• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dark Side of the Ring

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry

The Naitch speaks

...well, that's just bad. Flair says that Rory guy typically lies when he opens his mouth, but of course he's telling the truth when he says he didn't uncover anyone who would confirm those actions. :lol

Also that Rory guy said, that he never heard anyone, from those he talked to during the making of the 30 for 30 episode, confirming actions like that. It doesn't matter if it was done once, or hundreds of times, it's still wrong to do it.

Nothing about this episode is going to shine anything new on Cena or Taker that we (posters on this forum specifically) didn't already know. Cena has always been a corporate mouthpiece and Taker has always been an enabler of backstage bullying. I'm sure some people will choose to act shocked and appalled by this "new information" though. :lol

Maybe nothing new comes from it, maybe it does. It depends on who they went to for the talking head segments. I definitely would like to see what Darren Young or Tyler Reks have to say, if they were approached.

Last edited:

GARBAGE

Lookin like the people interviewed for the Kanyon episode will be DDP, Sinister Minister, Brian Cage, Luke Hawx, and the Young Bucks. Those last few fascinate me since I never would have placed a link there (plus I don't even know who Luke Hawx is, but the guy even bailed Kanyon out of jail once according to wiki), but they apparently all became friends with Kanyon. Jericho's name is mentioned too but I'm unsure if it just means he'll be narrating like normal.

I'm ready for another gut punch of a watch for this one, not just for the homophobia, but Kanyon was bipolar had threatened suicide multiple times over the years (and has at least one attempt I can find info on, from 2003) before actually doing it in 2010.

Death By Looch

I Believe In Joe Hendry
Luke Hawx is the former Altar Boy Luke... not a bad Wrestler. Young Bucks and Brian Cage, while I can believe they being friends with Kanyon, just seem to be the usual AEW tie-ins.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
@Dethamine I believe tge term you are looking for is " whataboutism" and it is one of the major plagues to a proper discussion as you can do it about literally anything. Not to mention an irrelevant transgression of another human and the lack of outrage towards it is a) irrelevant and b) out of anyone's control and can't be changed. It's terrible flawed logic that would get you laughed at in actual debate n it I completely understand your frustration at it because quite frankly it's a hot garbage take

Alexa

Forever on Holiday
@Dethamine I believe tge term you are looking for is " whataboutism" and it is one of the major plagues to a proper discussion as you can do it about literally anything. Not to mention an irrelevant transgression of another human and the lack of outrage towards it is a) irrelevant and b) out of anyone's control and can't be changed. It's terrible flawed logic that would get you laughed at in actual debate n it I completely understand your frustration at it because quite frankly it's a hot garbage take
Yeah, that is what I was going for. I just Raven as an example since he did it a lot in WCW and all.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist

That clears it up. I didn’t get it.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Here's another statement from Flair:

"To clarify, the ‘helicopter’ as it was called, is accurate. I wish I could blame it on youth, but it was a case of drinking too much and being inappropriate and I apologize for that (and have countless times over the years).

“I made some bad decisions during dark periods in my life, and it is something I’ve spent a significant part of years I was given by the doctors in 2017 trying to make right.

“I condemn sexual assault in any way, shape or form. I could (and have) written books (as have others) that have covered my transgressions. I’ve made some terrible decisions, but I’ve never forced myself on anyone in any way. Period.”

Kross Rhodes

Here's another statement from Flair:

See this is what I think dreamer was trying to say but he was such an idiot that he butchered it.

I don’t know what to think about this other than at least he acknowledges the helicopter thing and he owns his bad behaviors outside that one thing.

Kross Rhodes

4d2d939a7ff0f8e25af1615184f16379.jpg

Interesting. This is now 2 people, 3 if you count Ric.

I'm really curious where Dark Side of the Ring is going in Season 4?

Pitbull #2?
British Bulldog?
Mr. Perfect?
Big Boss Man?
Brian Christopher?

Not every single death is "mired in drama and darkness" but many of them in professional wrestling are. Have to wonder what stories or incidents will be covered.

What are you guys/gals ideas?