• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
f3efa425cb245b40-1200x675.jpg

Discuss the latest episode of Dark Side of the Ring which features one of the most infamous stories from WWE.

Nostradamus

White Rabbit
Reaction score
Website
www.ratswithwings.com
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
n4HSWck
Favorite Wrestler
kofi
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Tommy Dreamer, more like Tommy I-Enable-Sexual-Deviance

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Ric is untouchable. I haven't even seen this yet and all I'm hearing about is Tommy Dreamer giving a boomer take on VICE of all places. Dreamer was talking about passing out because of head trauma 10 years ago, not worth holding anything he says against him.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Ric is untouchable. I haven't even seen this yet and all I'm hearing about is Tommy Dreamer giving a boomer take on VICE of all places. Dreamer was talking about passing out because of head trauma 10 years ago, not worth holding anything he says against him.
Dreamer didn’t really say his side of the story. Moreso, “That’s Ric just being Ric and you got offended.” + “If he’s such a heinous person maybe you shouldn’t have taken the settlement.”

Reactions: Mustafar Reginald

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
Dreamer didn’t really say his side of the story. Moreso, “That’s Ric just being Ric and you got offended.” + “If he’s such a heinous person maybe you shouldn’t have taken the settlement.”
He also compared indecent exposure and forcing someone to touch your junk to his hair. Which is not a very good look

Doxo

Moist Nephew
Reaction score
Dreamer and Flair are the biggest talking points because that's what the ending was focused on, but I'm surprised nobody is talking about the two big things in the beginning, Lesnar flashing Terri and RVD casually mentioned how often wrestlers would roofie and rape women while unconscious. Like, how the heck has nobody mentioned that RVD bit. He was smart to say "the boys" rather than "we", I'll give him that much

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Dreamer and Flair are the biggest talking points because that's what the ending was focused on, but I'm surprised nobody is talking about the two big things in the beginning, Lesnar flashing Terri and RVD casually mentioned how often wrestlers would roofie and rape women while unconscious. Like, how the heck has nobody mentioned that RVD bit. He was smart to say "the boys" rather than "we", I'll give him that much
The Lesnar story has been out for a while. The reason the Ric story hit more is cause they actually got the flight attendant. The RVD story was shocking but expected . But there’s no name attached so we have nothing to point at.

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
This is exactly how I felt when reading about the story. He also shouldn't have apologized.

Cancel Culture is STUPID. People are stupid. People are overreacting in this.

Now, I get it, its a sensitive subject, but from what I've read, He. Didn’t. Have. Anything. To. Do. With. It.

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
This is exactly how I felt when reading about the story. He also shouldn't have apologized.

Cancel Culture is STUPID. People are stupid. People are overreacting in this.

Now, I get it, its a sensitive subject, but from what I've read, He. Didn’t. Have. Anything. To. Do. With. It.
While I'm not saying cancel Dreamer and I never want him to work again. The dude literally compared sexual assault to having an awful hairstyle

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
While I'm not saying cancel Dreamer and I never want him to work again. The dude literally compared sexual assault to having an awful hairstyle
That's a hot take, but I thought the whole controversy is because he thinks that Ric Flair DOESN'T seem like the kind of person to grab women's genitals.

Impact suspended him for the comments, and had to apologize on Twitter to "cave in" to the cancel mob.

I'm not a big proponent of accusing someone and getting away with it. Which damages one's career, over what? An empty sexual assault story? Women will do whatever it takes to get money, bro. You know this. Now, I'm not saying ALL women do it, but there are a lot of dumb women, a lot of liars.

If you're going to accuse someone of sexual assault... YOU BETTER be truthful or at least have some proof.

I'm not saying you, I'm saying in general.

Last edited:

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
That's a hot take, but I thought the whole controversy is because he thinks that Ric Flair DOESN'T seem like the kind of person to grab women's genitals.

Impact suspended him for the comments, and had to apologize on Twitter to "cave in" to the cancel mob.

I'm not a big proponent of accusing someone and getting away with it. Which damages one's career, over what? An empty sexual assault story? Women will do whatever it takes to get money, bro. You know this. Now, I'm not saying ALL women do it, but there are a lot of dumb women, a lot of liars.

If you're going to accuse someone of sexual assault... YOU BETTER be truthful or at least have some proof.

To be fair, I don't know if you saw Dark Side of the Ring. But the flight attendant speaking looked pretty traumatized still. She tried to say Flair wasn't going to rape me. I thought Dreamer didn't say anything bad. Until the ending when he decided to compare his double ponytail to a naked 53 year old man cornering you with a Liberace robe. If anything we should be focusing this energy at WWE for letting this slide for so long. I mean Billy Kidman had a theme about h bombing people

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
To be fair, I don't know if you saw Dark Side of the Ring. But the flight attendant speaking looked pretty traumatized still. She tried to say Flair wasn't going to rape me. I thought Dreamer didn't say anything bad. Until the ending when he decided to compare his double ponytail to a naked 53 year old man cornering you with a Liberace robe. If anything we should be focusing this energy at WWE for letting this slide for so long. I mean Billy Kidman had a theme about h bombing people
See, you and I agree in bolded. I also agree, that comparing sexual assault via being cornered by a 53 year old unrobing himself, to hairstyle is WRONG. That was stupid.

My problem is all this - is just that the controversy is just ridiculous. Its like you said why not direct the anger at WWE or like I said... why is isn't the anger towards Flair? FLAIR.

Last edited:

Tyler2

Abap
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Sports Team
rRE8Tx2
Favorite Sports Team
dJHMFjb
See, you and I agree in bolded. I also agree, that comparing sexual assault via being cornered by a 53 year old unrobing himself, to hairstyle is WRONG. That was stupid.

My problem is all this - is just that the controversy is just ridiculous. Its like you said why not direct the anger at WWE or like I said... why is isn't the anger towards Flair? FLAIR.
I'm all for holding Dreamer accountable, and Flair too. But WWE literally did nothing. Not even a fine. Heck I would've fined Flair a hefty price

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

There was a lawsuit with two flight attendants at the time and RVD himself said he saw it. And Goldust is the one to stop Ric.

• Wow
Reactions: InSaNe