sure. Mark my words.

SharkWithHumanTeeth.jpg

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
I'm just glad Cody finally has a gimmick. I'm hoping now that he'll be on SD more often. For those that didn't see it....

[YT]RUdZJCawSUw[/YT]

"I can hear you getting fatter" :lmao

triceki

Reaction score
I like Husky Harris, I think hes going to be a good superstar, hes entertaining in the ring

nation

Reaction score
What happened to the "Uncommon" Cody Rhodes?

nation

Reaction score
What happened to the "Uncommon" Cody Rhodes?

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Yeah Cody has always been impressive imo. His mic skills have always been really really good but he finally is getting the chance to show that. Hes a pretty good wrestler too and has alot of potential. I dont see him ever getting out of the mid card but id love to see a nice top heel run on SD for him.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Yeah Cody has always been impressive imo. His mic skills have always been really really good but he finally is getting the chance to show that. Hes a pretty good wrestler too and has alot of potential. I dont see him ever getting out of the mid card but id love to see a nice top heel run on SD for him.