Darren Young comes out as gay

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
My thing is I'm guessing he got the ok from the wwe to come out. They could fire him for breaking a character without permission.

I could easily see a gay character start coming out though. Split up the tag

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Don't ya like how he comes out of the closet and magically can beat wrestlers like Antonio Cesaro? He didn't deserve a push because of this news. Jesus Christ.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Don't ya like how he comes out of the closet and magically can beat wrestlers like Antonio Cesaro? He didn't deserve a push because of this news. Jesus Christ.

TWO WINS IN ONE WEEK! BULLSHIT!

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
PTP can beat every IWC favorite, I couldn't care less, just want to see that "millions of dollars" dance. That shit is going to get over the more they do it, like they should've been doing a year ago.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5

Because Antonio Cesaro is doing sooooo good right now right? He can wrestle but gets almost no reaction, and is in a tag with a bumbling idiot. Zeb Colter is more over than both of them.

Did you hear the reaction PTP's got last Monday? Every team from 3MB, to Usos, to Prime Time Players get better reactions than the Real Americans. Point being, yes, Darren and the PTP should be getting pushes instead of Cesaro.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Because Antonio Cesaro is doing sooooo good right now right? He can wrestle but gets almost no reaction, and is in a tag with a bumbling idiot. Zeb Colter is more over than both of them.

Did you hear the reaction PTP's got last Monday? Every team from 3MB, to Usos, to Prime Time Players get better reactions than the Real Americans. Point being, yes, Darren and the PTP should be getting pushes instead of Cesaro.

Now counter my point that had nothing to do with Cesaro. He won two matches in one week after coming out when the last time he got a pinfall victory on Raw or Smackdown was like a year ago.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
My thing is I'm guessing he got the ok from the wwe to come out. They could fire him for breaking a character without permission.

I could easily see a gay character start coming out though. Split up the tag

He wasn't in the ring he was in an airport this isn't the 80s where they try to keep kayfabe all the time.

And WWE has been back and forth with PTP for awhile now so I'm not sure it's completely Gay related. Cesaro has also been on a downward spiral for awhile.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Now counter my point that had nothing to do with Cesaro. He won two matches in one week after coming out when the last time he got a pinfall victory on Raw or Smackdown was like a year ago.

Looks like they're turning PTP face and faces always get the wins. Especially when they're newly face.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
And WWE has been back and forth with PTP for awhile now so I'm not sure it's completely Gay related. Cesaro has also been on a downward spiral for awhile.

I can agree with this, the face turn and wins happening the same week could just be a coincidence because the Piss Timers have been in the news a bit more before the gay thing anyway.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Allow me to go completely off topic for a second, but the fact that Cessaro is being used to get people over shows how much confidence that company has in him. Ring generals like that will have a job for life when they are in that position. Him not looking like a maineventer isn't going to mean he isn't liked, or he is on some downward spiral. He is in a position working with still greenish talent helping them get over. This isn't the worst spot in pro-wrestling, also thoe guys are put in different slots anywhere on the card and not look out of place. Yeah totally not a downward spiral if you ask me, he will work his way up the card, that shit doesn't happen overnight.

Anyways back on Darren Young, seeing as he was already slotted for a Be a star thingie tells me the PTP were going to be turned, Did the same for Miz a few weeks before he turned face, Mark Henry amd Big Show too.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Allow me to go completely off topic for a second, but the fact that Cessaro is being used to get people over shows how much confidence that company has in him. Ring generals like that will have a job for life when they are in that position. Him not looking like a maineventer isn't going to mean he isn't liked, or he is on some downward spiral. He is in a position working with still greenish talent helping them get over. This isn't the worst spot in pro-wrestling, also thoe guys are put in different slots anywhere on the card and not look out of place. Yeah totally not a downward spiral if you ask me, he will work his way up the card, that shit doesn't happen overnight.

Anyways back on Darren Young, seeing as he was already slotted for a Be a star thingie tells me the PTP were going to be turned, Did the same for Miz a few weeks before he turned face, Mark Henry amd Big Show too.

So JTG is the greatest member of the roster? He's been around for what 8 9 years now (chris will inform us via his website he has bookmarked) But WWE keeps him around to help build up new talent.

Kidding aside I know that Cesaro isn't on an actual downward spiral but not everyone is a smark and if he's not winning he's losing and in their minds its a downward spiral. The jist of my point was that the status quo didn't change it continued on a path it was already heading towards.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
But Bret Hart was putting over everybody under the sun everytime the Hart Foundation was split up and it took Wrestlemania's 4 to 7 before he started being booked like a rising maineventer got the big belt 2 years after that and was finally The Man at Mania 10. The workers take more time than the entertainers, but shit, when they get over....They are the ones who are remembered with rose coloured glasses.

Bret too oldschool? What about Daniel Bryan? Where was he just two years ago? Being fed to heel Sheamus and getting his ass lkicked by everybody. I remember the smarky sites just bitching that they should just fire him if thats how they are going to treat him and using the same buzzwords a "deserves". You can go look back at the old threads about him and will be amazed on how many "experts" just look stupid and shortsighted with hindsight rearing its head.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Who can't beat Cesaro? He was on main brand TV even less than PTP after losing the us title. He was just a Main Event guy like Wade before teaming with Swagger, its not like they went out there and went over Big E or Ryback. Its a midcard act being beat by a midcard act

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
There's obviously effort going into building some semblance of a tag division at the moment, they're short on credible face teams, PTP seem like the next logical choice after the Usos to try and build to give The Shield and the Wyatt family some competition in the future, so I'm fairly sure it'd be happening whether he was gay or not. As long as they don't make him wear pink trunks and change the name of his finishing move to The Flaming Gay Drop I'm going to give WWE the benefit of the doubt and assume any push he receives is due to them trying to build PTP and unrelated to his new found magical gay powers.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
What he said, and the only thing mentioned in his actual matches on commentary are that the tag team division is becoming great. Its all King, JBL, and Cole mentioned the past two shows. And it wasnt the only time that it was mentioned as they trumpeted the same response with the Usos working. They are just trying to build a new division and that matters with Night of Champions approaching.

Honestly the US and IC divisions don't get as much coverage as tag teams have been getting the past month or so. You can tell they have made an effort in putting tag teams and divas in more time slots, which is why you see the Usos, 3MB, Real Americans, PTP, Shield, Wyatt Family, Show and Henry, etc talking about the gold and the Colons being repackaged. You can also add that they've done the very thing with the divas to put over the show as well since its been a success. Its a giant contrast to last year or so when you would see Cesaro, Kofi, Miz, Wade, Truth, etc getting random ass IC and US title matches and wins while the tag titles and divas title divisons weren't looked at outside the champion who wore them as props

Last edited: